We all talk about the most benign dictators in history, but what about the most popular among their people?

we all talk about the most benign dictators in history, but what about the most popular among their people?

taking the obvious

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TgzrI1okwrQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

YOU "BENEVOLENT", NOT "BENIGN".

ONTOPIC:

— MUAMMAR QADDAFI.

— AGUSTÍN DE ITURBIDE.

— AKHNATON.

— THOMAS SANKARA.

— HUGO CHAVEZ.

>YOU [MEAN] "BENEVOLENT", NOT "BENIGN".

Move aside memes.

What the fuck is your formatting?

He was popular most of the time until he started to lose battles.

Hello newfriend. He is a schizo spic tripfag who types everything in caps lock because he thinks it isn't supposed to be read as yelling.

He's a spic? What about the sandrunes in his tripcode?

He thinks he's Aryan or some shit, pay it no mind

Well, Caesar created a calendar that is still used today during his time as dictator. That's something.

Who can tell anymore?

Ah yes, the elusive aryan spic vampire jew

>filename.duckduckfuck.go.png

;-)

>gets worshipped to this day

I thought he was egyptian. Or am I confusing him?

Hitler was not a dictator, he was democratically elected by the people and he won reelections every time. He wasn't a dictator because he listened to the German people.

Wasn't Emperor Nero actually liked by the common people even though the senate and nobility hated him to death?

That's now how it works you goddamn brainlet. Is Trump a dictator because he have shitty ratings?

>Hitler was not a dictator
he was a dictator. it doesn't matter if you get elected into power, once you supersede the constitution and rule of law and institute personal rule for perpetuity you become a dictator.
>he was democratically elected
He wasn't elected democratically. He became reich chancellor by legal-constitutional, not democratic ones. There is a difference. His party also never gained more than 36 percent or so of the vote, so he didn't have a popular mandate either.

No Trump never claimed to be a dictator and I would say though that Trump is more a of a dictator in that he is serving Wallstreet and the Plutocracy while Hitler was democratically elected by the German people. He wasn't a dictator.

He won like 30% of the vote in an election where less than half of the population voted. And if Hitler was so loved he wouldn't have needed the Gestapo.

Sounds like Trump is doing that right now.

>once you supersede the constitution and rule of law and institute personal rule for perpetuity you become a dictator.

Not him but wasn't the way Hitler did it technically legal?

trump was not elected democratically (50% or more of the vote), but also by constitutional-legal methods as well (because of the electoral college), so in that your correct. But Hitler was smarter than Trump and a better politician, and Hitler also had at his command a huge political party built for him by him by his devoted followers.

No he wasn't. He didn't suspend the Constitution because it was already suspended by the so called "democratic" Weimar Republic. And the rule of law was practiced under Mr. Hitler. So he's not a dictator.

He won 87% of the vote in 1933 and the Gestapo was there to prevent a communist takeover. The Gestapo was like the FBI, they only arrested terrorists and trouble makers. People weren't afraid of the Gestapo because the Gestapo didn't go after people who exercised their freedom of speech. Hitler respected rights.

>technically
it "appeared" technical, but it really wasn't. to pass the enabling act, for example, communists were banned from reichstag, the social democrats and other opposition were put under intense psychological and physical pressure and the threat of violence was looming over the whole affair as storm troopers surrounded the building during the vote. They also outright disqualified lots of reichstag members from voting.

>He didn't suspend the Constitution because it was already suspended by the so called "democratic" Weimar Republic.
If the constitution was suspended than the whole system shouldn't have existed. Yes, there was a conservative tinkering and stretching of the constitution already, but the Weimar constitution was still intact and all the institutions were still there until Hitler exploded the whole thing.
>And the rule of law was practiced under Mr. Hitler.
HAHAHAHAH. Yes I'm sure the SA orgy of violence that followed Hitler's appointment to chancellor, its beating up of jews, its torture of communists trade unionists and socdems was in strict accordance with the rule of law, especially since Hitler and co. personally pardoned a lot of those SA crimes! I'm sure the SA harassing people for a year until the Night of the Long Knives was the rule of law too!

Sort of, but even if his dictatorship was established legally it was still a dictatorship

The violence was exaggerated and the SS was the terrorist organization that killed 6 million jews. I believe that, but Mr. Hitler wasn't a dictator and he did follow the rule of law. Sure he might have broken a few laws to allow some SA patriots off the hook but he still followed the rule of law at the time. I think he should have reformed himself but I wouldn't consider him a dictator.

