Name one thing he did wrong

Name one thing he did wrong.

Protip: You can't

growing that silly mustache

Not being able to came to power without a CIA backed coup.
Ruining his country economically.
Killing of his loyal officers because they turned out to be ''''communist'''' after they've been thrown out of the helicopters.
Not a lot of loyalty for a hired gun.

Not killing even more communists

How do you feel about tankies?

Qt af.

Murdering innocent people is wrong. Seizing power to enrich a foreign ruling elite is wrong. Suppressing democratic organizing and free speech is wrong.

All Pinochet did successfully was cut down on inflation and stabilize the economy, at the expense of democracy and the material well-being of the vast majority of Chileans.

He gavw up power too early and killed too few commies.

Being a liberal CIA/Kissinger puppet

Who wasn't back then?

THINKING THOSE SUNGLASSES GO WITH THAT OUTFIT HAHAHAHA LIKE WTF ARE THOOOOOSE
He doesn't even look confident wearing them. He looks like he is thinking "I feel like I'm pulling off this look, but no one has mentioned my glasses which is concerning."
Pinochet is painfully not effay and trying so hard makes him look desperate and pathetic.

tl;dr I wouldn't let him sit next to me at lunch

>left-wing in latin america is nationalist
>right-wing in latin america is backed by foreign globalist elites

Why is this?

This. The right wing in my country are a bunch of american bootlickers and you can't be a nationalist without being considered El Che incarnated.

Good people with a conscience, interested in helping their countries

Because Latin America is an imperialized region

Because there is no actual "right-wing" in Latin America. These globalist shills are the same liberals as in the U.S. or Europe.

Whoring his countries to international mining companies, which is what his predecessor tried to do.

And what he said

>muh not real right wing

That's just as retarded as NOT REAL COMMUNISM

Restored Democracy

Fuck I hate those GIFs so much.

They're always from some shitty chick flick and they're too short for the actors lips to say the whole sentence. They don't loop well at all and they might as well just be fucking screen captures. They would probably be smaller and much higher quality.

>tiny grainy short pointless gif of an actor talking with subtitle
oh man oh man i am right there with you, mindblowing how fucking incompetent people are to make these fundamentally bad gifs it's deeply disturbing on an irrational level

That's how it is everywhere in the third world. You can't really be a nationalist AND an unabashed capitalist when your people are dirt poor and most of your economy is controlled by Western corporations.

Being a jewmerican puppet
Being a mongrel
Eliminating bidets from Chile

> mean girls
> shitty chick flick
> gets annoyed by shitty gifs

Virgin born in the millennium detected

He provided final proof that libertarians will always destroy the economy

Mongrel?

A must have for every dictator!

>Ruining his country economically.
Then why is Chile the richest country in South America?

Cause he is not in charge anymore.

CIA fuck dog

>rejected a competitive devaluation
wouldn't a libertarian support a floating exchange rate?

The right-wing on the wrong country can make all the differance.

What do you mean, I go to my aunt's house she got from an old hag, and the bathroom does have a bidet; as an aside the bathroom fills more space than my living and dinning room.

Why does /pol/ love this guy but hate Hillary Clinton when they had the exact same political views?

the contributed carbon dioxide to the air

Better question is why so many lolbergtardians love Pinochet and Trump while they hate Hillary

Because 90% of millennial right wing politics are about making other people angry

chile has 1/3 of the worlds copper

What makes democracy so good.

When your politicians fuck up you can kick them out

>One torture method which was very commonly used was the "grill" or "La Parrilla." In this torture, electricity was fed from a standard wall outlet through a control box into two wires each terminating in electrodes. The control box gave the torturers the option of adjusting the voltage being administered to the prisoner. The naked prisoner was stretched out and strapped onto a metal bedframe, or a set of bedsprings, and tied down. He or she was subjected to electrical shocks on several parts of the body, especially on sensitive areas like the genitals and on open wounds. The Valech Report includes a testimony of a Chilean man who was interrogated by prison captors. They took off his clothes and "attached electrodes to his chest and testicles. They put something in his mouth so he would "bite his tongue while they shocked him."[33] In another method, one of the wires would be fixed to the prisoner (typically to the victim's genitalia) while another wire could be applied to other parts of the body. This caused an electric current to pass through the victim's body, with a strength inversely proportional to the distance between the two electrodes. A smaller distance between the electrodes led to a stronger current and thus more intense pain for the prisoner. A particularly barbaric version of the "grill" was the use of a metal bunk bed; the victim was placed on the bottom bunk and on the top bunk, a relative or friend was simultaneously tortured.

