The Civil War wasn't fought over slavery

>The Civil War wasn't fought over slavery

>Hitler wasn't racist! He has blacks in the Wehrmacht!

It was fought over many things.

One of those things was slavery.

All the minor issues wouldn't have mattered so much if not for the centrally important issue of Slavery.

Look up the Corwin amendment desu

>Robert E Lee was a good boy.

The Secession was about slavery
The War was about state authority versus federal authority

> waaaaaa, they questioning my brainwashing

can people stop arguing over this and post civil war inspo please holy shit

IT was over state rights you fool.

Saying that the Civil War was fought over slavery is like saying that the Crusades were fought for God

Ya it's not like slaves played a massive economic role in the southXD they ey spook like god XDD

This.

>the crusades weren't a holy war
wat

They were an excuse for nobles to grab land and get rich

Federal authority to impose limits on slavery or promote it as the southerners had previously done

>The civil war wasn't about slavery
Lol

>arkansas
What the fuck was their problem then?

so, correct?

>Louisiana and North Carolina
>I don't even know why I'm here
>Arkansas
>everyone else was doing it, I just wanted to be popular

Arkansas is where evil spawns from.

I'm not sure this is entirely accurate since I found a speech given by Arkansas governor Henry Rector at the state's convention on secession.

>The area of slavery must be extended correlative with its antagonism, or it will be put speedily in the 'course of ultimate extinction.'... The extension of slavery is the vital point of the whole controversy between the North and the South... Amendments to the federal constitution are urged by some as a panacea for all the ills that beset us. That instrument is amply sufficient as it now stands, for the protection of Southern rights, if it was only enforced. The South wants practical evidence of good faith from the North, not mere paper agreements and compromises. They believe slavery a sin, we do not, and there lies the trouble.

I'm reading more about this convention now, this is really quite fascinating. It had a slim unionist majority, despite unionists not fielding candidates in northern counties. Secessionists floated the idea of splitting the state up, but ultimately the compromise reached was that the state would remain in the union while working with its neighboring states to find a peaceful resolution to the crisis, and put the matter of secession to a referendum. After its adjournment but before the referendum fort sumter happened and it was reconvened, Lincoln's decision to raise an army to put down the rebellion galvanized public opinion in favor of secession so the convention voted to cancel the referendum by a vote of 55-15, and the resolution to secede was adopted 69-1. They then drafted a new constitution where they mainly just crossed out every spot that said USA and wrote CSA, but also legalized banking.

The Civil War was fought over secession
Secession was declared over slavery

Pretending it was "fought over slavery" is disingenuous as it makes the Union out to be an army to liberate the blacks, not an army out to preserve the Union.

Saved for future use :)

Seriously. Literally read the Declarations of Secession.

Perfectly summed up, everyone else is a retard.

Their friends all jumped off a cliff so they did it too.

>Medieval times
>See it all only through the Materialist lense
No.

>Arkansas
what did they mean by this