Was he REALLY that bad of a person?

Was he REALLY that bad of a person?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Lucas_(drug_dealer)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He had a guy whacked for daring to run for local office while black.

just when i thought i could respect the mob i find out they're racist pigs

>the mob
Capone's south side gang was not associated with The Commission or the umbrella organization known as La Cosa Nostra. It was a one off. Don't worry though, the actual mob is also racist pigs.

what did you think, it was a multikulti commune?

it's an italian supremacist organisation filled with rutheless killers, extornists and contract killers. they flooded poor black communities with cheap heroin and basically destroyed the bronx

they're romantacized, when in reality they're nothing but disgusting thug cunts

they're literally the mob

Yes, he was a vicious killer and drug kingpin. He had to be ruthless to maintain his control as an underworld leader.

He was not above hiring Jewish hit men, though. The Purple Gang of Detroit (Jewish) was his main partner for importing liquor from Canada, and he enlisted killers from them for the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

>Was he REALLY that bad of a person?
He used to rape the wife's of people that confronted him, infront of their eyes, to teach them respect. That's fucked up.

>being this naive
you don't belong here is a much more suitable place for young children

I liked your joke, user

Calm down. A lot of ethnic minorities, Jewish, Irish, Italian took part in organized crime. And nobody thinks they were good guys. They're romanticized in that kind of hyper-masculine way, not as good, decent people.

Usually by idiots who think gangsters are cool. Interestingly, I see black americans who romanticize them quite a bit on social media.

Also it's not like black american gangsters didn't do the same: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Lucas_(drug_dealer)

>it's an italian supremacist organisation

Not true at all. Some of the most high up positions alongside Capone were Jews. It was more of a Mediterranean Supremacist organization

what is an obviously sarcastic comment user?

Elaborate.

Heard a good point on prohibition the other day.

The most insidious part about the new black market was that before the prohibition, the criminal element of society was universally reviled, because they were burglars and muggers, but now those same people could make much more money, with less risk selling alcohol. And because everyone wanted alcohol they were seen as nessecary and likeable rouges, when they were still the same people who would have happily robbed you in alley.

So what I'm getting is that you're saying they were perceived as the "Robin Hoods" of the 20th century?

That's alfa. Can't find anything on it though, source?

Gangsters aren't known for racial purity.

Kind of. Just more that prohibition gave lots of criminal personalities a "respectable" way to make a living. they were still sociopathic thieves and murderers only now they had of most of societies consent because they provided a service.

The Depression helped that image too. Many people blamed the Banks for the whole thing, so people ended up rooting for bank robbers.

but they we're, [spoiler] the central bank certainly was [/spoiler]

definitive text is "Five Families" by Selwynn Raab of the NYT. amazing book. Raab's been reporting OC for the Times for decades.
Chicago was called "The Outfit". they didn't consecrate newly made men in the sicilian ceremony and worked too closely with non-italian gangs and gangsters (in the eyes of the big 5). Capone was seen as a showboat.
Chicago had a commission seat and also spoke for LA and most of Midwest. Buffalo was more respected b/c of their leadership.
Bottom line: their earning power was respected but they are not seen as true LCN.
Black gangs and Sinaloa (Flores bros) run the city now anyway so it doesn't matter.

>respect the mob
>respecting people who have destroyed countless lives, killed innocents, ruined communities with drugs, and corrupted once legitimate governments
>respect

Robin Hood stole from the rig and gave to the poor. Gangsters were more like businessmen.

However, there were a lot of Robin Hood figures who robbed banks and gave money out during the 1930s. They were pretty popular and used money a lot of times to gain shelter or other services from admiring citizens.

>the mob i find out they're racist pigs
Capone's nightclub were instrumental in bringing black musicians in front of white audiences.

Not really. Depends on the family, the Genna family for example wouldn't work with anyone who wasn't Sicilian. Lucky was really the first one who wanted to work outside of Italians (hell, even Sicilians). Italians worked with Jews because the Jews were the ones who mostly controlled crime in NYC when the Italians arrived (eg. Rothstein), as well as massive waves of Eastern European Jews who immigrated to NYC. Most of the Jews associated with the Mafia were not part of it, save very few. People like Siegel or Lansky were never a part of it, only highly respected. People like Reles or Buchalter who were well known within this milieu for working for Murder Inc, which was almost entirely comprised of Jewish gangsters. There is a distinction.