I rarely watch National Geographic or TV for that matter...

I rarely watch National Geographic or TV for that matter, but whenever I come across this channel and it's about history the focus is always on fucking Hitler. It's almost comical how they always describe as some kind of diabolical evil super genius from some Saturday morning cartoon, always with the ominous music and sound effects of course. It's especially annoying when there are so many other interesting things to cover about World War 2, but somehow Hitler gets all the attention. Hell, cover something other than World War 2.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rz_C6Glkm8
youtube.com/watch?v=XvGmOZ5T6_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=CTUt3bUV9JY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xdmXmQWSijk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But user, the rest of history can't be made palatable for obese cable TV viewers. The rest of history either doesn't have modern Americans in it or doesn't have any struggle that can be simplistically interpreted as good vs evil.

You wouldn't want Cletus to get bored now would you.

Most people are imbeciles who have no knowledge of history apart from WW2, and even that is disputable.

The reason why Hitler is so overrepresented is because Hitler sells well.

>it sells!
>on a channel with no ads
This is as absurd as CNN "leaks" that "show" that they made up the russia story for """ratings""". Only an idiot would believe this
They cover Hitler and Stalin for propaganda
This is the main goal of any historic propaganda, to frame Hitler and Stalin as crazy evil murderers

>to frame Hitler and Stalin as crazy evil murderers
But... they were crazy evil murderers?

>describe as some kind of diabolical evil super genius from some Saturday morning cartoon,
this description is becoming an awful revisionist meme in itself. If you actually read about hitler, what we wrote, what he spoke, what he ordered, he'd probably NOT MIND that he is branded as a villain because what he believed in was pretty fucking diabolical by today's standards (no compunction with killing off handicapped, mentally ill, committing mass executions and starvation of soviets and poles to make way for German settlement of the East in some sort of racial utopia).

You can't be sure, I wasn't there and I'll probably never know.
Anyways it doesn't matter in this context, I didn't state that they're neccessarily lying when doing their propaganda

Why does no one care that he threw up and pooped his pants numerous times throughout his adult life???

Why is that aspect of his life never mentioned on any documentatary?

Maybe we should all just boycott such documentaries and stop watching the History channel unless and until there is one about how Hitler threw up and made at least 5 mushy/watery poo-poos in his underwear when he had dysentery 76 years ago this month.

We should also refuse to watch any Hitler movie in which the actor doesn't have clearly BLUE eyes!!!

You do realize that was the norm in that era?

Pants pooping? No it never was!!! Eww!!! And it certainly wasn't for women!

This should not be the best that you can watch regarding that titilating subject

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rz_C6Glkm8

Why damnit????????????????

?????????????????????????

*titillating

>You weren't there so how do you know?
My favourite non argument

Ah yes, good ol' 'murica

Doesn't anyone find this exciting?

Complete bullshit, but okay. It's more common place to see the Pacific Front.

In American libraries, there are entire shelves devoted to D-Day.

No there fucking isn't.. Stop bullshitting people

This is actually true, the imperial system is objectively better for day to day measurements

can you give me a source on that? it might have been accepted among certain professional communities and academics (though certainly not all of them) but it was certainly not accepted by the majority of catholics and practicing protestants.

professional and academic circles to be more exact, as not everyone in say, the psychiatric community was for euthanizing or sterilizing mentally ill people.

WWII is pleb-tier history that brings in ratings. They're going to air the TV version of clickbait because it would bring more views than a documentary on the life of Vincenze Bellini would.

He's not wrong at all

Only because assholes in america have been using it forever, and don't want to learn anything else.

As a Murican who has used both, imperial is far easier. Feet and inches, while arbitrary, are still much easier than centimeters and millimeters.

I come from a European country, and since the only history on National Geographic is American World War 2 history and Hitler, they just scrap the American part and focus on Hitler exclusively.

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC PRESENTS NAZI WEEK.
>12-1: Military documentary
>1-2: Generic Hitler documentary
>2-3: Generic Holocaust documentary
>3-4: FIVE NAZI SUPERWEAPONS THAT ALMOST WON THEM THE WAR. Two of which were only drawings.
>4-5: Pawn Star rip off: Nazi edition
>5-6: HITLER WAS WEEKS FROM GETTING A NUKE AND WINNING.
>6-7: The Eva Braun Files: An hour about Eva Braun's supposed beasitality fetish.
>7-8: Did Hitler escape the bunker? No.
>8-9: HITLER'S STEALTH FIGHTERS THAT WOULDVE WON HIM THE WAR. More drawings.
>9-10: Nazis escaped to South America, some spaced out crank from Portugal thinks Hitler and Goebbels are among them.
>10-11: DID HITLER MEET ALIENS? No.
>11-12: THE HITLER-JFK CONNECTION

How? How the fuck is the concept of 100cm = 1m harder than 1inch = 0.083 feet? And this isn't even getting into the US demanding its own gallons instead of just using the Imperial standard

>some spaced out crank from Portugal thinks Hitler and Goebbels are among them.
kek

They should call it Hitler channel.

