What is the name of the painting on top ?

What is the name of the painting on top ?

Sorry if its wrong board to ask

Try "Ryse art"

Ryse did actually have some good artwork in it.

This image is dumb.

t. weak man

Listen you idiots. Rome fell because of massive economic problems from the Crisis of the Third Century, diseases, military defeats and being a logistical nightmare to effectively run. It did not fall because they "Grew Soft" they were fighting just as hard at their end as they were at their beginning. It did not fall because they had "cultural exhaustion" or "moral decline" unless you want to count a growing disparity of wealth as such. The Romans partied harder during their rise than they ever did during their decline.

>you have to believe in X or you are Y

stirnerfags are the absolute worst

I thought the quote was from Cyrus the Great saying "soft lands breed soft men"?

Literally who cares what you think. It applies to the modern world if anything

Thomas Cole 'The Course of Empire'
And no, none of these paintings depict any part of Rome

This image is truth. It applies to modern world, especially first world, perfectly. And it exposes and spoils libercuck's degenerate agenda.

>none of these paintings depict any part of Rome
Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

t. Alex Jones cuck

Do you feel like a strong man or a weak man?
Do you feel these are good times or bad times?
Do fatalistic phrasemes make the world more easy to understand to you?

>It did not fall because they had "cultural exhaustion" or "moral decline"
It's not the only reason but it's one of the factors.

>The Romans partied harder during their rise than they ever did during their decline.
Which was one of the reasons they're exhausted, corrupted and declined in the end, then Christianity came to save their rotting society and prolonged the empire's life for another thousand year. "Causality", not very hard to comprehend.

I know I'm not a fluid genders libercuck such as (you).

Only thing that's fluid here is your way of argumentation.

Why are you afraid to answer three simple questions?

You sound like butthurt libercuck who might bring us weak man, bad times and sexual degeneration.

What questions?? I only see libercuck's fluid rant.
And I have no obligation to answer such horseshit and (you).

Woud you argue with a child? Don't bother.

After buying into this stuff for a while I went and looked it up and I found out that in the fifth century Romans were regarded as being extremely chaste, stoic, martial and pious, and reforms in the legal system reflected that.

So where did the "Rome fell because of degeneracy/sexual immorality/weakness" thing come from?

I'm honestly interested what's going on in their minds (and if they continue to humiliate themselves, then at least more lurkers won't fall for these memes).

This kind of thing is very strong in dynasties.

Pretty much every Chinese dynasty was more or less like this. Hard men create and sustain dynasty, dynasty leads to prosperity, eventually you have some hedonistic Emperors that spend too much time with their harems and let the eunuchs and others rule, decline of the dynasty, a hard men goes to war and gets power, etc

This also happened with the Merovingians, iirc

I don't know much about how Rome was in the 5th century, but in the 5th century, there was nothing they could do.

The Roman empire is a easy tool to invoke in metaphor, most people know that "Many things led to the death of this great empire", but most don't actually know what things, so politicians can spin the political boogey man of the day (lust, lack of nationalism, immigration, decentralization, centralization, homosexuality, etc) into a reason rome fell, Christianity has a tradition of being pretty chaste, and that attitude dominated until rather recently, so a lack of Chastity and christian values is cited as a reason Rome fell.

Lately, the left is trying to blame it on inequality and the right on immigration.

>Christianity has a tradition of being pretty chaste, and that attitude dominated until rather recently, so a lack of Chastity and christian values is cited as a reason Rome fell.

I won't go as far as saying that lack of chastity leads to the end of civilization, but the Sexual Revolution had terrible consequences for people.

>more lurkers won't fall for these memes
Except it's not meme.

>So where did the "Rome fell because of degeneracy/sexual immorality/weakness" thing come from?
Edward Gibbon and later on German romantics pushing the meme of stronk, pure German warriors purging decadent Roman civilization.

This place is build by manchild and always full of manchildren, you're one of them ,too.Sorry to break your fluid bubbles.

>in the fifth century Romans were regarded as being extremely chaste, stoic, martial and pious, and reforms in the legal system reflected that.
And why do you think they did that? Just for "muh meme"?

>history is linea-

Edward Gibbon also criticized "Christianity meme" quite hard, but I don't see too many libercucks have problem with that.

They literally don't. They're generic scenes of antiquity.

So you just looked up the guy on wiki and wrote the first thing you saw?

Good boy! But how's that relevant?

Gibbon

>but in the 5th century, there was nothing they could do.
Um try again sweetie

Africa is full of strong men.

Rome fell because it kept getting embroiled in huge internal power struggles instead of periodically raping its neighbors for wealth.

Gb2 reddit with that shit.

That meme is just a shitty paraphrase of the very last paragraph or two of herodotus.

>libercuck's degenerate agenda.
meanwhile herr hitler le strongman destroys europe

>"cultural exhaustion" or "moral decline" unless you want to count a growing disparity of wealth as such
The latter results in the former

>Do you feel like a strong man or a weak man?
Weak aspiring to be strong

>Do you feel these are good times or bad times?
We're at the border between good times and bad times
Present time is much shittier than 30 years ago, but much better off than it'll be 30 years from now

So, did Rome fight to the end then? I thought they just sort of disintegrated in the 5th century

Didn't Herodotus say that?

>So, did Rome fight to the end then?
Basically, yeah.

"Disintegrated" is an exaggeration but there was definitely a breakdown in the social and military order. Large parts of the empire just didn't exist anymore as administered regions.

The army itself was still pretty inarguably the best in Europe. I suppose you could say that Majorian was the last outstanding Western Roman military leader, reconquering most of the western Empire with what must have been quite a meager force numerically.