Why the FUCK did the Germans need 400,000 men to occupy Norway(population: 3 million)?

Why the FUCK did the Germans need 400,000 men to occupy Norway(population: 3 million)?

Mongoloid Huns fear the Nordic warrior

Norway got a really long coast.

To guard it from invasion dummy

They didnt want the allies use it as a means to enter the mainland.

They needed troops stationed to interrupt lend-lease shipments to Murmansk, with U-boat bases for re-fueling as well as coastal batteries to fire upon liberty ships that got in range.

Norway's coast was also used as the home base for the Kriegsmarine's surface fleet, where the Tirpitz guarded the Danish straits.

Also, why didnt the Scandinavian countries welcome their liberators?

Norway is mountainous as shit. Invasion of Norway was the longest German campaign in the West, even longer than battle of France. It took them two months to defeat 6 Norwegian divisions, exluding British corps of approximately 3 divisions.

There was a constant danger of British attack throughout the war and Norway had to be guarded well. Also Norwegian resistance was very active. Quisling was almost universally hated and his name became synonomous with Nazi collaboration for a good reason.

Norway is long.

They did

Liberators from what?

From the International Jewry of course

Needed the Steel to build the Wehrmacht.

Wtf I love nazi occupations now!

source?

Who did they Kill in Norway?

bork bork never forget the six thousand!!

Commies

To be honest, they probably didn't. It's not one of the biggest mistakes in terms of magnitude and effect on the war, but you look at military historians evaluations of Hitler's biggest blunders on a basis of deviation from a hypothetical "normal" conduct of the war, and sending all those troops to Norway and not elsewhere is usually ranked pretty high.

Obviously, leaving them completely unguarded isn't the answer either, but you don't need 13 divisions there.

Ah.

People who wanted an independent Norway

Because of Hitler's dick.

Autism

>Mein Fuhrer, we are running out of manpower because of your reckless military leadership
>JUST CONSCRIPT SCHOOLCHILDREN AND PENSIONERS LOL
>Mein Fuhrer, what about these 400,000 able-bodied soldiers we have sitting around in Norway?
>FUCK THAT SHIT. CONSCRIPT THE TODDLERS TOO.

White people. "Conservatives" killing white people is a Norwegian tradition.

>Go so far north there is no roads anymore, only skiing
>Locals are better at that, and used to snow contrast
>Northeren northeners are only kept in line by contrast threat of bombing apart their cities
>Still bomb their cities at end of war, to halt soviet Advance
Nazi Occupation, not even fucking once.

Commies, Resistance People, and people who looked the wrong way.

>Norway is neutral
>Sweden is neutral
>Germany needs ore from Sweden, port of Narvik in Norway
>Britain VIOLATES Norwegian sea space and places mines there to sink German ships
>Churchhill plans to INVADE Norway
>Germany finds out and helps Norway before the Anglos can enslave them
>the cowardly government with the English queen and Danish king flee to England
>ENGLAND and France support terrorists cells in Norway to undermine the new legit government (sort of like when America supported Islamists in Syria and Afganistan)
>more Norwegians volunteer to fight the Red Army than fight against the Germans
this is real history!!! the english fucked Norway over

G*rms feared the Norse warrior

Poland attacked Germany first!!!

they did genocide ethnic germans
germany created poland and they only wanted to be connected to East Prussia and Danzig
the ethnic germans in Poland were suffering and Hitler had no choice

read official statements, Hitler wanted a peaceful annexation of parts of Poland
like how it went with Austria
one home for one people

pls give me non-stormcuck sources

>Why didn't Poland just submit to German demands like the Czechs did! I'm sure Germany wouldn't annex ANOTHER country after signing a treaty with Germany.

>read official statements
you realize that ""official"" statements, especially in nazi germany, were almost always the "government spin" if not outright propaganda to make the Nazi's look good no matter what?

>austrian annexation
>peaceful
get a load of this cuck

why would hitler lie? I don't think you understand how many ethnic germans lived in poland at the time

>Why would a politician lie?

Communists aren't white

Not a source that germans were persecuted en masse before the invasion by germany

As you can see, no expenses were spared to protect this long country of ours.

>ethnically cleanse poles during partition of Poland
>get mad once the same thing happens to germans once Poland becomes a state again
Stormfags' knowledge of German history begins at 1918 and ends at 1945.

