HAPPY FUCK THE COMMIES DAY

Called one of 18 most important battles in history the Battle of Warsaw was the most decisive event of the Polish-Bolshevik War (Feb.1919 - Oct.1920) which stopped the invading communists from joining the revolutionaries in Germany. They will never be this close from taking the Western Europe again. It was a joint effort by Poles, Ukrainians, Belarusians, Russians (yeah), Hungarians, French, Latvians, Estonians, Americans and at least one Brit.

Regardless of who the war did or didn't save it's a very interesting event (just like all so-called Pygmy Wars after WWI) and sadly unknown in the West because it was such an embarassment for the USSR that naturally they didn't like to talk about it after they already conquered that part of Europe in WWII.
The war was more dynamic than WWI and so Charles de Gaulle who fought there as a volunteer adapted this style later into his career.

Key battles:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Minsk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Daugavpils
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiev_Offensive_(1920)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Warsaw_(1920)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Niemen_River

Key people (aside from Lenin, Stalin and the already mentioned de Gaulle)
pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Józef_Piłsudski
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tadeusz_Jordan-Rozwadowski
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Józef_Haller
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_Foch
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxime_Weygand
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Carton_de_Wiart
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merian_C._Cooper
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symon_Petliura

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacres_of_Poles_in_Volhynia_and_Eastern_Galicia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partitions_of_Poland
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Poland
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_People's_Republic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I mean it's on August 15th.

But you guys got fucked by commies in the end.

Western Europe? No, not really.

Yeah it took the alliance with Nazi Germany and later the support from United States and Great Britain.
And when that happened Stalin could not hope for a European revolution. After WWI Europe was near revolutionary.
Not that he wasn't planning another conquest (interrupted by his death in 1953) but that would be Stalin expanding their empire. In 1920 it was more Marxist international kind of like a cult.

>It was a joint effort by [...] Americans
Holy fuck, looked this up, that's so fucking awesome.

Our airmen fought for one of the most valiant causes in world history. I'm feeling patriotic right now.

>Daugavpils
I feel sorry for Poland getting rejected by Latvia like that :(

And look what propaganda made them do just a few years later

Happy Revolution day( though it's not as celebrated as the Independence day)

First old polish pig Pilsudskiy was fucked in Russia, then young polish was fucked near Warsaw, but only after he send part of his soldiers to Crimea.

Why are Poles so based?

Their nation has only existed for about 100 years now. They have to be so fiercely independent to reaffirm to the world their right to exist.

>Polish-Bolshevik War (Feb.1919 - Oct.1920) which stopped the invading communists from joining the revolutionaries in Germany

Except the war started with a Polish attack on the Soviets who didn't manage to field a counter-offensive until May 1920 and the revolution in Germany was over by mid-1919.

>be Poland
>Russians/Soviets are in the middle of their civil war
>decide to do an opportunistic land-grab and invade the Ukraine
>take over some clay
>get BTFO once the Soviets get their shit together
>get pushed back all the way to your capital and have to mount a desperate defence
>miraculously manage to win and push the Soviets back from your capital
>the Soviets say fuck it and sign a peace treaty giving up a bit of clay so they can focus on finishing their civil war
>brag that you have just saved civilisation from a Communist invasion

BONUS:
>the sliver of territory you gained is full of ethnic minorities who refuse to integrate and ethnically cleanse you 20 years later

tl;dr: Polish delusion

Who are those ethnic minorities

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacres_of_Poles_in_Volhynia_and_Eastern_Galicia

It doesn't matter if we started it. The commies lost and lots of them died, god enough for me

You lost about as many people and there's more commies in general.

>starts shit unprovoked
>invades a country in the middle of civil war
>fails
>gets invaded back
>proceed to cry for next 100 years about evil commies and being saviours of Europe
Poles are some of the most self-aggrandizing, most delusional people on Earth.

>Poles are some of the most self-aggrandizing, most delusional people on Earth.

This.

Poles, Hungarians and other Eastern Europens are all incredibly delusional.

>You lost about as many people
haha, no. We killed 5 times as many red bastards
pic related

>starts shit unprovoked
Even if true, who cares? they deserved it and would have invaded us anyway

>fails
last I remember the Bolsheviks were decisively crushed by Polish army and fled with their tails between their legs

>being saviours of Europe
we DID save Europe, without us Poland and all of Europe would a cultural marxist hellhole

The only delusional people are you commie retards

>Even if true, who cares?

Fucking hell you Poles are retarded on unimanginable scale, then why you bitch about Nazis/Soviets? Who cares if you attack unprovoked? I'd even agree with eternal Anglo Churchill who said Poland is a hyena of Europe.

*gets ruled by commies for half a century*
such victory

Eastern Euro countries and the Balkans are both cancerous and you are just proving my point. False myths about your history, hundreds of years old grievences and the inability to make compromises. Meanwhile the whole region was, is and with this mentality will be a shithole, an actual puffer zone between Western and Russian interests. Naturally, those thick EE brains are unable to see this and will make the same mistakes until they finally removed from the map.

Meanwhile in a more objective source.

>then why you bitch about Nazis/Soviets
Because communist aren't human and fuck germans. They are backstabbing cowards. Poland is a smaller country and we fought to liberate western Ukraine in 1920 from Soviets, whereas the red horde wanted to expand their communist empire in 1939 not for good reasons like Poland

>Churchill
I don't care what a traitorous coward that betrayed Poland thinks

Guess what idiot, Poland is proud capitalist country now. Not commie

You have false myths that communism will ever work. Poland have always been a proud and strong country. We never surrender to communist kurwa trash

You are retard for trusting western sources. More reliable sources show red scum dying twice as much

Freakin' epic.

