From a sociological or rather psychological perspective, how much does status and IQ really matter in mate selection...

From a sociological or rather psychological perspective, how much does status and IQ really matter in mate selection? This guy is a Harvard grad and worked at Google yet because of his face and frame I doubt he could get a legit 7 or even 6 for a girlfriend.

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

patreon.com/monstergirlisland
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Status is everything, IQ is nothing. Note that being a Harvard grad and working at Google does not give you real status, or not the right one to attract women. Status means respect and admiration from a large group of peers.

>Veeky Forums - advice on dating

IQ is a meme and the last thing retards who have not done anything in their life still cling onto to ease things on themselves
t. 137 IQ wagecuck

IQ is like dick size, doesn't matter how big it is if you don't use it however it is a real thing, it measures how well you process and manipulate abstract information.

Id rather /r9k/ crossboarders than /pol/

grill here

he's pretty attractive desu. or at least attractive enough to be never really be considered unattractive

Pick up a textbook by David M. Buss. I think different people look for different traits in a partner, though there are some generalities.

interesting standards
just curious, where do you live?

Dude he looks like he was birthed through a horse's asshole

What are you, a 5?

>reddit filename

What book would you recommend?

>height
>frame

OP is a Veeky Forumsizen user.

I mean from an objective standpoint the dudes not ugly, is he an 8? I wouldn't say so but I'd rank him a solid 5 or 6.

The smile/teeth and chin really carry him.

i live in nyc

I don't understand what you mean by interesting standards he's the cute nerdy type under no circumstances would he truly be considered unattractive

the /r9k/ MEMES have rotted your brain

IQ is basically a non-factor in mate selection unless it drastically increases your status

There's a reason virtually nobody in art or music school is a virgin

>nobody in art or music school is a virgin
Because they're all degens?

What does this have to do with Veeky Forums? Move onto another board you fucking retard.

You're projecting assumed personality traits on his looks. You wouldn't call him cute and nerdy if you didn't know he was a Harvard kid who worked at Google. Don't worry though all girls and most guys tend to do this.

>IQ is a meme
In which case, everything we know about human psychology is a meme, because there is a stronger correlation between productivity and IQ and success and IQ than there is between any other psychological construct and any domain of human achievement.

physiognomic stereotypes don't fall out of the sky, he'd still look like the nerdy type even if he spent his entire life in the coal mines

all girls and most guys do it for a reason obv

Engineers and scientists have way more horrifying fetishes and masturbate like crazy. But they lack the social skills to find someone to indulge in such carnal pleasures with.

See: every STEMfag who got a pity invitation to a party

Exactly. Yet every time ever that IQ is discussed on Veeky Forums, the overwhelming consensus is that IQ is meaningless, even though all the psychology papers say the exact opposite.

99% of every high-up government official/president/senator/... will have a very high IQ.
Even Hitler's associate had insanely high IQ's as tested in the Nuremberg trials.

Can someone explain to me why no one wants to acknowledge this fact?

Because IQ is racist and sexist

Wealth is racist and sexist too

There's statistical significance but it's not a great predictor of much of anything. It's far from an absolutely deterministic factor.

An IQ test is the best predictive test for many things like, education, wealth, success. It's definitely a great predictor.

IQ as a measurement of abstraction, makes it easier to learn game, but abstractions dry pussy up.

have to agree, IQ is a great predictor, if not the best predictor, of future success. That success is ofcourse probabilistic, its a propensity to do well, not a damned fate.

Im sure if you walked into a bar and said "I work for google" literally every bitch you come across would throw themselves at you. Unless you were at some high end place in silicone valley.

Pol just makes you look dumb.

So, if I make next Monstergirl Island and earn respect and money of large group of fapsters I get chicks?

No, because you only get respect from a band of outcast, not the whole, but probably you would get some atention from outcast chicks than are into monstergirl games, the whole two of them.

>tfw I wanted to go to art school, but my dad ordered me to pursue STEM

>patreon.com/monstergirlisland

At least the cash might attract some golddigger...

stop obsessing over this stuff dude,whocares anyway? its weird and unhealthy, and stop reading redpill/ (insert)pill subreddits

>From a sociological or rather psychological perspective, how much does status and IQ really matter in mate selection?
bigly

> worked at Google
So does Jose, the guy who cuts the lawn and cleans the bathroom.

