Was their 1701-1914 foreign policy the smartest in human history?

Was their 1701-1914 foreign policy the smartest in human history?

Yes getting BTFO non-stop for centuries and losing all prestige was very clever.

Yes

1. Join the most numerous side
2. Watch allies fight
3. Take credit for victory

Worked in the War of Spanish Succession, Napoleonic Wars, Crimean War, WW1 and WW2

When did they get btfo in this time period, other than arguably the American War of Independence?

It waxed and waned. They fucked up by not giving the colonies representation (even just a meme American parliament would do) and by not realizing the advantages of an alliance with France earlier.

British foreign policy as focused on making sure the most powerful continental state didn't pose a threat to their security. For most of history that was France, but after 1870 it was Germany.

There was some potential to prevent the unification of Germany, then their biggest problem would remain the relatively smaller France.

It went to shit by the end of the 19th century when they started signing alliances with France and Russia. Actually, it went to shit when they guaranteed Belgian independence. Splendid isolation worked well.

War of Austrian Succession, Pontiac's Rebellion, Anglo-Mysore War, Anglo-Maratha War (I'll do you a favor here and bypass multiple British losses) War of the Third Coalition, War of the Fourth Coalition, British Invasion of Rio de la Plata, Anglo Turkish war

Anglo-Russian War, War of the Fith Coalition, Pubjab War, War of 1812, First Ashanti War, First Carlist War, First Anglo-Afghan War

You forgot the worst of all: the First Boer War

>Watch allies fight
>Crimean War

You tell 'em that Roger

And of course the Boer War. I'd appreciate you refuting the Brits getting BTFO in each of these wars.

Aww that was going to be my show stopper :^)

>Actually, it went to shit when they guaranteed Belgian independence
This, there was absolutely no reason for the British to enter World War I otherwise.

Fact: Despite all these defeats, 1830-1914 (the period during which they conquered a huge empire of dust by mowing down shitskins with machine guns) is still the most "glorious" period of British military history

Cool story bro. Bit not the question you asked. In the period 1701-1914 Britian suffered loss after loss to mostly inferior nations before eventually being battered senseless by colonial farmers and losing every inch of clay she once claimed.

oh lawd that pic is great

No
Germany's was

>Britain
>suffering any defeats during 1830-1914

They're literally losted there

>War of 1812
>1830-1914

>First Ashanti War
>First Anglo-Afghan War
>First Boer War

>First Ashanti War