>Most prisoners suffered from severe beatings, and broken or even amputated limbs. At Villa Grimaldi, DINA forced non-compliant prisoners lie down on the ground. The captors ran over their legs with a large vehicle, and crushed the prisoners' bones.[34] The assailants also beat prisoners in the ear until they became deaf, and entirely unconscious; this torture method was called the "telephone."[35] Most of the acts of punishment were intended to severely humiliate the prisoners. At the Pisagua Concentration Camp, captors intimidated prisoners by forcing them to crawl on the ground and lick the dirt off the floors. If the prisoners complained or even collapsed from exhaustion, they were promptly executed.[36] Prisoners were also immersed into vats of excrement, and were occasionally forced to ingest it.[37][38]

>Pinochet's regime carried out many gruesome and horrific acts of sexual abuse against the victims. In fact, several detention sites were solely instituted for the purpose of sexually tormenting and humiliating the prisoners. Discothèque (La Venda Sexy) was another one of DINA's main secret detention centers. Many of those who "disappeared" were initially held in this prison. The prison guards often raped both men and women. It was at this prison where internal repression operations were centralized. Militants anally raped male prisoners, while insulting them, in an attempt to embarrass them to their core.[39]
>Women were the primary targets of gruesome acts of sexual abuse. According to the Valech Commission, almost every single female prisoner was a victim of repeated rape. Not only would military men rape women, they would also use foreign objects and even animals to inflict more pain and suffering. Women (and occasionally men) reported that spiders and live rats were often implanted on their genitals. One woman testified that she had been "raped and sexually assaulted with trained dogs and with live rats." She was forced to have sex with her father and brother—who were also detained.[40]

>The military junta often framed leftist individuals and groups, in order to justify its agenda to target and torture political dissidents. The Junta fostered fear of leftists by staging arsenal captures and portraying leftist extremists in an extremely negative light. The regime falsely accused leftists of stealing dangerous weapons from weapons stores in order to justify the illegal capture of dissidents. Such fake portrayals of "the revolutionary threat" resulted in the legitimization of the Pinochet regime. The Junta commissioned the Chilean public to report the actions of any suspected leftists, and proceed to turn them in. General Pinochet also authorized for DINA to stage the bombing of a Chilean safe house. The blame was placed on the leftist extremists, in order to demonstrate the danger they posed to society. Essentially, the military junta made use of brainwashing propaganda to portray the leftists as the enemies.[41]
>Psychological torture was used to destroy a prisoner's will, dignity, moral and physical revolve in order to extract pertinent information from the victim. Members of intelligence agencies like DINA and the Joint Command attempted to extract information from victims by threatening their children, and loved ones. Many mothers who were incarcerated in illegal detention centers had to choose between saving themselves or their children's lives. On August 21, 1989, military personnel seized Jessica Antonia Liberona Ninoles and detained her in a dark, solitary room. She was stripped naked, forced to lie down on an uncomfortable prison cot and was not permitted to sleep for five days during the interrogation period. The captors constantly threatened to kidnap her nine-year-old daughter from school, if she failed to cooperate.[42]

>According to the Valech Commission, waterboarding was one of the torture methods most commonly recorded by victims of imprisonment and torture. The captors poured water over a cloth that covered the victims’ faces and breathing passages, causing individuals to experience a drowning sensation, and a near-death experience. Waterboarding caused detainees to asphyxiate, while their heads were submerged into water several times in a row. Oftentimes, prisoners were hung upside-down with ropes, and they were dropped into a tank of water, headfirst. The water was contaminated and filled with debris. Waterboarding was employed to cause both physical and psychological pain; however, victims found that the mental suffering they endured was far worse than the physical pain. They attested that even thirty years after being "waterboarded," they still suffered from the devastating effects of psychological torture. Many victims reported suffering from post traumatic stress disorder, humiliation, worthlessness, shame, anxiety and hopelessness.[43] The Valech Commission Report describes the testimony of a man who experienced waterboarding in September 1973:
>They put cotton on both eyes, then taped them and tightened a hood around my neck. They tied my hands and legs, submerged me in a 250-liter tank that had ammonia, urine, excrement, and seawater. They submerged me until I could not breathe anymore. They repeated it over and over, while beating me and asking me questions. That is what they called the submarine."[43]

Not if 51% of people think they didn't fuck up

Because of "le funny heligopter memes xddddddddddd"

commies btfo

No doubt about it.

>assailants also beat prisoners in the ear until they became deaf, and entirely unconscious; this torture method was called the "telephone.
God damn that's horrible but funny.

Hired an honest to god Nazi Pedophile Cult to torture and disappear some dudes.

Didn't fulfill his countries economic potential