RULES OF NATURE

RULES OF NATURE

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Kingdom_of_Cilicia
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

And you could have it all...

Wait, why is the kingdom of Armenia down on the south side of Asia Minor?

It was sort of a "kingdom in exile", armenians fled there from the turks

Lel implying horse niggers got shot on a knight in full plate

>13th century full plate western knight
>13th century Bulgars being horseniggers

Bulgars were more Byzantines than the Byzantines at this point.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Kingdom_of_Cilicia
Kingdom of Armenia is not the right name for it imo

t. Byzantiboo Komnenus

Bulgarians were Bulgarians. Similar to Byzantines in culture but a separate people all together

>ITT: Byzaboos get BTFO

byzantines had it coming

What was his endgame?

AND WE RUN WHEN THE SUN COMES UP

He risked a seeing the business end of an executioners sword if the nobles who were promised plunder returned home empty handed. So he gave them plunder

Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia.

Fun facts:
They were a Frankaboo crusader state. Not established by crusaders, they just were crazy about crusading. Even the pope had to tell them to tone it down. They didn't stop calling for a 10th crusade and more until the 15th century.
They basically started the 3rd crusade (the best one). When Richard I the Lionheart met the Cilician king (he was titled Lord of the Mountain before establishing a kingdom after the crusade) Levon I the Great they became bffs and went on a bunch of sieges together. Likewise, they spent most of their life crusading. Levon was also Richard's best man at his wedding.
Cilicia was well loved for being a prosperous kingdom that showered crusaders with gifts and constantly supplied them throughout all the crusades.

Later on when the kingdom was failing, they tried to Christianize and ally with the mongols to go on their own crusade, but the mongols betrayed them. To this day, Armenian Cilicians have dozens of insults involving the word "mongol".

They were associated with the French Templars and Hospitallers. When they joined the call for a 9th crusade, only the Hospitallers and Edward I responded.
They were eventually part of the Lusignan dynasty, and the current heir to the Armenian throne is among a few Lusignan descendants.

wtf I love Armenia now

Bulgar medieval battles are pretty interesting. Their signature was baits, ambushes and false retreats.

For example in that battle Kalojan used cuman cavalry to bait the knights into encirclement and then absolutely BTFO them

Bulgarian historian here. What Tzar Kaloyan did was even more impressive actually. The battle took place over several days in which he carefully orchestrated skirmishes to create the impression of a disorganized force, and fortified his position in the meantime. Preparing for the main battle. What happened next is pretty well documented and what you said is mostly true and will suffice as an explanation. What really sets this battle apart is that Kaloyan managed to simultaneously lift the siege of Adrianople and rescue the Byzantine remnants and still BTFO the entire Latin army and kill the Crusader elite in one brilliant strike.

Forgot pic. It's a plan of the battle and the position of the armies

Show me a good time Dick!