ITT: Alternate history maps

Post maps of alternate history scenarios. Custom maps suggested. Flags allowed too.

And what the hell is up with "Das Ackerland", "Die Wüste" und "Die Großen Seen"?
Are you going to provide context or this just bullshit?

My own work.

Why 1830 specifically? Good map nonetheless

German globalism and balkanized US so they wouldn't be a problem.

It's just supposed to be in German (don't speak German so I translated online so it's inaccurate most likely).

we speak american here hans

Looks really neat man. But keep in mind that Belgium split off from the Netherlands in 1830

Let me help you then.

Indien-Asien: rather "Indo-Asien"
Gran Kolumbien: If that's supposed to mean "Great Columbia", rather "Groß-Kolumbien"
Texas Republik: the "Republik" always comes first, just as in "Bundesrepublik Zentralamerika"
Kalifornien Republik: same
Das Ackerland: seems awkward, what's the original?
Balkanien: simply "Balkan" would suffice

United Statian*

>H
>R
>E

>Ywn see a road from Singapore to the cape going through New Delhi, Jerusalem and Cairo.
Why even be an Anglo anymore lads?

A map of Europe around 15 years after a Central Powers victory (Germany adopted a Russia-first strategy and avoided USW). The Ottoman Empire imploded in the 1920s; most of the Middle East is under the control of the Hashemites (with German and British backing) while a national-communist Turkey is an international pariah rump state.

kys

Does anyone have a good map for this? Like this one, but with, at least, American states and Canadian provinces? Maybe other territorial division in other countries, and maybe even river and mountains.

Can't do both at the same time but I can post two different maps

And here's the second part. A bit of the terrain in Alaska and Yukon is missing but other than that, it's a great map.

Nevermind, it's actually a big part of Canada that's missing

Thanks, man. I'll make something nice tomorrow.
Goodnight.

Here's a nice colour scheme I saved not too long ago, you might find it useful.

>That massive Dutch Empire
It's.. It's beautiful.

These are works in progress, rate if you think they have potential

This is the "alt-timeline"

This is a terrible KR fanfic

-9999999/10

Come on at least this one has to be passable

yeah that's better.

Redpill me (figuratively) on improving my border tracing on these
maps

Lemme guess, no declaration of independence, therefore no American and French revolutions?

How does the commonwealth survive though?

Beautiful

Stop blobbing

I wish I knew how to chisel borders user

I made this like a year ago and it's terrible.

If I remember correctly the star means that it's a multilingual federation of mostly independent states,

Pay attention to geography and historical borders (and when it comes down to it, simple aesthetics). Straight borders should be restricted to colonies and even then, they are not present everywhere. If you want to make north-south aligned straight borders, take into account the projection.
Also, the first step is to make borders one pixel thick (as opposed to the borders in where single strokes are clearly seen). In general, steer clear of those continuous lines and do not make wavy lines simply as the opposite of straight lines - borders often follow certain landmarks (rivers,
mountain ranges,...).

it took me 10000 hours in paint and 100000 hours studying ww1

Why are rvbomally's maps so fucking good?

He's got a great style, for sure. You can see the Munroist influence but he's gone his own way and it really work out.

more like 100,000 milliseconds studying WW1

Here is a map I made. hope ya'll like it

Here's one without rivers

But Australia had already been colonized by the British by the time of the Napoleonic Wars

I wish this didn't have black borders on the coasts.

Would you prefer something like this?

Sweet

Easy there, stormfag

How do you feel about aesthetic Axis victory maps

American english, faggot

Way more realistic than the fucking Man in the High Castle shit. Though I suspect that Germany would have more influence in the Middle East and India would balkanize.

how long do you think the US would wait out to finally doing something about liberating Europe?

>Russian Republic
>limited to Siberia, not including... Russia
huh

They didn't do anything to liberate Eastern Europe from the soviets

And start another World War?

I'd prefer just grey land and blue water, like , but with American states and Canadian provinces. Maybe territorial divisions of other big countries, like Australia, Russia, China, Brazil, Etc.

Does anyone know of a website to make an American flag with any number of stars? I'd like one with a nice-looking circle of 11 stars, but it's hard to make one.

What software do you use to edit maps? I'd like something free and more powerful than Paint. Is Inkscape any good for this purpose?

>Notice Grossgermania silhouette
I sleep
>Greater Austria

REAL SHIT

I take it that Luxembourg, the Vatican, and Liechtenstein are no longer separate entities?

I just use Paint.net and it does the job.

Right?
Luxembourg and Liechtenstein are rightful Austrian clay, the Vatican can do what it wants.

>the Vatican
>1914

Can someone please make a map of their predicted Europe 50 years after it would have lost 95% of its population to the Black Death?

How would the Ottomans, Moors and Mongols have capitalized on this? Would there have been much Islamic conquest/colonisation?

What would happen to Great Britain or Rome?

Paradise

Thanks obama

>liechtenstein
>austrian clay
Okay, i can see that, former members of the hre, culturally close
>luxembourg
Fuck off

How do you make these?

>new africa
shitty name, the border is also very triggering

If the black death is so hardcore that it kills 95% of europe, asia and north africa suffer a similar fate before they can colonize shit.

I like gommierado's flag

As a general disclaimed, none of the maps I posted here are mine (I've been working on my own for years but I have to admit I haven't finished any). It all comes down to choosing a point of divergence, then doing research for anything from the time period you're not familiar with and creating a timeline (either in your head or by writing it down). There's base maps available out there so you choose one that you like and fill it in, keeping plausability in mind (although at the end of the day, the most important matter is the aesthetic side).

Fuck off with those faceshit tier nigger memes.

OP I think you just found Atlantis.

He'srightyouknow.jpg
Sux to be Luxembourg though.

What you want to google is "years of salt and rice" which has this exact premise.

Luckily, I've saved a map of just that.

a map of what the world might look like if the uk joined the axis

>Maps that keep my Arizona away from California
Fine by me, these maps have my vote.

>Soviet Union
>Russian Empire
That's not how Ruskies work. Choose one or the other.

I've got one for that kind of scenario.

Thanks for the help.

Although I appreciate Kim Stanley Robinson's writing, his novel goes too far in time for my taste.

I'm mainly interested in the possible geography of early Islamic conquests/colonisation of the now remote Europe. Would it for example be a stretch to over time have the Ottomans expand from the Carpithians to the Rhine?

Also the possibility of new native European states emerging fascinates me, especially in regions historically unaffected by the Plague, e.g. the Polish swath around Krakow, the Basque region, remote parts of the Low Countries and to a lesser extent the Duchy of Milan.

I know I'm stretching the "alternative timeline" part here and am moving towards fantasy.