Everything I know about history was learned through this game. Some facts I learned:

Everything I know about history was learned through this game. Some facts I learned:

>celts were naturally better at chopping wood
>britons were naturally good archers
>apparently there are relics hidden throughout the globe which were sought after by ancient civilizations for good luck
>radar spy technology existed centuries before the first microchip was ever made back in the imperial age

The six foot British longbow could shoot an arrow harder than a makarov

makarovs don't shoot arrows

What's the best Veeky Forums Vidya? Never played any.

The french were suicide bombers

Only the Vikings could shoot multiple bows from a boat.

persian armies were 90% war elephants

Rise of Nations

mount & blade, even though it's fiction

Best way to defeat opponents was to build towers next to their farms.

>NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED

>priests could convert buildings to Christianity

Silent Hunter III with Grey Wolves

>mist at dawn starts playing
This game was the shit. Are there similar games like RoN but 'improved'?

Kaiserreich

I learned from Empire Earth that the only thing Generals had to do was scream and the enemy would be weakened

>play rise of nations with friends
>always devolve into two clusters of cities with missile shields swimming in nukes fruitlessly trying to stealth bomb each other's nukes so their instantly AI mass produced tanks won't get nuked the second they leave their borders
>rest of the map is a wasteland of nothing but burning cities after the first nuclear war

Vikings could regenerate their wounds in combat.

>the Aztecs employed pikemen and crossbowmen in mail and steel plate

Attila the Hun invented torches that could burn hot enough to melt stone

>The Aztecs won the Siege Of Tenochtitlan

>this didn't happen
fucking just

>mamluks rode camels duelwielding schimitars which they threw and their enemies which made them great at fighting cavalry
>english longbowmen could pelt defenceless castles with arrows from well outside the range of the castle until the castle succumbed to the hail of arrows
>bare chested men can run as fast as cavalry
>the franks ran around throwing double bit axes at their enemies
>siege weapons could easily clear out groups of trees with flaming projectiles

kings weigh 200 pounds but can outrun a horse

Things I learned about the Napoleonic war through playing BTW.

>prussia' s light infantry were like machine guns
>the Austrians apparently had silencers
>england had the best line infantry
>france had the best elites
>russia' s guard infantry were almost unbreakable and

A lot of this is just memeing but that game actually got me extremely interested in French and Russian tactics/strategy and military units not mention playing the Napoleonic Mod for M&W and learning about our regiments history ( I can't remember if it was Mariners, or 9e régiment d’infanterie légère, I can't really find information on "Mariners" so it might be the latter I don't know though this was a few years back)

Anyways if any of you reading this was part of the regiment Caporal Chaffee says hi.

Napoleon Total war:

>Unicorns were weapons of mass destruction
>Ottomans can just swarm the enemy with cheap melee units

Mount and Blade Warband

>A single spear can stop a charging horse instantly
>Hitting another horse from the side also stops a horse instantly
>Swords can hack though armor if you hit it enough

Persians used War elephants that didn't need a handler, they were autonomous and killed exactly the enemy that needed to be killed
Archers, crossbowmen and skirmishers NEVER missed their target. NEVER
Trebuchets would pack up into autonomous self-driving carts with no need for human intervention or guiding or horse for traction
Arable land in the middle ages depleted with a loud rustling sound, but fortunately serfs and peasants could quickly restore it to full yield in a mater of seconds.
Aztec/Mayan temples acted as Castles too.
Ottoman Janissaries wore some sort of kimono,didn't have any armor / headdress and fought using a manual bombard
Archers had infinite arrows at their disposal
Everyone knew and used Greek fire on their ships.
Medieval galleys/ships fought each other by shooting large ballista flaming arrows.
Walls could not be manned by soldiers no matter what.
Light cavalry was essentially useless in real battles
War dogs didn't exist
On a serious note, this game was fucking shitty that even as a kid I realized that. I mean, c'mon.,at least make the effort of having a few different skins depending on the region of the civilization, for soldiers too. It really hurt my autismo to see asian units be identical to european and arab ones, and even mesoamerican. What the shit microshaft?

>Archers, crossbowmen and skirmishers NEVER missed their target. NEVER
but all ranged units had hard coded miss rates unless you research Thumb Ring

Nevermind their inability to hit moving targets unless you researched thumb ring and/or ballistics.

ok, right about that. I exaggerated.

>tfw an alternate history mod is more historically literate than most professionally made historical games

>tfw no American Union State

Sounds like you're doing it right.

Best gaming experience of my life was a 2x2 with some friends playing the conquistador expansion. Favorite experience was moving a hoard of villagers under guard as close as I dared to an enemy town to erect a castle. I immediately garrisoned all of the villagers within to double its firepower.
>Enemy farms come under fire from castle.
>"What the hell!?"
So while he dealt with that cluster fuck, I built up an army and swapped out my villagers for heavy cavalry. He eventually destroys the castle, and the town is swarmed.

Don't forget
>mangonels and onagers were intended to wipe out clusters of infantry instead of fortifications
The game was still fun as fuck though.

>Napoleon Total war:
>Unicorns were weapons of mass destruction

W-what? I have the game and don't know what you're talking about

Can't wait for Bannerlord!

exactly.

Sounds incredibly fun desu

Dude didn't you hear, they shutdown talesworld saying they had a connection with the coup.