Should be called HBA; Hitler, Bigfoot and Aliens Channel

How is this anything less than amazing to imagine????????

The metric system has an increment for every possible scale and it's more precise. In what world does the King's thumb make for a better increment for distance than 2.54cm?

Don't they have that show where the two nakid people are in the woods together? Is hitler in that? we could solve the micropenis/one testicle debate fairly quickly

He had a big hypospadias dick.

Wow!!!

>Hitler's mushy yellowish poop

AMAZING!!!

But it IS an argument and with your pic you're literally supporting my point
How would even know what Hitler or Stalin actually did if the people who were living in that time didn't

t. historic hipster

It's not an argument, it's conceding you don't have any knowledge of it because you're a lazy little shit and can't be arsed to read

Because a 30-60 min tv show is meant to get you interested in the subject it's talking about.

Also, cartoon villains became based around people like kraut kang adolf because of how comical and pathetic he was.

Basically, WW2 showed the world what happens when you let a beta uprising happen.

>It's almost comical how they always describe as some kind of diabolical evil super genius from some Saturday morning cartoon, always with the ominous music and sound effects of course.

youtube.com/watch?v=XvGmOZ5T6_Y

youtube.com/watch?v=CTUt3bUV9JY

Have you seen the Nazi Titanic one? Goebbels spent millions making a Titanic movie while a war was going on.

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC PRESENTS NAZI WEEK: DAY 2.
>12-2: Extensive Holocaust documentary
>2-3: Operation Barbarossa documentary
>3-4: The Mengele diaries
>4-5: DID HITLER HAVE PLANS TO GO TO THE MOON AS SOON AS 1946 AND START A GREATER GERMAN SOLAR SYSTEM REICH? No.
>5-6: NAZI TREASURE HUNTERS: THE SEARCH FOR HITLER'S LOST JEW GOLD
>6-7: WAS GITLER ACTUALLY A HOMOSEXUAL WITH GĂ–RING???? No.
>7-8: Mussolini: The betrayal of a century
>8-9: HITLER'S SEARCH FOR ANCIENT ADVANCED CIVILIZATIONS
>9-11: An extensive choppy interview of leading questions to old people who went to school with Hitler that will show you he was destined for evil at a young age.
Excerpt:
>So you're saying the young Hitler just came up and stole your toy train?
>We were having an argument over it and he just took it and stormed away
>But he stole your train right?
>Well it was his but he did take it from my hands...
>AND THERE WE HAVE IT, A YOUNG ADOLF HITLER SHOWING HIS TOTALITARIAN SELF AT A YOUNG AGE.

It was at least 4-5 inches flaccid.

Like this. And he wasn't circumcised.

>you can't be sure

And that, right there, is why we can't afford to forget about Hitler; because morons like you exist. But whatever, I'm sure Nazism is still a viable political system. Fourth time's the charm, right?

Look how it bounced in this video:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xdmXmQWSijk

>my ignorance is superior to your knowledge!

And going by your logic, were YOU there either? How is your viewpoint any more valid?

What an amazing schlong!

Why does no one care about his unusual genitalia???

Because the kings thumb is roughly the size of my thumb.

What about Hitler's thumb? I'm sure it was bigger than mine.

True, Hitler was just a dumb cuck

I'll say!

Wow!

He had them all back then

'I grew up knowing there's 13.5 fleeps in a bargon, and that a bargon is about the length of some sort of non-specific, platonic ideal of a housecat, and that means the fleep system is intuitive and suited to everyday measurements. I sure fucking hate multiples of ten applied consistently like someone who's not retarded might think to do."

>american channel
>documentaries about eastern front instead of more we won ww2 all alone-shit

>we won ww2 all alone-shit
what american program or publication claims this

Don't you have to pay to get it though?

I am from Austria and quite patriotic but painting the later parts of Hitler's reign as anything else than """crazy murderer""" is anything but true.
My grandfather was in the SS and did fucked up shit.

Quite a lot and about 99% of any american I asked in person.
The best the US did, same as in WW1 was supplying other factions.

US if anything really had to put in work in the pacific.

Well the SS was basically founded for that. Keeping everything in line, no matter the cost. DIdnt help that their leader was a napoleon complex occult fanatic.

The Wehrmacht on the other hand was completly different. Im from Germany and I think Hitler had to be assasinated for Germany to manage to survive the war. Hitler shouldve trusted his prussian generals too even tho they were elitist faggots when it came to non prussian military.

Not by a significant amount.