How do we feel about this?

How do we feel about this?

>Archbishop Paglia commissioned homosexual Argentinean Ricardo Cinalli to paint the cathedral mural in 2007. Covering the entire back wall of the cathedral church of the Diocese of Terni-Narni-Amelia, it depicts Jesus carrying nets to heaven filled with naked and semi-nude homosexuals, transsexuals, prostitutes, and drug dealers, jumbled together in erotic interactions.

lifesitenews.com/news/vatican-archbishops-x-rated-mural-reveals-an-indiscreet-sex-happy-manp

The archbishop was later appointed by Francis to head the Pontifical Academy for Life

Other urls found in this thread:

baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-non-greek-greek-orthodox-priest-20170624-story.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5bWHSpmXEJs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>catholic church slowly moving to fagdom
>protestantism already fag af

will the future be greek orthodox?

>the religion of Progressivism worships homosexuals, transsexuals, prostitutes, and drug dealers
You don't say

>Conversions gradually transforming Orthodox Christianity

>More than 70 percent of the roughly 75,000 Antiochian Orthodox Christians in the United States are converts. The Orthodox Church in America, with roots in Moscow and about 85,000 adherents, reports a 50 percent figure. In Greek Orthodox Christianity, by far the largest branch in the United States with almost 480,000 members, it's about 25 percent.

>"We have these ethnic titles in our names, but they refer to where our hierarchies reside," Gilbert says. "None of these [jurisdictions] believes the church is for Greeks or Russians or Serbs. It's a church for humans."

>The strength of Orthodox Christianity— also known as Eastern Christianity, Eastern Orthodoxy or Greek Orthodoxy — stems from the conviction that its traditions are the same as those practiced by Jesus' original followers, the 12 apostles, and the theologians who codified those practices in their writings over the first few centuries after his death.

baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-non-greek-greek-orthodox-priest-20170624-story.html

>implying faggotry isn't too big a part of traditional Greek culture for the Church to override it

>jumbled together in erotic interactions
so, posed exactly the same way as in classical art, got it

That's right, classical art has no place in church

Why not just translate it as poshlust (i.e. posh + lust)?

Everyone who played a hand in this should be excommunicated.

Jesus was a Fisher of Men. I think the painting is ultimately saying that in the end, God passes ultimate judgement on people's life choices, particularly those life choices that are strictly personal in nature, like who you're attracted to, what drug drags you into the pit of addiction, or other lifestyle choices. I think that humans, being inherently flawed by their self-serving animal nature, are never so far gone that redemption cannot be found in spirit and charitable, just acts in life.

Is there a human righteous enough to speak judgement in place of our all-knowing and all-loving/forgiving creator?

Personally I find the painting to be moving. I also believe in clean living and traditional values, but I don't presume to be in any position to judge others for what I consider to be bad life choices, so long as these choices don't affect or hurt people with no involvement in said choices. Then again, I don't believe in hell so I might not be the most orthodox Christian. I think God punishes the wicked by (kind of out there theory of mine) denying them everlasting peace upon death and sends them back to earth, the material plane of suffering and want. Maybe Joe Stalin is reborn to a life of pounding rocks in a north Korean concentration camp, or Hitler is a malnourished Palestinian kid who just had his father killed by a sniper and his house bulldozed by people looking for "lebensraum"

I feel it's time to jump the cathocuck ship.
>but muh pretty buildings
Save your soul. Stone houses can be destroyed and rebuilt. Your soul cannot.

Well if you want someone to draw naked men a poofter is a the logical choice isn't it?

Its time to jump any mainline religions ship mate.
Im a roman catholic baptized with water from the jordan, ever since i went to the vatican when i was a teen, the catholic church is the most demonic entity in this world to me.
The fucking evil vibe that vatican city has is unbelievable. Most unnerving place ive ever been and ive been to turkish dogfights.

By "traditional" do you mean from antiquity?

Try visiting Mount Athos, it will restore you

Because that pun doesn't thoroughly convey the definition

SO MUCH THIS!!!!

You aren't a Christian.

Being gay isn't prohibited by Christian doctrine, but sleeping with another man is. Clergy is often full of homosexuals who saw the church as a way out.

>Maybe Joe Stalin is reborn to a life of pounding rocks in a north Korean concentration camp, or Hitler is a malnourished Palestinian kid who just had his father killed by a sniper and his house bulldozed by people looking for "lebensraum"

Burn this heathen! There is no reincarnation!

In the 1960s the homosexual political activist groups made a deliberate effort to infiltrate the clergy in order to destroy the Church from within. The result was widespread sexual abuse of children.

Then what is a Christian?

Someone who accepts the Gospel, and by extension Christ's worldview

this is what nabokov suggested

I hate my country

I mean, when the Sistine chapel was finished they painted over the naughty parts because it was considered to obscene

Yes, but Nabakov is the epitome of poshlost, so he's not really the best source for its definition. For Nabokov, poshlost is "smug phillistinism", but more properly it means what is devoid of moral and spiritual value (can include small talk or gambling), but in a specialized sense it means such passing itself off as lofty and sublime.