>He won 87% of the vote in 1933
What the FUCK are you getting this from?
>Gestapo was there to prevent a communist takeover.
[citation needed]
the communist threat was a huge spook constructed by hitler and goebbels to scare germans into supporting the Nazi regime.
>The Gestapo was like the FBI, they only arrested terrorists and trouble makers.
They arrested anyone who spoke out against the regime, in contradiction to the freedom of speech permitted in the weimar constitution.
>People weren't afraid of the Gestapo
People were intensely afraid of it, to the point where they thought that they were everywhere despite their being more limited than people thought. People even started getting nightmares about them for no reason.
>Hitler respected rights.
lmao

With the exception of the SS terrorists harassing the poor Jewish people, the Gestapo and the Reich government was very democratic and they didn't arrest a lot of people. They probably arrested around 60 people. So they had nothing to fear, they only had to fear the SS terrorists.

>The violence was exaggerated
tell that to the people brutally beaten in SA party headquarters for no reason other than being opposition. It was extremely brutal. Of course, most people didn't suffer but those who were political enemies and then later criminals of all types (regardless the severity of their crimes) were targeted and put into concentration camps.
>SS was the terrorist organization that killed 6 million jews.
this is a whole other story and that wouldn't be for ten years or so, we're talking about peacetime Nazis.
> Mr. Hitler wasn't a dictator and he did follow the rule of law.
you keep saying that but its simply not true.
> Sure he might have broken a few laws to allow some SA patriots off the hook
This is by definition a breach of the rule of law. There are no exceptions. And we're talking about hundreds if not thousands of SA let off the hook for their crimes.
> but I wouldn't consider him a dictator.
that's all fine but he checks all the boxes for what we consider a modern dictator.

But its the truth though. Yes the SS did arrest people and put them in camps but they were acting outside of the law, Mr. Hitler and the Gestapo and the Reich government wasn't breaking the law. And I just refuse to believe in your propaganda against Hitler. He wasn't a dictator, he just wasn't one. He only ruled for 12 years, that's not long for a dictator, now if he ruled until he died later on, then yes he would be a dictator but as far as I am concerned, no he doesn't fit the definition of a dictator.

The Enabling Act of 1933 gave Hitler dictatorial powers through a constitutional amendment. He did not have to consult anyone before making any law from that point forward. It completely bypassed the Reichstag, his legislative body. It allowed them to ban all parties that weren't the Nazi party. He took conmplete control of the media in every form, using his powers to practically uproot and change the culture of Germany in a short amount of time. His judicial branch became just another department that rubber stamped, in very colorful fashion sometimes, Hitler's will. Furthermore, he later was given the power of life and death over every single German citizen.

The term "Führer" means leader "leader," and that is exactly what Hitler proclaimed himself upon the death of a President Hindenburg in 1934. The phrase "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer" is a great example of just how Hitler saw this title that he had adorned himself. The Führer was the ultimate leader, the person who oversaw every decision in terms of broad outlook. He conferred with people, sure, but unless he agreed with them in the first place, he didn't take your words into consideration often.

The definition of "dictator" is someone who rules with absolute power. Hitler ruled with absolute power.

He would've ruled until he died. He was even declared for life. He died as the absolute dictator of Germany in 1945. Had he not been killed because of his own decisions, he was at the top for good. Say what you want about Hitler, but he was a dictator. He was the law. He knew what was going on.

The term Fuhrer doesn't imply a dictator. We use a similar term in America called the Chief. Well technically, its the President but we will refer to our President as "Hail to the Chief" and we don't think the President as a dictator. So I don't consider that a sign that Mr. Hitler ruled as a dictator. He just wasn't one, he would have stepped down if Poland and the UK left Germany alone. And the Enabling Act of 1933 was only a temporary measure that would have been repealed later on. And the Enabling Act was actually meant to go after the SS terrorists but Hitler couldn't act as a dictator because a lot of Germans loved the SS so he couldn't do much to stop the SS terrorists. So the fact that Mr. Hitler couldn't ban the SS is a sign that a democratic style of government was part of the Reich government.
I still don't think he was a dictator.

Why did the germans love hitler so much? Was it their mutual love of cuckoldry?

Why did nazis kill so many non-jewish civilians?

Mother fucking tito

Is this bait or stupidity?

Nope its neither. Its me telling it how it is and how history really played out. You see unlike /pol/ which denies the Holocaust vehemently, I recognize the horrors of the Holocaust committed by the SS terrorist group. However though, Mr. Hitler still wasn't a dictator because well look at my previous posts in order for you to understand where I am getting from. I don't like to repeat myself all the time. But this is the truth, Mr. Hitler wasn't a dictator and the Gestapo was well loved and supported by everyone in Germany. The Reich government was very popular among the masses.

He literally hates lower case letters and is trying to somehow autistically revive the style of writing done in the Roman empire
He's mentally ill. Just ignore him whenever you see him and don't feed him.

