You underestimate my power

*high grounds your high ground*
psshhh.. nothing personnel... gaul...

but caesar wins

So does Darth Vader eventually

*strips you naked*
What now barbarian

is the battle of Alyssia the single maddest battle of the ancient world
Caesar both sieging and getting besieged having to defend his position from 720 degrees and actually winning it's fucking mad

why couldn't paulus do the same

Because he was beta.

>not putting an entire people to the sword and actively trying to wipe out their culture
>anything but alpha

*burns your alesia*

Why do French love to surrender so much?

Quinctilius Varus made a point of seeing us off personally; calling us the bravest soldiers he had ever met. It's a good thing we were wearing helmets, because none of us could bear to look him in the eye.

Kek.

>butthurt frenchfag painter tries to make vercingetorix look badass and caesar look like a weak bitch
>when the content of the painting is torix surrendering to caesar after getting absolutely btfo despite having a larger force and surrounding ceasar from literally every direction including the inside of his army

What's the context of this?

Because they fight a lot and since a very long time.
Also this painting is always fun to watch
>not using the horse to run away

where would he run too? back in the besieged city?

youtube.com/watch?v=SU1Ej9Yqt68

I like the image of Caesar looping around the battlements trying to give out orders to groups of units.

Muh legions, Varus..Where dey at?

obligatory

the worst think any Emperor ever did was when Tiberius killed Germanicus.

Stop lying, a*glo, he didn't try to make him look strong.

Pretty sure Ceaser just didn't like getting fucked by long haired blondes, and killing them all was the best way to do that. Who cares about culture.

he looks like a Classical martyr, which is what was intended. Brave in the face of certain death.

I'm confident that if it were ever made Sup Consul would be the greatest video game of all time.