Fear of spiders

Not really history related but more on the side of psychology.
Ive had the sudden realization that the fear of spiders at least in the west was almost not existant (or at least not recorded) compared to the start of the 20th century,even more noticable in the mids of said such.
Lets discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/science/fear-of-spiders-became-part-of-our-dna-during-evolution-say-scientists-10156573.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Isn't feat of bugs and creepy crawlies just a evolutionary thing? Shouldn't you be asking Veeky Forums about this sort of stuff?

Yes it clearly is.
But it was never recorded even in west mythology or religion to fear spiders.
Rats,roaches,Locust,fleas...you name it but never spiders.
Its clearly evolutionary,so thats the question.
If its clear the fear for spiders in general and as you say it makes sense,why did it just started to pop up in the west in the early and mid 20th century?

I miss threads like this on Veeky Forums

SPIDERS ARE MARTIAL INSECTS; FEAR OF THE MARTIAL IS DIRECTLY CORRELATED WITH RACIAL, AND SOCIOCULTURAL, DEGENERATION; MOST INDIVIDUALS NOW ARE RACIALLY SUBOPTIMAL, AND MOST CURRENT SOCIETIES ARE DEGENERATE, THUS, ARACHNOPHOBIA IS PREVALENT, AND WIDESPREAD.

ARACHNOPHOBIA IS DIRECTLY CORRELATED WITH AVERSION TOWARD THE SWASTIKA.

Spiders are trappers and hunters for God's sake. If you had said something like ants or bees, I could understand, but you're just spoiting nonsense like usual. And turn off your Caps lock once in a while

>tfw humans have killed off an absurdly huge amount of animals in the last few hundred years
Fear of animals interest me. It's fairly obvious that a majority of people are intrinsically intimated by the most prominent killers of humans in history (large canines, felines, perhaps others). Things that really interest me are the lesser developed fears. Why is a man afraid of something that lives in the deep sea? Is it because we are simply so unfamiliar? What exactly do you envision when you hear the word "monster"? Is it always a mammal? What is the thing in your subconscious nightmares? Describe it to me.

Well Spiders are alien death reapers, and the Swastika is the symbol of autistic totalitarian shitheads, so I guess it's in my best interest to avoid both.

Wouldn't doubt it sprouting up with the movie industry.

good theory

I have noticed one thing. I'm usually very afraid of spiders but I noticed that when I encounter spiders outside it doesn't faze me. Only when I encounter them inside my house .

Maybe that has something to do with it. I've had spiders crawl up on me in the forest and shit and I just brushed them off but If I found a spider on me while sitting in my room I would probably have a heart attack.

ANIMALS ARE CLOSER TO NATURE THAN HUMANS ARE, THEREFORE, THEY ARE MORE SPECIALIZED BEINGS, AND AS SUCH, THEIR NOBILITY MANIFESTS DIFFERENTLY THAN IN HUMANS, ACCORDING TO THEIR SPECIATION; SPIDERS ARE DEPURERS; THEY ELIMINATE PARASITIC INSECTS; SPIDERS ARE ONE OF THE NOBLE INSECT ORDERS.

It's probably because you're at ease at homeā€”in an environment you expect to be very consistent so any sudden change is startling. You also have to deal with the spider because you live and sleep there.

> What exactly do you envision when you hear the word "monster"?
Some fucking monstrocity from the deep sea like the viperfish or pelican eel

I'm a fucking huge arachnophobe. I know it's only a matter of time before some asshole posts some pics of some scary looking ones so I'm gonna be leaving this board for a while until this thread dies hopefully.

The swastika is a Turanic symbol. It represents lightning and the sun of the sky god great Tengri, this religion passed to the Romuva then to the Aryan Norse who were grateful to the superior Slavs and Turanians for enlightening them.

YOU ARE EITHER AN OVERLY IGNORANT AND CONFUSED PERSON, OR A PERVERSE PERSON POSTING FALSITY.

THE SWASTIKA IS AN ARYAN SYMBOL.

INCIDENTALLY, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS THE SOURCE OF THE PUNGENT SMELL PRODUCED BY SOME SPECIES OF SPIDERS?

IF YOU HAVE SMELLED IT, YOU WILL KNOW TO WHAT SMELL I AM REFERING.

It's a reaction to the jews and feminism. As a Western Christian you are basically eaten alive by your wife at home (not literally of course) and you are stuck in the web of jewish corporates at work. Therfore your subconscious develops this seemingly irrational phobia.

>insects
Also, what does your tripcode have to do with your post? Why is it important that you can be identified on an anonymous website? And stop typing all caps you autist. When will you learn?

I assure you, the lightning god is a common theme amongst, norse, romuva and even hellenic religion, all stemming from the proto-indo-european turano-tengri religion. You are posting Turanic symbols, not Aryan symbols.

I thank you for your devotion to Turanic heritage.

Why does every semi-interesting thread I find get ruined by this tripfag

I was never really afraid of spiders until I got bit by a tiny poisonous one on my finger, felt like a nettle sting but for 24 hours.
I didnt even know we had poisonous ones here, they are spreading due to global warming.

I know its not a big deal but that was a shock, and after I shook the aggressive little bastard off my finger he landed on the floor and came after me again so I had to stamp him.

It's a meme.

Anyone tells you they're scared of spiders you immediately know they're a pleb.

>Spiders presented such a great danger to humans during the early evolutionary stages that a fear of the species became part of our DNA.

independent.co.uk/news/science/fear-of-spiders-became-part-of-our-dna-during-evolution-say-scientists-10156573.html

I think it is more that weakness towards this pests is tolerated, much like we tolerate childish behavior in adults.

>What exactly do you envision when you hear the word "monster"?
Some big animal that walks in two legs has a big mouth, really sharp teehs, hairy and with horns.
>Is it always a mammal?
Most of times

Yeah it's that
I saved many spiders live when I worked outside, but I show them no mercy in my house
One simply cannot tolerate small things that can crawl under his clothes or enter his orifices while he sleeps

That being said, I usually tolerate Daddy long legs (too big to enter you and usually stay in place on the ceiling anyway)

I've reached to the point where I appreciate spiders in my house since they act as a natural biological defence.
Normally I leave the window open and some faggot fly just chimes in and annoys the fuck out of me. That or when I'm using the phone in bed and some fag fly just rushes right to my nostril or ear for no reason. I now just leave spiders chill since they kill those things for me. A symbiotic relationship if you will

These things literally hunt spiders thrice their size and tactically engage them:
>Observe their surroundings to find the ideal leaping spot
>Bait out the spider by twinging the web to make it think it's caught a prey, then leap on it

Nobody is afraid of anything except death. People aren't afraid of spiders; they're afraid a venomous spider is going to kill them and they're going to die. Same with all other fears.

Interesting part of north american mythology.

>and came after me again
Bullshit.

Wasn't that disproven?

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you fucking retarded?

I think beyond the fact that it's spiders, there's also other elements of them that come into play such as quick, erratic movements and subtly climbing onto you without you noticing, more jumpscare-esque elements than phobia. Same reason I hate most bugs, they just sorta appear and I get surprised because I'm distracted, sensory overload at its finest.