Mining with free electricity

I will soon have access to free electricity and I'm interested in mining ether.
I currently own a pretty shitty laptop (acer aspire) and I'm planning to buy a gpu for around 200-300$ to mine with, gradually improving my setup with the earnings of it.
Is this feasible?
Do you have any advice?
How long will it take to break even?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FMeED7mPY4k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it will take you at least 6 months to break even with that shitty of a gpu
you would be better off investing that money and trying to get to $1000 or $2000 to set up a reasonable mining op

Thanks, I'll try to get into it when I have more money. With 6 months you mean 24/24 use right?

with a 300 gpu you will be lucky mining 1 dollar of ether a day at the current price.

yes, with a 1060 running 24/7 it would take around 6 months to break even and begin earning.

my suggestion is dont buy gpus meant for gaming, both amd and nvidia are releasing specialized cards for mining.
when those come out, use either those for mining, or invest in an ASIC.

if you buy gpus that are good for gaming, you are paying more for shit that doesnt benefit your mining hash rate.

>or invest in an ASIC
How do you even get one? They always seem to be back ordered

Is there a special hardware which literally turns electricity into cash?

Can you guys post a link of a laptop suitable for mining within 1500usd?
Is it complicated to set the computer to mining?

What would you consider a good rig for 1000-2000? I've got spare 1070's around, but i assuming you mean a different route

so if you happen to get free electricity and have an older pc laying around it wouldnt be good to pop a video card in it and mine anything?

Sorry guys, you are WAY too late to the party, the mining rush is over. ETH difficulty bomb stage 3 has kicked in and the issuance will be reduced in september, you will never break even, Just buy eth, you will thank me

You are bit late to the show I'm afraid. The GPUs prices have doubled and tripled over the course of the past 3 months due this mining craze. I started mining and accumulating RX 4xx/5xx august of last year and would love to buy more but can't allow myself to buy at these insane prices.

pic related is my tiny farm. Not much but still very much profitable :)

Nice.

How much did it all cost? What are you mining?

i wonder how hot that room is

The hardware I accumulated over time. All the GPUs were bought at or slightly above MSRP. Don't feel like adding all the up but 6-7k would be a ball park figure. Currently mining zen cash. But I've mined ETH, ETC, ZEC too over the course of the past year.

I wonder, how do these guys find biz?

It's a shed in my back yard under a nice shaded area and it has plenty of circulation. It usually doesn't get hotter than 40C.

this thread gets posted every now and then
>free electricity
there's no such thing. YOU WILL GO TO JAIL IF CAUGHT

how much do you make? I have access to cheap electricity, i want to set up a small mine too

>40C
the shed or the rig?

would a garage suffice?

according to whattomine.com - about $31 a day at current rates. Keep in mind though there was a time at the beginning of the year when I mined 1 ETH every 20 hours.

Thanks, what was your initial investment? how long did it take to recoop?

youtube.com/watch?v=FMeED7mPY4k

It's 40C in the shed.
I mined out of my garage at first but there wasn't enough air circulation with the door closed and the temps would rise to over 50C. It's fine if you don't have that many GPUs to start with or if you have a window you can keep open in there.

My initial investment was $500 on a couple RX 480s and once I saw the potential in the price rising I started throwing more money at it. I recouped everything pretty much at the time ETH passed $30.

WHWRE DO I BUY THE GRAPHICS CARDS THAT MAKE ETHERS ?? Are they ON AMAZON or what eBay

>Finds free electricity
>Doesn't start selling it to make infinite% profit
I Shiggy Diggy

I'm sure I will, but I doubt I will get caught if I do it.
The fact is that I will be staying at the university I am studying at, paying a very small flat rate.
There are 200 students in this building + shared rooms to cook, study etc. so I don't think it would make any difference if I run a miner or two (correct me if I'm wrong)

free electricity means they live with their parents

>Not setting up a mining rig in your dorm on campus

Im new to this what is/was this mining u speek of ?

How would you sell electricity without getting caught? batteries?

nobody intelligent mines eth at this point

you can profit a lot more with other coins atm

it's pretty easy to find an anomaly in a chart. if someone's running a big ol' 3 fridge setup in their dorm, that's a pretty big anomaly for the average 1 fridge setup.