Would the Inca have a chance of becoming a great world power if the Spanish had left them alone?

Would the Inca have a chance of becoming a great world power if the Spanish had left them alone?

No. They were a bronze age tier civilization, except they didn't even have writing and the wheel.

With european tech and trade? Possibly.
The empire was heading fast to civil war, but then every empire in history had civil wars.

Yes, if they had not been destroyed and took the tech like japan did, adapted firearms and other things learning fromt he west without losing their culture.

they were communist, you know
**collapse***

I think East Asian countries of Japan and China are the only successful cases of backwards nations becoming superpowers simply thanks to western tech and administration doctrines. It didn't happen anywhere else in the world, surely not in Latin America or Africa.

which civilizations managed this early on apart from japan?

there are lots of examples of countries bouncing back from being colonized and exploited, but i can't think of many off the top of my head that made contact with europe avoided colonization altogether. i know they have to exist, but would the inca actually have been able to do this?

Yes, Inca~Mesopotamia in the 4th millennium B.C., objectively speaking. They would've had 5 millennia of catching up to do.

Japan is a total anomaly when it comes to this.

The mapuche technically did I guess, but only with their weaponry.

They would never be as big as Europe because they didnt have alot of competition

bronze age tier doesn't really mean anything, all bronze age civilizations were pretty different from one another

Bronze age technologically.

Not all bronze age civilization had the same technology, some had complex architecture, others had less monumental architecture but more advanced infrastructure such as sewers, aqueducts, bridges etc

Well, lets be honest, western europe did not invent iron smelting nor the wheel nor horse domestication. They learned it from trade with the crescent eastern people. That beign said, it makes sense that the inca could easily adapt new technology like the plain natives did with firearms and horseriding. Its not like if you dont know about something you will never learn it.

They had an offset of 15000 years.

If you mean getting firearms, even fucking ainu and west africans got them pretty soon

No.
People fail to remember that they were almost extint has a culture when the Hispanics got there

>western europe
>western
Why be so specific? Eastern europe exists too and that's where domesticated horses come from.

I could see them having the mentality to do so. These /pol/ posters act they invented the primitive/savage shitpost. Well I have news for them, it was actually invented and perfected by the Incas and used for the people of the Amazon basin. Up to this day they ridiculize them in a dance called "chunchos."

That's his point, duh.

>civilized vs savage mentality
>invented by the incas
I didn't know Incas lived in classical Greece.

What do you guys think the world would be like if there was a huge empire across the entire American continent?

I don't think it is, it seems like he's implying literally anyone could follow the path of Japan.

It's not about Japanese exceptionalism if that's what you're trying to say. They were given privileges that other nations didn't receive.

That's wrong. The diseases was the factor that terminated their population but the state resistance wasn't completely beat until spanish reinforcements came.

Unrecognizable, not least because such a world would probably require magic to be real.

eastern europeans didn't domesticate a damn thing lmao

japan wasn't preliterate, already had some limited contact with the west, and was not near as far behind on tech

But they started the civilization race thousands years after the rest.

They were superior to Eurangutans.

The Inca adopted european technology, though and really fast

Manco Inca at the Battle of Ollantaytambo in 1537 (just five years after the spanish landing in Peru of 1532), was completely covered in plate ala spanish, holding a spanish sword and shield, and even riding a spanish horse.

By the time when he ruled the Neo-Inca Kingdom of Vilcabamba, the inca had cavalry, used european weapons and armor, and knew how to make gunpowder and iron.

But Vilcabamba was going through some serious difficulties because of diseases. The smallpox particularly, the spanish missionaries living in the kingdom recorded epidemics of it, diseases and war severely lowered the native population, and Vilcabamaba wasn't very populated to begin with. Even Tupac Amaru the last Neo-inca ruler caught smallpox, when he and his family were taken to Cuzco they were sick with pustules and fever.

But the Greeks were primitive compared to the Incas

Wrong. Incas were proto-mycenaean tier, probably minoan, but still.

This is from 450bc, compare it to the stone work in OPs picture.

>This is from a civilization that had influence from several mother civilizations and got past bronze age when incans were in diapers.
I do get your point and I agree with you that greeks were way more advanced. But incas were definitively more advanced than barbaric europe definitively

Based Peruvian poster

So you agree?

>Agreeing with peruANOs

Moor detected.

F-FUCK YOU!

Disease absolutely destroyed the inca and the pre-columbian andes in general.
Imagine around 70-80% (to even 90% in some tribes or demographics) of people dying. The many cultures, peoples, and markets existing in the area either completely collapsed or were an unrecoverable shattered shell of their former selves. The main governments which maintained stability and order and projected power to maintain that order would've collapsed as well. Security and protection against any forces like the Spanish or raiding tribes that could come from the North, the Amazon, or from south Chile/Argentina would no longer be there, nor would any protection or help against natural disasters/events like El Nino and crop failure.
It also didn't help that the Spanish came in, tore down the government that maintained stability in the area (the Inca), and pretty much enslaved a lot of them, using them as fodder to mine the minerals in the mountains like silver and gold or to farm stuff like foods or cotton in the coast. It destroyed any chance of recovery for the people in the region, displacing the previous cultures, left the natives poor, and made demographic recovery for the natives incredibly hard until the modern era. Peru, in modern borders, had gone from a pre-columbian population of around 10 million to less than a million in the aftermath of the introduced diseases and the Spanish.

Long story short, they would have a tough time recovering and become a world power, but it would definitely be possible. It would require them for the Spanish and the Euros to ignore their rumored material wealth that was within the Incan Empire borders but if trade relations could be established then chances are that the Incas could learn, adapt, and improve to survive and thrive as a world power. They had pretty good engineering in their works so I think it is definitely possible.
The Incas would have to learn writing and reading however, to be able to access and catalog most of the knowledge and books held by the Europeans.

Blatant bullshit, horses were first domesticated in what is now the Ukraine.