What the fuck is going on with ETH?

What the fuck is going on with ETH?

Ethereum has only ever followed the trend of BTC, so why is it now deviating?

Pic Related - Someone explain this discrepancy.

Because it's a shitcoin.

because people started realizing ETH is an inflationary shitcoin that is going to PoS (more centralized than GPU PoW)
which will make Vitalik himself and other devs the biggest winners in this game

I think people are realizing ETH is just BTC + more features and because both are stable, the type of people to invest in BTC are the same to invest in ETH

when ICO train collapses ETH will return to normal price

Ether will be better than every other coin combined soon enough

Because NEO.

wanting the greed line to follow the yellow one is delusional. That would require eth to growth to be BTC's growth SQUARED. This was possible when it was a small coin, but now it has half of btc's market cap. If the grow by the same amount, the yellow line will stay flat.

Because money skel.
Finally moved my cold storage to kraken and opened a ETH/EUR long. Moon time baby.

>opened a ETH/EUR long
Can you explain what you mean?

Is that like the margin thing on Polo?

This guy is right, if anything the yellow line should be flat if they were essentially pegged. The middle of the graph represents BTC falling against ETH, not ETH rising against BTC.

I borrowed Euro from Kraken and bought ETH. I used my BTC as collateral.

OP, how do you not get that when eth/eur and btc/eur grow by the same amount eth/btc stays flat?

ETH and BTC are completely different products, that's become clear now.
>BTC is a "store of value"
>ETH is web 3.0

they don't need to compete, in fact it would be better if they don't. ETH doesn't need BTC anymore like the alt-coins do, it has its own fiat markets across many countries and exchanges and the BTC pairing is pointless to it now. ETH is no longer an altcoin.

humm no, it would be better for ETH holders if ETH proved itself better in every regard and thus replaced bitcoin, as that would shift all of BTC value to ETH.

dumb fuck doesn't know about the flippening

LMAO how are ppl this stupid?

WE MOONING BOYS

its deviated plenty of times before get good fgt

because vitalik is the night's king

he will blow down ye olde buttcoin ATH wall and take over the world with his army of skeles

:3

Thank you money skel you have the best bones

ETH will never replace BTC because the supply is unlimited
The whole purpose of ETH is to provide a way for people around the world to run decentralized programs on top of its economical system. People will use ETH for running DApps, but holding it for a long time.
Bitcoin nowadays is more like a digital gold that for storing people's saving for years that will rarely be touched

I don't get it why bitcoin is digital gold? It's more like oil and will be replaced with better solutions

because the price is going up on yearly basis
everyone who shorted got bured

this digital gold/oil meme is retarded

vitalik just laughs inside when people say that

ethereum is just a better bitcoin. period. it is a superset of bitcoin's functionality and there is ZERO reason why it shouldn't be worth more than bitcoin

The reason is simple because ETH supply is unlimited and it has already nearly 10x more coins than BTC

All these retards in this thread don't know the difference between ETH and BTC.

Read the fucking whitepapers faggots. ETH isn't going to or TRYING TO replace Bitcoin.

Wrong. ETH caps at 100,000,000.

it only caps at that number when PoS is implemented
for now it's uncapped

ETH will have NEGATIVE issuance rates once it gets POS, as some of the fees will be destroyed. This is set to happen next year

LOL People were talking about PoS since last year
Guess what? Last month was the original ETA of PoS deployment.

It's practically capped you moron; there is a very clear plan to reduce issuance and eventually nearly freeze it with PoS

ETH clearly has the best roadmap and dev team; if they manage to deliver on PoS and sharding ETH will shit all over BTC, simply because BTC is a very tiny subset of ETH

fud harder fgt. You forgot muh dead cat bounce tho.

things get delayed all the time, segwit was delayed for more than a year and i don't see you spreading fud about btc. PoS is coming.

this this this this this this this 100x

vitalik has done like 6 proof of concepts for proof of stake. he is closing in on a solution