Why are there no famous black historians?

Why are there no famous black historians?

I suppose because there are none that are prominent enough to have garnered fame

Yes but why

Doesn't matter, since apparently 'famous historians ' is the same thing as 'bad historians'

Maybe because there isn't anything appealing about black history. Slavery and colonization...and before that thousands of years of uncivilized tribes who hadn't invented the wheel yet.

Voltaire?

Henry Louis Gates; professor at Harvard hosted three television series, is like the person behind people taking DNA tests back in the mid 00's.

He's arguably the most famous historian in America today.

Europeans didn't "invent" the wheel. Middle eastern farmers raped their way into civilizing Europe.

Middle eastern farmers are the ancestors of modern europeans, so I don't know what point you're trying to make.

Niggas know when they try to learn that they royalty that white crackers will come raid them.
A black man who knows who he is is the greatest threat to the white devil.

Frederick Douglas, W E B Du Bois

The indigenous people of Europe are not Neolithic middle eastern farmers.

The foundations of European civilization is merely the outstretched hands of foreign people's. I don't think speaking of Africans like you have is appropriate given that reality.

Especially when African agriculture is indigenous to the continent and not some wrapped up package provided by another peoples.

Nice strawman.
Why did you post the picture of that death cult?

When will this myth end?

Black people only make up 15% of America and even less in Europe, so just going by the numbers you won't expect them to make up a large proportion of any profession. But I'd wager that they are underrepresented even still because blacks are less likely to do all sorts of things. For example (USA numbers):

>Runners (3%). Bikers (6%). Furries (2%). Wall Street senior management (2%). Occupy Wall Street protesters (unknown but low, one source says 1.6% but likely an underestimate). BDSM (unknown but low) Tea Party members (1%). American Buddhists (~2%). Bird watchers (4%). Environmentalists (various but universally low). Wikipedia contributors (unknown but low). Atheists (2%). Vegetarian activists (maybe 1-5%). Yoga enthusiasts (unknown but low). College baseball players (5%). Swimmers (2%). Fanfiction readers (2%). Unitarian Universalists (1%).

I can't tell you what it is about both historians and furries that repels blacks.

>Black people only make up 15% of America and even less in Europe, so just going by the numbers you won't expect them to make up a large proportion of any profession.

Thats interesting. Can you tell me the numbers for jews and their proportions?

Wikipedia says 6,829,000–7,160,000, 1.7–2.6% of total U.S. population. America is home to the second largest Jewish population in the world after Israel.

Voltaire is an historian now ?

What about their proportions in media, banking, politics?

Because they, like black writers, only talk about blacks/being black. And no one cares about African history or history from a black perspective.

gee I wonder where this is going...

god they are boring. do they anything else except rap music, drugs, urban streetwear and basketball?

I dunno. Why are Asians overrepresented in mathematics, computer science, and physical science?

>deflecting the question

No, that's a small part of our ancestry, it's overwhelmingly European hunter-gatherers

That sentiment paraphrased occur in all kinds of black liberation litterature and is a mainstream sentiment.

That doesn't stop leftists from thinking Europe was just sprawling with black kings and conquerors.

>I dunno. Why are Asians overrepresented in mathematics, computer science, and physical science?
Not when merrit is controlled for, i.e. actual grades, SAT scores and extra curriculars.

>implying Herodotus was white