>8k civillian deaths
that's what you get for abandoning the finns in the winter war, faggots

for you

Germans lied about starting a world war, you think they wont lie about a 9 year old?

>ethnic cleansing during partitions
Wut. Look, I love me some Polan, but at best you can say that the Prussians engaged in cultural suppression during the Kulturkampf, and that was way after the partitions. Old Fritz didn't care much for the Poles, he thought they were a nation of idiots with superfluous letters in their words, but neither he nor his immediate successors went out of their way to shit on them.

So far as I know, the only major anti-Polish action done by Germans up until that point would be the murder and expulsion of the Poles in Danzig by the Teutonic Order.

The Russians, on the other hand, probably fucked the Poles hard after the partitions and then gaining Congress Poland from Prussia after the Napoleonic Wars.

Because if you lose Narvik, you lose the port that ships 70 to 100 percent of Swedish iron to Germany, which itself makes up around 40% of Germany's total iron supply.

>Old Fritz didn't care much for the Poles
He started it all. Him and Bismarck were jerk off fantasy of Hitler.

the 400k is a made up number by norgayans to cover their collaboration
that was the final number in 1945, when everyone and their dog was fleeing from the soviets

even so the so called occupation forces were
german navy, stationed in norway
luftwaffe, operating from norway against allied convoys
reverse divisions (lower number of regiments, no heavy weaponry)
static divisions (coastal fortresses)

so all in all, norwegians try to picture military bases and ongoing operations as if they were brutally occupied
the wiki page is extremely funny

>demanding land held prior to treaty of versailles
that had a significant german population anyway
>poles chimping out
makes sense to me

>the only parallel would be Canada
Canucks BTFO

Shit!

>that had a significant german population anyway
It didn't.
Why do you think history starts in 1918? I will tell you why, because you're an american idiot that has no education.

>It didn't
>posts map that shows relative majorities of 40%
taking into account other minorities even the population in West Poland WAS significant, you butthurt plumber

>40% vs 60%
And you have audacity to call anyone dumb. Are you a self-hating Polack by any chance?

There is no Poland without Greater Poland. It's a literal core of Polish identity and culture.

Read my two posts there Wajówskiy, I said there was a significant population and never claimed there was a majority, and that the lands had been historically held by Germany, making this wrangling over who was in the wrong over wanting the land arbitrary and entirely dependent on your perspective as either an arse ravished Germ or Pole.

>and that the lands had been historically held by Germany
They weren't. History doesn't start with Prussia.

But Prussia is history, so going from when the land was conquered and colonized to when WWI broke out you have a respectable number of years, when you deem it held "rightfully" after so long is again arbitrary, expecting Hitler to just ignore the hundreds of thousands of Germans living in land given to Poland after the humiliation of WWI would be unreasonable.
I could find a parallel in my own country to an extent with the Protestants who got their state in Northern Ireland, it would've been unreasonable to have sent them packing back to Scotland in the event that the partition here was never imposed, despite them only residing there for a 2+ centuries in the majority of cases.

>Being Mick scum
Argument dismissed.

Yes, it was all German. We know that right. What was before doesn't matter.

You're posting on a Germano-Japanese-Gaelic website buachall.

I'm saying all this shitposting about who rightfully held what doesn't matter ultimately and what is actually material is the fact of the large minority of Germans within the borders of Poland prior to WWII as a result of WWI.

This a purely an Anglo-Japanese website. You Micks need to get over yourselves and rejoin the UK.

>get btfo with "it was german guis XD"
>it doesn't matter lmao
Stop.

kek.

But its this, its the long ass coast they needed to guard. A Wehrmacht soldier hit the jackpot when he got send to Norway after capitualtion, just chilling at the sea. The poor bastards being send to east tho, had a horrible time.
I dont know what it is with conquerers once they get too sucessfull but they all get rekt by their own retardation ( napleon and hitler just not caring about babushka nature)

>btfo
You haven't changed the fact that it was German land for centuries as well, if you're talking about rights to land I could say Poland doesn't rightfully hold any land the Polish people hadn't occupied in the majority for 800+ years and it'd be just as correct as saying 200 or 300 or 400 and just as relevant to the fact of people living there.

Fuck off Paddy.

This here - You could find a lot of excuses for Germany but after they broke the Munich treaty then why would anyone ever trust them to keep their word?