>1066

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_conquest_of_England#Governmental_systems
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/found#Etymology_2
m.youtube.com/watch?v=X3i_N-n6Udw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Did the battle of hastings actually change anything important?

Best jour of mon life

Depends, do you consider English language as "something important"?

So we wouldn't be able to talk if the Normans hadn't won?

Unless you're an Englishman, nope
The Normans are those who turned England from a backwater shithole to a great power
So no doubt English wouldnt be as relevant as now without them

But that's wrong, Anglo-Saxon England was richer and more developed than France.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_conquest_of_England#Governmental_systems

>be anglo
>talk like a frenchman

Claim to French land and consequent wars, and Magna Carta could be attributed to the fact that the French kings were out of touch with the English speaking nobility and peasantry, and were too busy invading France and Jerusalem.

Don't worry user, all the frogs that invaded eventually got absolutely NIGEL'd and now their descendants are Anglo as fuck.

the great power stuff came long after the Normans, probably started with the English renaissance late 14th/early 15th C I think. Before that we were just fighting with France mostly and weren't out conquering much more than that.

If harald hardrade won we would be probably speaking anglosaxon mixed with norweigan words. Assuming the anglos colonize north america and the colonies end up dominating popular culture.

>When you're directly descended from William

>1204
>1071

To be fair, the vast majority of day to day English is Germanic.
Look up Anglish, it's perfectly intelligible.

Mate half of fucking Europe and American probably has Williams blood if not more

it turned england from a germanic hut dwelling tribal turdhole into a civilized european kingdom(also it cucked the anglos from their germanic heritage)

>1588

Wew lad your logic is awful, if it wasn't for the mongols then WW2 would've never happened as Germany wouldn't be so strong I suppose.

nice meme

>1933

>1949

>1898

>1453

that disaster was entirely of his own making, he had every advantage over the CCP when the Japanese withdrew

>1346
>1415
>1513
>1704
>1805
>1815

>French
Norman

Based

>1371
>1389
>1459
>1594
>1739
>1813
>1903
>1908
>1915
>1941

>1995

>1991-1995

>what is the angevin empire
>what are the norman invasions of scotland and ireland

It extinguished the English kingdom and Saxon heritage of the country.

Why 1903? I mean Karadjoko should be happy since it was his grandson that came into power that year.

Except the Normans left practically no genetic imprint. If you were even a little educated you would know this.

he means the anglo saxon cultural heritage you idiot. anglo-saxon genes are only 30% anyway kek

I'm just saying it could have ended differently. There was no need for the autistic prick to be brutally hacked to death and thrown off a balcony.
Simply banishing him at gunpoint would have been enough.

probably higher than that

Exactly, most of it is native Briton, so it wasn't even significant in the slightest.

Agree completely.

imo they're not fully britons but a mix of germanics and britons.

where are you getting this from

I saw some Brits' results on gedmatch, they were like 50+% something Norwegian/Danish and other half was usually "Orcadian" or Irish or Scottish.

hmm norse tended to be in east anglia and yorkshire where danelaw was established, but people have said on Veeky Forums that anglo saxon dna is not high among the whole population and its overwhelmingly celtic

Even if you are pissy about the "NORMANS ARENT FRENCH" there still was 2 other French dynasties that came after the de Normandie house

>1302

>1991

>1979

>To be fair, the vast majority of day to day English is Germanic.
Wrong, for nouns/adjectives/verbs (the important words) it's around 50/50 between French and Germanic

>Look up Anglish, it's perfectly intelligible.
Anglish is a tryhard attempt at evicting French/Latin words that looks weird as fuck (proof that Romance words are very present in "normal" English) and often fail when needing to use words with no Germanic counterpart (like "use")

>Anglish is a tryhard attempt
It's nothing of the sort, it's just a fun project

>476

>1620

>be me
>go to Anglish wiki
>hit random page
>read for 10 secs
>stumble on the word "founder"

Hahaha oh wow
Bongs just can't speak English without French words even when trying THAT hard

>1914
>1939

>Dutch: vinden
>German: finden

>actually look up that wiki
>Banded Folksdoms of Americksland
>English Overthrowing
>Frithful Highsea

What autist came up with this, just speak regular English.

These words are related to the English word "found" as in "conjugated form of find"
The English word "founder" as in "original creator" is a latinate

>From Old French founder (Modern French: fonder), from Latin fundāre. Confer with fund.
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/found#Etymology_2

>1651

>2017

she has a qt lowkey-scenegirl 00s hairstyle

>711

Thread theme:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=X3i_N-n6Udw

>2001

France isn't THAT bad.

>Frenchmen LARPing as Danes again

Reminder that after eight generations of interbreeding with locals, 1066 Normans had like 90% of French admixture and 10% of Danish admixture

>paint their bodies blue
>anglo saxon

this song belongs in a garbage can

>This is what frogs actually believe

>1643

>2017

>1776

>1204
>1453
>1918
>1945

>1763