I'm sorry, I just don't believe in eternal hellfire. I don't exactly believe in reincarnation either, I just think that an all-knowing and all-merciful creator would come up with something a less stupid than "if you fuck up your soul burns in hell forever". For one, that totally goes against the soul being a seperate entity from your earthly body, not to mention that we have been created with an inherent drive toward base animal impulses and instincts. Not to mention the billions of people that died in antiquity without ever hearing from christ or the jewish gods of the time. Sorry, but spirituality in the hands of human institutions has rarely led to more good than harm, which is why in this particular instance, despite my personal aversion to a life of debauchery and self-destruction through drugs, its refreshing to see the catholic church show that they can be humble by having a painting that basically says "The Christ can save and redeem whomever he wants, and we as the vatican are merely here to teach his good words rather than to try to pass judgement in his name. Also, save your judgemental attitude for God, I'm sure he'll get a bigger kick out of it than I do.

I guess I'm more a follower of the way Jesus taught others to live and the way he lived his own life than any of the other things in the bible, so I guess I'm more Christian than most Christians.

>Im a roman catholic baptized with water from the jordan
>vatican city
>ive been to turkish dogfights
You seem to have quite an interesting bio.

i don't get what's wrong. it shows jesus rescuing sinners.

Also, please don't tell me I can't pick and choose what parts of the bible I find prudent to living a healthy life and what parts are in my opinion, a load of totally misguided ancient notions or superstitions. That is, unless you fundamentally believe every line of the bible word for word, including the gospels that humans chose to keep out of the bible like that of Thomas, Judus, and Mary (the WHORE that ended up becoming one of Jesus' closest followers, and possibly his lover).

Didn't Jesus reincarnate? Isn't he supposed to do it again too?

Resurrection =/= reincarnation

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5bWHSpmXEJs

Are you sure? Was Jesus covered in blood, sores from exposure, and his waste, or look like a living corpse when he was "ressurected"? Would you recognize Jesus if he was born again thirty years ago? Would you recognize Hitler if he was was born again twenty years ago? Is jesus going to reincarnate when he returns or will the dust he has dissolved into by now come to life through resurrection?

Why do disgusting phoneposters think any of us are going to click on their shittube links? Go get hits for your meme somewhere else faggot.

So you are a young-earth creationist that takes every word of a ~2000 year old, debatably translated, and incomplete compilation of books and texts as the literal word of God?
Or are you a Christian, meaning that you follow Jesus' teachings and apply them to your life in a meaningful way? I'm a Christian, because I choose to live a life based on Jesus' words, teachings, and philosophy.

Kind of like being a Confucianist, but with Jesus at the helm.

If you choose to fundamentally believe in the "bible" as it exists today verbatim, and if you think such fundamental belief is the only path to christianity, I think you would be wise to broaden your horizons a bit.

Also, LOLOL UR A BUZZFEED HIPSTUR FGT

Before resurrecting, Jesus probably healed his wounds just like Wolverine

nope, he has Thomas put his fingers through his stab wounds

I believe in demons, I believe man was made from dust. But I am realistic enough to know these beliefs are insane by wordly standards, I'm honest with myself here. You however are deluding yourself if you think you can seperate Christ's philosophy from his fervent religion and his Messianic claims. If you are not prepared to believe in things that sound crazy, then don't claim to follow a cult that was considered lunacy even 2,000 years ago. Christ's Apostles were not killed for saying love your neighbor, and neither was Christ, they were killed for sounding like crackpots

I don't claim to follow a crazy messianic cult, and I fervently believe that I can seperate Jesus' philosophy from other things he's claimed to have said that in my opinion seems like charlatanism. I said I am a Christian because I follow his philosophy of life, which basically boils down to treating others as you wish they'd treat you. Empathy, modesty, being humble, compassion, good deeds, paying what is due, and not kowtowing to authority with roots in wickedness.

I'm not delusional in the slightest. Jesus, divine son of god, a man, or a mythical hero, holds a very important place in my sense of spirituality.

You can try to define a Christian as a person that believes X, or else they go too far or fall short of the mark. Go ahead and try it. You wouldn't be the first to say who is or isn't a real Christian, given the hundreds of christian institutions of differing denominations

>follow his philosophy of life, which basically boils down to treating others as you wish they'd treat you. Empathy, modesty, being humble, compassion, good deeds, paying what is due, and not kowtowing to
Plenty of philosophers have said this, countless. Saying this doesn't make a Christian, being Christian means believing Jesus is the Christ. If you don't think he's the Christ, you can't be a Christian, that's in THE VERY NAME!

I think being a Christian is a spectrum, but you don't meet even the barebones requirements.

Know what? You're right. I've fallen short of an arbitrary scale of required beliefs yet again. Damn, I'll never get to be a Christian now.