Hitler wasn't democratically elected,

>he listened to the German people.
No he didn't.

on 10th February 1933, he said:

"Deutsches Volk, gib uns vier Jahre, und ich schwöre dir: So wie wir, und so wie ich in dieses Amt eintrat, so will ich dann gehen."

which translates to:

"German people, give us four years, and I swear: Just as we, and just as I came into office, so will I then leave it."

what became of Hitler's promise 4 years later? By 1937 he was dictator for life, and anyone publicly criticizing the Nazi party would be put in a camp, if not executed for treason to the German people, because the NSDAP had been deemed the one and only representative of the German people, as Adolf Hitler attested during the Parteitag in early September 1934

>Mr. Hitler wasn't a dictator and the Gestapo was well loved and supported by everyone in Germany. The Reich government was very popular among the masses.
Goebbels, is that you?

He would have left office by 1937 but Poland the rest of the world was threatening Germany so he had no choice, he was up all night crying lamenting that he had to rule for another few years or so. He was bawling his eyes out over the fact that he had let the German people down, he would have really left office, honest, I swear.
Nope. This isn't Goebbels, just a daily reminder to let you know that Mr. Hitler wasn't a dictator and that the Gestapo was supported and loved by everyone in Germany, even the Jews were allowed to report the terroristic crimes of the SS to the friendly neighborly Gestapo.

>Poland and the rest of the world was threatening Germany
It's the reverse

>— AKHNATON.
>popular
imagine being this retarded

I dont know about "mr.hitler" but it is historically proven that the people of the USSR loved Stalin for leading them to victory in The Great Patriotic War:

youtube.com/watch?v=TgzrI1okwrQ

>mr. hitler
>friendly neighborly gestapo
ye it's b8

Nope its not bait, its the truth and I am being for real. Look it up, friendly neighborhood Gestapo. They really did care about and loved the German people.

AKHNATON WAS DETESTED ONLY BY THE PRIESTLY CLASS.

>Well technically, its the President but we will refer to our President as "Hail to the Chief" and we don't think the President as a dictator.
Weimar had a president already. Reich president Hindenburg was the last of them and unlike Hitler he WAS democratically elected. He actually beat Hitler in 1933 when he ran for reelection. When Hindenburg died, though, Hitler merged the office of Chancellor (which he was at that time, its equivalent to Prime Minister in parliamentary system) and President into one office to consolidate all supreme authority in the country.

>Love me or else..

>He just wasn't one, he would have stepped down if Poland and the UK left Germany alone.
Why base your position on such an arbitrary reason. BTW Britain and Poland did try to leave Germany alone. See Munich Agreement and Polish troop dispositions before the German invasion. They did not want to be aggressors but rather Hitler's aggression was out of control.
>And the Enabling Act of 1933 was only a temporary measure that would have been repealed later on.
Which is why Hitler made his position permanent BY LAW?
>to go after the SS terrorists
what? SS wasn't even a serious force at this time. SS became powerful only after 1934 when Hitler destroyed the SA as a power. You need to get your chronology right.
>because a lot of Germans loved the SS so he couldn't do much to stop the SS terrorists.
Again, what are you talking about? This doesn't make sense. If you mean SA Germans absolutely despised the SA thugs as they were imperious and disrupting order and law. This is why a lot of the Germans supported the Night of the Long Knives, as Hitler presented it to them (with great distortions obviously).
>a sign that a democratic style of government was part of the Reich government.
"Style" is different from "substance". Style is merely cosmetic appearance whereas substance would be a real system of democratic governance where the people have a significant voice in the affairs of the state. Your use of "democracy" is as fast and loose as Hitler used it when he rigged plebiscites to give the appearance of democratic legitimacy without that actual democracy.

any sources to back this up?

Everything you said about Mr. Hitler was completely biased and wrong. Good day sir, I don't need to be brainwashed by you at all. I will keep saying it, Hitler was not a dictator.

he was certainly not popular among jewish germans

Cincinnatus wasn't a dictator either then?

>Everything you said about Mr. Hitler was completely biased and wrong.
source?
>Good day sir, I don't need to be brainwashed by you at all.
good bye, my bluepilled friend.
>Hitler was not a dictator.
stating lies again and again does not make it true

His popularity took a deep hit after the fire, his decision to raze large sections that were laid waste to clear land for his ludicrously opulent golden palace was seen as overly callous. He also tried to pin the blame for the fire on christian saboteurs, which he used to justify his brutal crackdown on them. There wasn't any real evidence to support his claim, and the treatment endured by the christians actually caused them to garner public sympathy.

Yes it does and I don't know what the fuck "bluepilled" means if that is supposed to mean something, I don't know what that fucking means.

And yes I will keep saying it over again, he wasn't a dictator. He wasn't a dictator. He was a liberal leader.