Piece of shit

Piece of shit

Babbies first "crash"?

literally only went down 10 cents

What, it's the perfect time for you to sell.

Hands getting weak? Have faith user

It's getting bleed out by huge whales before huge spike in price, same just happened to BlockNet coin 2 days ago but I jumped out too early and barely made anything.

>fauuck

basically don't let chinks buy all your IOTA for pennies nigga
>stay strong

i, as a IOTA-Fanboy, sold.
Nice project, but they thinking about to double the amount. No Fork or stuff, they MAYBE just double the amount of coins available.
you know... great stuff and usability, but not a good investment right now.
i'll buy back in when it's at $0.20. maybe...

Nice, so it's time to buy in?

what do.

Sauce?

he's a chink fooling you into selling your .80cent IOTA that will be worth for 100$ in a year.

absofuckinglutely

also if you get your crypto news or advise from Veeky Forums you deserve your fucking money to get lost.

I fucking love this board. I buy promising coins when the pink wojacks come out.

Up to $75k so far lol

Yeah I just looked it up and it's 100% bullshit.

IOTA is one of my few (very) long term holds

holding iota has been nothing but disappointing.

You fuckers think you have it bad? I went long when the Flash network was announced thinking I was gonna be in for some easy gains . Instead mega whales keep taking dumps the size of the eiffel tower and making walls that would make Trump blush.

Today I wake to -16.5% with a -3.5 BTC loss. One more whale and it's lights out for me.

basically praying the rise in BTC will cause a reversal but my life is a never ending series of disappointment and I know I'm fucked. BTW did I mention I quit my job last week?

Good stuff. This thing we call life.

-18% now

Press F.

It's not gonna be fast or easy, user, but if you're on board, you'll get there. Wish it was faster so life could suck less for you though.

check the graphs, did you get liquidated?

Source of them doubling the amount?

fake news

would you fuckers relax. IOTA is the best long term hold out there

>wash trading
it went up because usd/iota was a way to get cheap bitcoins. now it's going down because eth/iota gets you cheap eth.

Sorry, but are you retarded? The doubling won't change the price of the coins you have..

lel if youre a faggot who started "holding" literally 2 weeks ago then yes. Smart people have been holding for a long time and made quadruple gains even with this dip.

I know its a good long term hold. But with the money i could do other trades for short term gain and come back later

Officially got liquidated. Last week my portfolio was at an ATH of 55k. Now it is worth 12k.

"Gamblers lose everything they have and everything they don't have"

Sad story bro. I also have a long opened from 0.91. Fortunately not with a full margin available, so I've survived. So far.

Good luck man.

Thats what you get for going long when it was crashing

Looks like it's recovering. I cannot imagine your anger looking at the graph..

who knew the Flash announcement would cause a crash

This. Jewish tricks are worst tricks.

graphs > announcements. never open positions based solely on news, if graphs are not in your favour

>IOTA that will be worth for 100$ in a year.
do you even look at the Market Cap user? Okay.. 2$. Maybe 3$ in the next 2 years. 100$ is just utter bs

what does market cap mean?

> "I know what I'm talking about listen to me: market cap limits price growth in a speculative environment filled with vaporwave"
> Also I'm a neet who can predict the future.

Market cap is a derivative of price X supply. user is attempting to predict the future with indicators that derive from adjustable variables.

so how does market cap stop a coin from increasing in value?

Market cap represents the value of all of the tokens. As this value approaches the total wealth of the world, it becomes less likely that any gains can be made.

it doesn't really though. as soon as people sell the price decreases. if even 25% tried to sell it would become worthless.

Who followed the Veeky Forums way?

Market cap is simply an derivative indicator. It doesn't stop coins from increasing in value and the more individuals invested pushes the market cap upward. Desire to possess X of a certain token pushes the price up or down and market cap changes to reflect this.
To compare likely worth of token you would have to look at something similar that has mainstream adoption and compare the current worth of an existing market with the particular blockchain solution (or in this case the tangle). As nothing in the crypto world has anything close to mainstream adoption, market cap is currently a poor indicator that the buy high sell low types love to point at.
You can see how easily the price can decrease by looking at the ETH flash crash of last month. This is a strong signal that we're still in the early stages and despite all the icos demanding payments in eth there are still huge whales out there with significant influence.

correct, that's why i think market cap, as a concept, is a meaningless consideration.

It's truly meaningless. The market cap is just a measure of how much the total supply of a coin is worth. Because IOTA has a massive supply it is inherently going to have a higher market cap than other coins as it rises in value. I could create a coin that has 1 quattuorvigintillion (10^75) units and it would take the number 1 spot in crypto even at insanely small values if you rank by market cap. Personally I think that a better judge of how well a coin is doing is by it's weekly / monthly / annual volume.

Nice i have 100k

You sold Blocknet?

LMAO.

Marketcap is just supply x price. If you think marketcap is meaningless then you believe the supply and price is meaningless, and you are retarded. Lots of people don't understand marketcap, and extend it to mean a lot of things incorrectly, less, but saying marketcap is meaningless is just stupid.

>I could create a coin that has 1 quattuorvigintillion

Yes you could, but as soon as it reached even infinitesimal value you would cash out your 1 gigatillion coins. Everyone would have 1 gigatillion coins and will cash out before it ever reached 0.0000001 cents.

Think about what market cap means. The higher the market cap, the higher the supply is relative to the price, and the lower the price has to be for people to want to sell the coin. A higher market cap means that more people have the coins and can sell, and people are more likely to sell more coins because they have a lot of them.

