What are your philosophical views?

What are your meta-ethical views (moral realism, nihilism, emotivisim, etc)?

What are your metaphysical views (eg, realism, idealism, dualism, etc)?

What do you think happens when we die?

What is your view on the self/ego, does it exist?

Do you think science gives us truths about the world?

cynicism

realism

nothing

yes

yes but it is corrupted by righting religious fanatics and left wing emotional jerk-offs

Uncertain

Realism

Nothing

Kinda

It does but how data is interpreted often dicks things up

>"truth"

read Nietzsche

philosophical views arent something you pick-and-choose as if you're in a grocery aisle you burger

>ethics
Do whatever you want just don't be a dick.

>metaphysical
Naturalism
Physicalism
Mechanistic

>when we die
"We" never die, only organisms die. Life continues on until complete extinction, and it more or less remembers who we were and what we did.

>self/ego
Constructs synthesized by our experience.

>science
Yes

>What are your meta-ethical views (moral realism, nihilism, emotivisim, etc)?

OPTIMISM, HEROISM.

>What are your metaphysical views (eg, realism, idealism, dualism, etc)?

IDEALISM, ROMANTICISM.

>What do you think happens when we die?

WE ENTER THE HYPERZONE; THE HYPERZONE IS A FRONTIER BETWEEN THE MATERIAL WORLD, AND THE SPIRITUAL WORLD; WHEN THE WORLD ENDS, ALL SOULS, BOTH, IN THE HYPERZONE, AND IN THE WORLD, WILL BE SUMMONED TO GATHERING, AND JUDGED, AFTER WHICH THEY WILL BE SENT EITHER TO HELL, OR TO PARADISE, ACCORDING TO THEIR NOBILITY, OR IGNOBILITY.

>What is your view on the self/ego, does it exist?

THERE ARE THREE PARTIAL SELVES, AND ONE TOTAL SELF, COMPRISING THE THREE PARTIAL SELVES.

ONE PARTIAL SELF IS THE UNCONSCIOUS/ESSENTIAL SELF, ONE PARTIAL SELF IS THE CONSCIOUS SELF/THE "I", ONE PARTIAL SELF IS THE IMAGINAL SELF/THE ANALOG "I"/THE PERSONA; THE TOTAL SELF IS THE SELFCONSCIOUS SELF/THE PERSON.

>Do you think science gives us truths about the world?

NO; SCIENCE ONLY DESCRIBES, AND MEASURES, THE WORLD.

this but ironically

Bumps

"Those who make channels for water control the waters; makers of arrows make the arrows straight."

Namo Amitofuo

"There is no birth or death, no retreating or advancing, no existence in the world or passage into quiescence."

"The self is the principle of the mutually inclusive relationship of a single moment of life and all phenomena."

“It is said that Lao Tzu and Confucius thought nine times before uttering a single word, or three times before uttering a single word. And Tan, the Duke of Chou, was so eager to receive his callers that he would spit out his food three times in the course of a meal and wring out his hair three times in the course of washing it."

unironically nihilism

monism (as in advaita)

I do not know.

it exists as the need of the individual to preserve their genes and spread them to another generation. Other than that, nature doesn't concern itself with the individual

It does, but not as answers to "why", only to "how". If these get confused, the amount of faggotry at hand is unbearable

whoever disagrees with me is a retard

Realism

Absurdism

If we must go to God,we go to God.If not,we reincarnate.

Yes.

Only empirical truths,not metaphysicals.

>Self pronounced cynic

this just sounds like a bunch of obscurantist nonsensical bullshit that doesn't even answer the questions

like most of the eastern religions..

>Only empirical truths,not metaphysicals.

What about when science talks about the existence of atoms in an external objective reality?

That is why eastern religions are a step ahead of westerner christfags.
Pretending to know anything to a certainty is being blind and stupid.
We can only speculate.
>but muh bible says
Fuck off

I really don't know. I live in a constant spiral of changing my opinion because information that contradicts it constantly crops up. Once I was a Anarcho-Capitalist, then I was Fascist, then I was an Egoist, then I was a libertarian, then I was a conservative, then I was a left-libertarian, now I just don't fucking know anymore. I don't think anyone really has a clue. I just wander about like Socrates in a miasma of doubt arguing with everyone.

>What are your meta-ethical views (moral realism, nihilism, emotivisim, etc)
I don't think they can be reduced to any term.
Biology.
No.
Yes but there are limits to this. In fact the more I read scientific books the more I think so. And philosopher John Gray has influenced my views a lot.

I like what you were trying to do with this thread but I think that these questions would reveal themselves in discussion more honestly. I think many of the ways people describe themselves is false. I hold a view of human nature as being inconsistent and at odds with himself, again inspired by philosopher John Gray but also latest research in psychology.

Existence has been a chicken-egg scenario for a very long time. We exist; we have a brain with a consciousness, therefore it proves that we exist; however, should the brain trust that it exists? The brain cannot exist as its own arbiter; that's stupid. We would have to assume that existence is primary, and perception is secondary: Not that we exist because of the universe around us, but the universe exists around us because of our infallible existence. Like, why was I born on an Island in Canada, to divorced parents, and why did my grandparents die of cancer? Hypothetically, my alternate self's grandparents are still alive, and his parents are together; however, my consciousness had to follow a linear path that included death and divorce. In a way, consciousness is a dimension in itself, a dimension alongside space and time, except it's linear, like the picture shows. A reality where the observer doesn't exist isn't a "reality", pretty much for the same reason that a reality where dinosaurs never went extinct doesn't exist.

Onto my views about morality-

>Pretending to know anything to a certainty is being blind and stupid.

Isn't this just "I know that I don't know anything to a certainty", which is itself a (claimed) certainty.

Easter religions aren't ahead of western religion. Chink religion is basically

>be a little ant insectoid and obey your father and state, don't think just obey and serve

Indian religion is basically

>I am a faggot cry baby loser who hates life so much and wants to die forever but I beleive in reincarnation so I need to devote my life to mind autism because for some reason this will prevent future life in this hell hole god I am so depressed and whiny (and shitty poo bummed)

>I don't think they can be reduced to any term.

Why not?

Eggs existed before chickens.
Chicken-egg scenario is a false paradox, it's resolved.
Just saying.

OP here, I forgot to do my own:

Moral realism, but not because there are moral platonic forms, but because I and I alone am the source of moral facts. Moral statements are made true or not by corresponding to my judgment upon them.

Some sort of idealism I suppose. I think ontological questions are basically too hard for humans, we simply cannot know because it's beyond what we can access. I guess my position would be more along the lines of skepticism then? I don't believe in a mind-independent reality, or atoms or anything like that. I don't believe in anything existing beyond human experience.

I think you are thrust into some sort of existence again, in the same way you were thrust into this one. from nothingness this lifetime came, so when I die and return to nothingness why would it not do the same again? what's to stop it thrusting me into existence again? nothing

I believe so, but I can't prove it. I see the self like an arrow that cannot shoot at itself or an eye that can't see itself. It exists but it's like a blindspot, so it can't really be studied or known about.

I posit it's existence because all of my conscious experience has the phenomenal quality of 'happening to a subject', and I don't really get how that is without there really being a subject to bind all my disparate experiences (5+ senses) into a cohesive singular whole/world

No, science weaves narratives around disparate observations in order to produce, using these narratives, predictions and explanations. you notice correlations of x experience following y experience, and produce predictions from it. scientific unobservables don't actually exist