Death of Stalin film

youtube.com/watch?v=kPpXFnHoC-0
Looks kinda promising. I bet it will be banned in Russia.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A57gNcOdduo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's definitely gonna trigger some commies in the Internet

It's Paul Whitehouse!

It will probably trigger some people, but it probably won't actually get banned. As far as I'm aware, there's not even been a campaign against it like there is about the upcoming film about Tsar Nicholas II.

I'm pretty sure that Russia itself generally agrees that Stalin was a faggot.

Or at the very least, they don't put him on a pedestal like with Lenin.

Eh, in my experience and from polls I have seen, Stalin is better liked than Lenin. At the very least, most people respect him (for leading the country in WWII) even if they don't necessarily like him.

Also, this thread has an abundance of dubs.

>all the anrgy russians in the comments

Fucking wonderful. This is interview-tier triggering.

The best way to treat huge but retarded movements in history is with humour.

>british and american accents
>no one even comes close to looking like any of the politbureau when stalin died
>no one takin the film that seriously

im definitely not going to enjoy it unless the jokes are on point . theres loads of great intrigue they could have delved into here. The favorite to succeed stalin, beria, was literally a serial rapist.

I have high hopes for it, one of the actors is Michael Palin, a former Monty Python and noted Russophile who is basically a slavaboo.

Is it in any way related to the comic of the same name or is it just a coincidence?

>from the producer of VEEP and Thick of It

It is going to be great. Political satire is a necessity nowadays and Russians are pissy babies.

>no one taking the film that seriously

literally the whole point, it's a panto basically, they aren't going for realism, just pure comedy

>The favorite to succeed stalin, beria, was literally a serial rapist.
Go away with your fanfic Sebag de Montefiore

The Russian government literally dug up bodies of women at his residence.

I have no sympathies for the Russians or Commies. But the movie looks pretty cringeworthy and has that shit modern brand of comedy. Not really fond of everything being turned into a joke and was actually genuinely curious about a death of Stalin film.

Looks pretty meh. Will probably torrent for Michael Palin (he's funny) and Beria's execution scene.

I can appreciate the idea of turning this historical subject into a comedy, but the humor doesn't feel right to me. The don't seem to be very clever jokes at all.

HBO used to make a decent film about Stalin.
If your are insterested, but it's old though.
youtube.com/watch?v=A57gNcOdduo

>no fun allowed

Yeah, looks like a DUDE WEED tier comedy set in the Soviet Union to be controversial.

Thing about the Nicholas II film is that it suggest he had an affair. Considering Nicholas is now a Saint within the Russian Orthodox Church, such as suggestion is the equivalent to the Last Temptation of Christ.

Yeah, I'm aware. And if that film is allowed, I don't think that this film will be banned.

I thought Stalin's son had already killed himself in German captivity.

Stalin had more than one son. His first son died in captivity, one of his other ones was a Red Air Force officer (who, oddly enough, was held back in his career by his father).

>british and american accents

Yes, everyone faking a really bad Russian accent would really make the film better.

Seriously speaking though, I like the fact that they're not bothering with the accents. It's pretty obvious that they're aiming for a satirical take on the events and not a historical drama with comedy mixed in, though I'm not sure if the style of comedy used in The Thick of It/In the Loop and Veep will work in a historical, foreign setting. I guess we'll see.

Stalin is generally liked on the basis of him winning the Great Patriotic War.

Could they at least fucking try to have an accent?

>glacially writing a comedy revolving around state planners
>other people are realizing there's comic potential in the era
I need to write fast but humor too slow.