>More reliable sources show red scum dying twice as much
>Not five times as much
Kurwa mać, what are you? Marxual culturalist?

5 times as many red swine died at Warszawa alone, twice as many in whole war. Polish army fucked them good. Western sources are unreliable and are russian sympathising trash

>Because communist aren't human
Poles deciding who is human is the most funniest shit ever
>"liberates" western Ukraine
>local populace hates you so much it genocides you within first chance
>for good reasons like Poland
lol
I kinda wish Pilsudski had his intermarium wet dream come true, the reality would slap the Poles hard in the face. Then again it already did one way or another
>Churchill
>betrayed Poland
Churchill wasn't even PM when Poland was invaded.
>Poland have always been a proud and strong country
And got its shit kicked in return for being too proud and "strong"
>You are retard for trusting western sources
Ah yes, the famed objectivity and trustworthyness of Polish sources.

Stop pretending to be a Pole, you damn Moskal, in Warszawa it was at least ten times

Lot of tankies crawling out of woodwork itt

>Poles deciding who is human is the most funniest shit ever
We can. Poland doesn't stab smaller countries in the back for imperialist gains we are no russian or german kurwa

>local populace hates you so much it genocides you within first chance
Not our fault that Ukrainians are neo-nazi and backstabber scum

>Churchill wasn't even PM when Poland was invaded
He sat on his ass for months because he we a german-lover traitor

>And got its shit kicked in return for being too proud and "strong"
We didn't. We beat enemies of us all the time, like at Warszawa, Grunwaldem and Wiedeń. Our resistance was biggest in Europe after Defensive war of 1939

>Ah yes, the famed objectivity and trustworthyness of Polish sources.
We are reliable, are we don't have marxist agenda. Only truths

>Stop pretending to be a Pole
Fuck you, I was born and raised in Łódź

ITT

JUST

>Fuck you, I was born and raised in Łódź
If I was born in stables it wouldn't make me a horse.

Yes I was counting on some butthurt commie to show up.
The war started on February 14th 1919. You don'y get to ignore first months of campaign and only start with the preemptive Kiyev offensive in April 1920. But then again you probably think USSR joined WWII in 1941 as well.

In 1918 like 20 different nationalities announced independence and only few managed to protect it.Obviously it meant conflict of everyone against everyone because of the way the demographic map looked but there was something different about Bolshevik invasion on countries like Finland, Estonia or Poland. Lenin himself said clearly what he wanted to achieve. Internaional revolution. Bolshevik anti-culture was then stopped by free people of many different nationalities.

One controversial thing about the war is the Treaty of Riga from 1921 because it gave Soviets some land already controlled by the Polish Poles who stayed on the other side of the border will be then murdered during the Polish Operation of the NKVD in 1937-38 (over 200 thousand killed).

And then he made King Kong.
How based can one man be?

>Poland doesn't stab smaller countries in the back for imperialist gains
You did, when the Nazis occupied the rest of Czechoslovakia you were happy to take your part.

>We didn't. We beat enemies of us all the time
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partitions_of_Poland
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Poland
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_People's_Republic

Not hating on Poles, but you sure are one revisionist snowflake.

I never feel bad about Zaolzie in 1939. When Poland was fighting the Bolsheviks Czech colonel killed a bunch of civilians and prisoners and captured that speck of land. It was full of Poles so obviously if the whole country was going down it was a wise decision to protect them and give them a chance to escape.
I don't know so perhaps someone without an agenda could tell me if there was some kind of agreement between Polish-Czech governments about it.

>Their nation has only existed for about 100 years now

he probably meant nation state, in which case the statement is true for recent times (past ~200 years).

War was won by Poland due to activity of Polish patriot Felix Dzerzhinsky. He killed most of railway workers of Soviet parts of Belarus and Ukraine by raids of forming Soviet secrete police. This caused decisive transport problems of Soviet army.

The Polish spirit BURNS with fire of a THOUSAND SUNS. They will NEVER bow down to foreign invaders, be they disgusting pigdog FASCISTS or treasonous, two-faced COMMUNISTS. The Polish NATION is a proud and dignified one, and ALL the world marvels at the VALOR of Polish arms in victory and the DEFIANCE of the Polish people even in the face of defeat and occupation. NIECH ŻYJE POLSKA!

Should have supported the Whites when they had momentum. Then again, Poland cant help but trip over herself.

I don't know which White factions supported Polish independence. Some prominent leaders didn't want to even talk to the Polish government and you know that western powers especially Great Britain would love to cooperate with Russia (a country they knew well) to take over Polish territory.

>They will NEVER bow down to foreign invaders

>Austria
>Prussia
>Russia
>Third Reich
>Soviet Union
>United States
>European Union

lmao

And yet here they are, free as ever. Kurwa

a 3rd world cuntry full of religious hardliners and racists

poland is a joke and deserves another visit by germans or russians

Better than being a country full of leftists

>there is no healthy middleground either hitler or transgender sarkeesian

I wish I could view the world as black and white and naive and simple as you do.

Ignorance is bliss enjoy it.

There is no middle ground unless you area fence-sitting coward