What does he do? Is he a shit intern working for minimum wage, or is he the youngest VP at the company?

Position = status, not brand.

And yet Hitler's government was one of the most corrupt, incompetent and inefficient to ever exist in history, and politicians in general are seen as selfish, dishonest, and out-of-touch. Furthermore, managers often score lower compared to their skilled employees (though that doesn't make them stupid).

As stated, IQ is a measure of how quickly one processes information, nothing more, and can thus be misused and abused due to a lack of wisdom. Jack may have a score of 190, but if he uses his wits to skive instead of actually being productive then he's a poorer worker than Paul with a score of 100, but a much better work ethic.

He doesn't get chicks because of because of his face and frame, but because he doesn't have any game. Status and looks is the icing on the cake, but the cake is the game, if you don't have it, money, status, even looks won't get you far.

IQ is the best predictor of status and success. This isn't even up to debate at this point.

I have Evolutionary Psychology: The New Science of the Mind. I think he has a popular-science book version of it.
You can also just look at his google scholar page, and search for the related studies. Here's the prefered traits for female long-term mating:
- Good financial prospects
- Social status
- Older age
- Ambition/industriousness
- Size, strenth, and athletic ability
- Dependability and stability
- Love and commitment cues
- Positive interactions with children
- Size (height)
- Bravery
- Similar values
- Similar ages
- Similar personalities
- Physical attractiveness
- Symmetry
- Health
- Masculinity
That similar age and older age are listed is because of different "adaptive problems".

You do if they're into monstergirlisland

>best predictor != guarantee

And is it really 'success' if the only person who benefits from your own intelligence is yourself? Do you think the people who drove the US into recession for selfish motives are seen as 'geniuses'?

>Jew York
>finds the ugly jew attractive
it figures

High IQ doesn't correlaty with industriousness, but IQ still correlates with wealth and status. Which translates to you don't necessarily become a rocket scientist if you have high IQ, but if you haven't, you literally have zero chance to get far in life.

It's the best we have.

Status might help but height is sure as shit more important than IQ

Incorrect. Everything is always up for debate.

>yet because of his face and frame I doubt he could get a legit 7 or even 6 for a girlfriend
I disagree strongly. In my experience, as you hit your late 20s/early 30s, the balance of power between the sexes changes dramatically. Those 6s, 7s and even 8s and 9s start to look for guys who they can settle down with in the long-term. Good social skills, career and personality become very important at this stage. A good sense of humour and intelligence increase your value in the sexual marketplace. Good looking guys who don't have a lot going on in their lives are relegated to one-night stands between relationships. It's the guys who offer stability and good companionship that start to be valued highly.

I'm speaking from personal experience and from the experience of my peers. If you're socially adept and able to carry a conversation, you won't have trouble getting pretty girls even if you're a 5/10 or a 6/10 in terms of looks. At least that's my experience in a big city - it might be different if you live in a small town somewhere.

>settling with 30-something roasties used up by Chads
sounds like a terrible life plan, enjoy your divorce, losing half your shit and custody of your kids and paying child support for the next 20 years

>best predictor != guarantee
who said that?
what are you even saying with this arbitrary bs about who benefits from intelligence?

He does have status though, his IQ got him a PhD and he will not struggle to find a 6 figure job even with this controversy - this being true he has options despite hardly being a specimen, shy and socially awkward.
A lot of women would do anything for a guy like that.
>t. 137 IQ wagecuck
-Someone meant for a menial job but has allowed an online test convince him he shouldn't blow his brains out.

Well, in theory you can, but this is the one of closest things to scientific truth we have in psychology, so then you have to go down that way.

Not much, not on all girls. But it's relevance is not 0. It counts if you can make her laugh a lot. IQ helps in being funny sometimes.

It's almost as if intelligence doesn't directly correlate with strong leadership skills or a perfectly functioning group of human beings instead of a bunch of conflicts due to everyone being too intelligent to listen to others. It's almost as if socialization was as important a factor as brains.

The truly intelligent realized this. Police agencies screen out intelligence unless they're looking for management for such reasons and I'm sure other places do it too.