Don't worry guys, the British aren't even that strong!

Don't worry guys, the British aren't even that strong!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_Defence_White_Paper
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Seriously, what the fuck did they think was going to happen?

Reminder that the US was obligated to help Argentina but refused to. Fuck the fascist Reagan.

He just did it to gain popular support.

>holy fuck guys we are going to fight against the HUEG British Empire, those who have nukes and shitloads of ships, imagine if we win, I know this is pure bullshit but if it works...

Also, he thought the USA will support Argentina because of the Monroe Doctrine. If the USA intervened then the fucklands will be called Malvinas for real and not just in spanish dubs.

Was he a German descendant?

Italian hence why he did that. Mussolini did the same shit and thought Germany was going to win.

That isn't how the Monroe doctrine works

I can't believe they genuinely believed America would intervene on their behalf - that's totally fucking dumb. Surely they weren't that dumb.

Reminder NATO exists
Reminder the Monroe Doctrine refers to European aggression, not totally moronic wars of conquest by Latin Americans.

I can't believe the Brits still foot the bill for them!

It's hilarious, because if the Argentinians had just waited a bit longer they would have had a chance. The British were going to massively reduce the Navy, especially it's long-range capabilities according to this plan en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_Defence_White_Paper
Plus, waiting would have given the Argentinians more time to get their Exocet's.

anyone that honestly thinks the US will ever betray mommy is kidding themselves. Sure, we have a shaky relationship with dad (France) but we're momma's boys over here and have always had Britain's back. Doctrines, laws, and alliances be damned, anglos before hoes.

>all this mum and dad polandball shit

Stop.

im telling mom that you made fun of me, youre gonna get it! (I'd tell dad but he's in the hospital from getting in bar fights with muslims)

I don't think you grasp what Fascism is

>Fascist
>keeping people out of wars

>attack first
>fuck you ameriga why aren't you helping me we signed a defense pac- oh fugg :DDD

cringe

>obligated to help in an idiotic war of conquest started to distract population from real problems
Sure.

Can someone who dosent know alot about this war explain more of Argentinas reasoning? Surley they knew if Britan struck back theyed lose. But mabye not i guess.

So did they expect america to hold britan back or even help them? Did they expect to hold off the first british assult and sue for peace? What was their endgame for a war winning senario? I know with hindsight it just might seem like argies were being retards but they must have had some military/geopolitical reasons for starting the war against a far superior power.

Err i ment expain it to someone who dosent know alot about this war

They thought the Brits would attack back. A lot of people forget how pathetic they were back then. If Thatcher wasn't in charge Argentina would control the falklands

*wouldn't

I'm not sure what to make of this...

Reagan was buddies with Tatcher, he didn't want to harm the "Special Relationship".

They didn't think the Brits would do anything. And their government was doing very badly so the whole thing was to distract the population and stir up patriotism.