ITT: the best paintings of historical events

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k97nvOSBDnk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_La_Rochelle
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck Ronald duck

Not a painting but this movie is a work of art.
youtube.com/watch?v=k97nvOSBDnk

Soviet production of War and Peace. It is 8 hours long and the visuals are extremely detailed

I use this as my background

That's one of my favorite paintings. If you ever go see it sometime it's fucking HUGE. Takes up an entire wall of a room at the Louve.

what event is this?

what the fuck is that?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_La_Rochelle

may not have happened but whatever

Welcome

>Miloš Obrenović inciting his countrymen against the Ottoman Empire and initiating the Second Serbian Uprising in 1815

>Serbs, led by Archbishop Arsenije III, fleeing Old Serbia during the Great Serb Migration of 1690–91

>the installation of the Sigismund Bell in the Wawel Cathedral in Kraków in 1521

>Albrecht Hohenzollern, the Duke of Prussia paying tribute and swearing allegiance to King Sigismund I the Old in Kraków's market square on 10 April 1525

for some reason the full-size version is poor quality online

>Adoption of the Polish Constitution of May 3, 1791. King Stanislaus Augustus entering St John's Cathedral to swear in the new national constitution.

>the Union of Lublin - signed July 1, 1569 - created a single state, the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth

>the Battle of Grunwald and the victory of the allied Crown of the Kingdom of Poland and Grand Duchy of Lithuania over the Teutonic Order in 1410

But he wasn't driving

>the protest of Tadeusz Rejtan (lower right) against the First Partition of Poland during the Partition Sejm of 1773

>coronation of the Serbian Tsar Stefan Dušan on 16 April 1346 (Easter) in Skopje

The murder of Franz Ferdinand,remixed by furfags