Why wasn't the USSR too big to fail?

Why wasn't the USSR too big to fail?

Where'd it go then?

It was. The balance of power is now out of whack.

it was, the fall of the USSR is actually more a case of suicide than failing.

communism

Its more of a suicide to prevent further suffering from the terminal illness you've been having for the past 70 years.

Because commies fucked everything up.

So much historical illetiracy

I have a question, the USSR had famine, China had famine but the communist Vietnam actually didn't have famine. From google I see that they suffered famine in 1945 which wasn't the fault of the party so why didn't Vietnam have famine under the rule of the communism party?

USSR, Maoist China and Zimbabwe all had famines because of the retarded dictators but Vietnam managed to not have the same kind of crazy authoritarian.

McCarthyist lies

Can't starve if you're already dead from napalm

North Vietnam was one of the few communist nations (aside from Yugoslavia) to have a government which wasn't completely pants on head retarded

>North Vietnam was one of the few communist nations (aside from Yugoslavia) to have a government which wasn't completely pants on head retarded
They were actually heading to extreme poverty-road until they followed China's lead into the "State Capitalism" meme.

Only one empire is too big to fail.

Pepsi is better desu

>illetiracy

it's generally easier to avoid famines when you can grow crops all year long (also see Cuba)

>see Cuba
>don't have Coca Cola

Those greedy capitalist, I swear.

North Korea does have Coca-cola, tho.

They took a proactive approach: collectivization was something one did on the grounds that doing so gain access to government resources, including industrial equipment and insurance for periods of poor yields, and when quotas were not met blame was not put on the peasants and agricultural labourers but squarely on the government for not putting enough resources at their disposal.