Tibetan Buddhism: the Religion of the Future

I think Tibetan Buddhism will be the religion of the future.

No other tradition will be able to perform this role. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

pewforum.org/2015/04/02/buddhists/
web.archive.org/web/20090220112224/http://www.acmuller.net/jeong-gihwa/bulssijapbyeon.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What makes you think this?

Because people will seek detachment from a world that will no longer make sense to them.

Some find that Buddhism does not clarify anything, however. That may be why it has not taken hold on a large scale.

>Tibetan Buddhism will be the religion of the future
>not pantheistic transhumanism

>religion
>future

lol

Buddhism is for the weak
Taoism an stoicism us the way to go

Kali Yuga Primetime

Lol no

More like "the backward of future"

Tibetan Buddhism is just Vajrayana mixes with local Tibetan folk religion which contains lots of superstitious and shamanism craps. They used to use human bones to make their talisman(now it's banned), they drink and eat "FAECES" from their beloved "Tulku"("reincarnated buddha" such as Dala and Banqen) because they believe it's "blessed", some of them still do this even today.

Many Westerners quite obsess with anything about Tibet since it's all so "mysterious" to them, and they can show their imaginary moral high ground and superiority by criticizing China's Tibetan policy. But reality is usually not what you imagine.

Dzogchen and Zen, actually

-t Chang

Not him but the shit thing is real. There used to be pills made with shit of the Dalai Lama and other tulkus that by the means of alchemy were "transformed" into medicine. The author of Guide to Dakini Land (who is a lama himself) mentions it on the book.

No idea if the practice still exists.

>Not him
>Clearly has the same writing pattern
Sure, ok.

Whatever helps you to sleep, buddy

Considering the mental derangement that western zealots have, I doubt it. No need to mention the countless superstitions it already has (ie: if somebody shows this dakini's picture without permission, he/she will go to hell for aeons).

Now, an adaptation of practices and philosophy to create a true, non hippie western buddhism, yes, it can work as buddhism is pretty compatible.

This

> monks
> nuns
> convents
> rosaries
> hymns
> relics
> Lama (sort of pope if you ask me)

why is tibetan buddhism so catholic?

Why do you insist on corrupting the wisdom of Gotama Buddha with your eclectic fanfiction? The only legit source for Buddhism is the Tipitaka. You seem like that guy on /x/ who shills the Tibetan book of the dead without having read any of the original Buddhist suttas. Vajrayana is just mysticism and Mahayana obfuscation with native Bon pagan elements.

I think so, not Advaita Vedanta though I like it better

Buddhism has been getting so popular I'm seeing it everywhere...

René pls

Buddhism is the fastest dying major religion
pewforum.org/2015/04/02/buddhists/

>Tibetan
Heaven forbid. Here's hoping for Theravada master race.

That user really is not me, you paranoid cuck.

I used to travel to Tibet, the local guide, who is local Tibetant btw, personally told me that some Tibetants still do that, so he warned us do NOT buy any Tibetant traditional medicines from street vendors since we or he can never sure about what "ingredients" they might have.

>religion
>future
By 2100, nobody (that isn't brown) will care about organized religion. The last 3 generations finished off mass religiosity and it's never coming back, if the trend continues.

I think honestly all religions will be disbanded and new one will get written up with only legit parts of every religion.

Hope you don't mind me giving more of my opinions here since you replied

The religion of the future is Mithra

we're going back into poly-cultism
just look to hero-worship of celebrities and political figures
(and political ideologies as organized religions with dogma, prophets, proselytizing, and moral grandstanding)
or the mass worship of fucking dogs

>religion
>future

Buddhism is to China as Abrahamism is to Europe. Pure decline. A terrible infection.

There is no future in anything from Tibet.

Justice

nice pop shallow and biased understanding of buddhism

web.archive.org/web/20090220112224/http://www.acmuller.net/jeong-gihwa/bulssijapbyeon.html