Marketcap is pretty much the MOST important aspect of any coin. More important than even the price and supply alone, which are meaningless without knowing the other.

I wouldn't consider it meaningless but I just don't understand how people can judge based on a single calculation... to each their own I guess we're all going to make it so it's nothing to stress about.
Volume is a great way to judge the value of a coin.
Market cap is important people: "the coin just released last week and it's already "too late" to buy in because of market cap". Literally fuck off with this shitty advice.

I don't consider it meaningless but I wouldn't want to invest based on 'market cap only' considerations. Mistakenly connecting market cap to everything is a problem on this board and probably the source of my concern.

Sure, but >Because IOTA has a massive supply it is inherently going to have a higher market cap than other coins as it rises in value.

Is just plain wrong. Why would supply alone cause increase in market cap? People are going to invest X amount of USD/BTC/etc. in IOTA, and get Y number of IOTA, regardless of supply or price.

Market cap is infinitely more useful than just looking at the price or supply. In fact, price or supply can pretty much be ignored once market cap is know, making market cap the most important aspect of a coin's current "value." Market cap is the true price of a coin.

IOTA's nearly $3 billion market cap meaning its twice as expensive than coins like Monero and NEO. It would be harder for IOTA to 2x than it would be for NEO which already mooned twice.

>explaining something as simple as this to Veeky Forumstards

why even bother? just let them buy out coins at 100x higher.

IOTA has such a huge supply you'd be lucky if it ever hit $5 and if it did it would be in years. 168 times more volume than bitcoin for the Mega Iotas. I think it's overpriced at the moment. Should be a nickel. But what do I know i'm just a new coiner.

Also the name IOTA just doesn't have mass market appeal. Needs a name change. Needs to market as a bitcoin alternative no fees, no mining. Normies hear that and they think it's a scam or don't understand. Normies wouldn't believe it's possible. This is such a long term hold that i'll be dead before it goes anywhere significant.

i'm not stupid, this just doesn't make sense.

Pro tip it's all about market cap.

Also daily reminder that iota will be worthless without a patent on Tangle as it will always be copied and the clones sold for less than iota through a centralized service.

Yes, even if IOTA got to litecoin level it would only be like a 50% return, but if it becomes the next DGB bagholding coin you're literally looking at a 95% loss.

Think. If bitcoin had 10x the number of coins, the price would be 1/10th, right? Does that make sense? The price is only meaningful relative to supply. Market cap combines both the price and supply, its the true price.

You do know that the internet of things is the next backend wave to further connect humans to technology right? IOTA is just one aspect of the larger idea for internet of things which already has Microsoft, Cisco and other huge tech players researching and working.

Demand is the variable you cannot predict despite knowing the supply (and if the supply remains constant). Supply-side Keynesian economics are only good for limited understanding of market dynamics.

Haha iota is not just cryptocurrency, fuck off fudders we are going to moon!

no, this doesn't make sense to me. it's not the true price. this is all far more complicated than you're making it out to be.

>more supply
>less demand
>price will be unaffected

id say im surprised that you're a retard, but then i remember your shitcoin supports refugees and then it all makes sense

they're only adding decimals to handle the increase in demand.

Huur market cap can never ever increase as much money that can flow into crypto has flown into it no more money will enter the crypto sphere ever

I heard the same dumb fuck argument back in 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016

IT'S ABOUT TO MOON

said the amount of coins will be doubled

he said the amount of coins in existence does not change the value of the coin which is completely untrue. How can the price of something stay high when all of a sudden theres a billion more of that thing and theyre easier to attain?

You're wrong, you are stupid.

A dollar is still a dollar no matter how much money the Fed prints

no one has said supply will be doubled.
no.

Iota is not fucking USD that is backed by a government and an entire population that uses it. How can you even compare some crypto shitcoin to USD? Good lord this thread...

>inflation isn't real

see
If that is true or not what the other guy said about value being unaffected if that happened is false

Not with crypto:^)

Just like bitcoin is worthless without a patent right?

I lost everything to this mother fucking shit coin

go on...

He went long at max leverage I'm guessing

I still have enough money for a gun.

That's stupid. If you go max leverage you are supposed to close the position if it turns even slightly against you.

that's how delusional these iota fags are

The crypto market is only getting started. You're in early enough. Killing yoursef now would be such a stupid fucking waste.

Some truth in here.

Holy shit at people thinking marketcap doesnt matter. Yes iota is way ahead of its time, and its time will never come.

This. Market cap really doesn't matter. Holy shit at people thinking it's like room capacity.

Seems like if the market cap approaches the limit of peoples disposable income, nobody will buy. There is definitely an upper level to a market cap at any given moment.

why don't they patent the tangle? is there some special reason? tech companies patent shit everyday

> your coin needs a patent to have value

no it just needs a network effect and momentum

common misconception, rebecca. they'll just buy what they can afford.

Being this dumb

If it's rhe same user from earlier today he lost like 55k, he kept waiting for it to go back up to minimize losses
Poor dude

BlockNet was fucking garbage for the past month... I just wanted to get out.
>volatility got me and nerves twitched so I pan

IOTA is rebouncing again.
Like I said chinks bled out the price to pick up cheap fucking IOTA's before mooning it to 5$

lol

I like the idea of iota, but have you actually tried using it? It works like 50% of the time...

What's with the rebecca? Not familiar with that maymay.

It's less than that. It takes hours and you have to rebroadcast and reattach several times, switch servers a couple of times, and finally it happens, the transaction finally gets confirmed.