Total crypto market cap

Has anything like this ever happened before?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_asset_price_bubble
rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-great-american-bubble-machine-20100405
nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/hyperbitcoinization/
nakamotoinstitute.org/about/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

logarithmic scale

How high can we go?

HIGH AS MUCH AS YO MAMA IS FAT HAHHA
k

Yes, with any kind of new technology.

Give me an example. Apple or Googles stock was never like this.

This time it's different.

how the fuck are "apple" or "google" new technology? apple = computer company = not new tech. google = search engine = not new tech

he's talking about technology, not companies riding technological waves you FUCKING RETARD

look at internet usage. look at car usage. look at phone usage, and so on. andreas antonopolous talks about this type of shit regularly

3 Trillion before the bubble pops

Yes, it's called bubble or craze. You will recognise this pattern when you have seen some. It's going to crash eventually and some people who got in early get rich, other people who got out early enough make some money and a lot of people are going to lose a lot of money. It's not sure when it's going to crash. It depends on how crazy the people get. Bitcoin is as far as I know the craziest bubble in the history of investment. So it could crash soon or late. The slope can tell you when to invest and when to get out.

no asset in human history has ever risen in price to the magnitude that bitcoin has.

But the car usage graphs look nothing like it you FUCKING RETARD.
It increased slowly over decades.

>Yes, it's called bubble or craze. You will recognise this pattern when you have seen some
Please give me an example. Show me a graph where this has happened before

>NT lowest car usage
darn abos

dotcom bubble was trillions

>Bitcoin is as far as I know the craziest bubble in the history of investment.

I think about this pretty much all day every day and it makes me happy

Look at the charts during the industrial revolution

stop trying to predict the future you goddamn imbecile. By calling it a bubble you are implying it will not increase in value overtime

it will start to suck usd and eur to itself eventually with this phase

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

Just one example. People thought flowers are as valuable as real estate.

tulips depreciate in value extremely quickly because they dry up and turn into dust; FFFUUUUCCCCCKKKKK YYYOOOOUUU

dotcom bubble had actual products/value not just whitepapers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_asset_price_bubble

Okay, how about something more resistant to deterioration like real estate in Japan in the 80s. You'll find others too.

>pets.com was a product with value

the dotcom bubble was literally shitcoins in website form

tulips

how can someone so retarded own a computer

it's called speculation, and a vast majority of dotcoms failed. we have billions to go before crypto collapses.

No it didn't, Goldman Sachs was pumping thousands of IPO's of people who only had an idea and were a company of a single guy with zero experience, most of them didn't even got to the useless website phase like pets.com
Of course there were some that had actual products and services, even then most didn't survive, and the few that did are the behemoths of today
rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-great-american-bubble-machine-20100405

That rise lasted for 10 years. The Crypto boom has only been going on for 6 months

this

i mean holy shit it has to be bait there's no way he's that retarded

>pets.com had actual value

No mate.

What will be the pets.com coin when this bubble pops?

japan is enslaved by their internal and external debts; this chart is heavily influenced by this

ce·te·ris pa·ri·bus
ˌkād(ə)rəs ˈperəbəs/
adverbformal
adverb: ceteris paribus

with other conditions remaining the same.
"shorter hours of labor will, ceteris paribus, reduce the volume of output"

ARK

Many of you (including dumb nocoiners) are wondering what the hell is going on with bitcoin prices right now. Allow me to introduce you to this five minute wiki article back from 2014 to help you understand what is about to happen:

nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/hyperbitcoinization/

Dotcom was gigantic. Crypto is ridiculously small compared to it. We still have a lot of time.

BTC

nakamotoinstitute.org/about/

You seriously trust those people only because they tell themselves "an institute"? The thing that keeps a bubble from popping is imagination. Visions of how valuable the asset could be in the future. There are a lot of people spreading their "vision" and some are either crazy or just want to make other people join the party so they can sell their share at a higher price before the music stops playing.

>nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/hyperbitcoinization/
nice read, thanks user

It's just a game of musical chairs. Last one standing losses.

well said

Nearly everyone who's buying into cryptos realises it's a bubble, but they think that they will be able to get out before the bubble pops and sell their bags to some other schmuck who thinks they can do the same thing.

Dotcom bubble lasted about 6 years. It's anyone's guess when enough people are gonna take out their money and start the landslide.

Think any type of technology. From the agricultural revolution to the industrial revolution. Automobiles, computers, the internet. If you looked at the worth of corporations and individuals who shaped those new technologies, they'll have risen from nothing. But blockchain will be way, way bigger than any of those previous economic revolutions, blockchain will adsorb a significant percentage of all wealth created throughout human history. Wealth from every single one of those innovations will find itself being stored within cryptocurrencies. 150bn is nothing. Fiat is begging to be transferred into crypto at a steady pace, but even now it's still a trickle. In the future trillions and trillions will be stored in crypto.

This

The moneymakers use it as a testbed. They are going to crack down on crypto soon enough. Thereafter they use their own implementations of the blockchain. Bitcoin is the bubble, crypto the technology.

>From the agricultural revolution to the industrial revolution. Automobiles, computers, the internet
Thats not true. The charts for those look nothing like Crypto. They happened over decades as well whereas the crypto boom has happened in 6 months

True. The trick is to not get fucked over by shit coins and just roll with the god tier coins like BTC, ETH and LTC.
The vast majority of shitcoins won't survive the revolution.

Everything is sped up now due to the internet.

Bursting this year is highly probable.

Most likely what will happen to crypto.

You might "enjoy" 3 lost decades after this boom

"New paradigm" is what sheeple idiots call on top of bubbles.

the adoption rate of new technologies is actually increasing . mobile phone usage grew faster than internet usage which grew faster than telephone usage and etc

>They happened over decades as well whereas the crypto boom has happened in 6 months
Confirmed baiting as your OP pic demonstrates that you know its been years.

Dotcom bubble was magnitudes greater in market cap, and with crypto we're talking non-government money. AND many more people own computers these days compared to the dotcom days; times infinity when you factor in smartphones.
Logically crypto should exceed the dotcom bubble many times over.

Stop coping, laggard.

Dotcom bubble was actual businesses though, while crypto is magic internet money speculation that doesn't even have any fucking use.

>when clueless boomers reply

dotcoms were rampant speculation too retard

DASH

wew no digits, can safely ignore.

oil wasn't worth very much before 1900
neither was uranium

commodities gain value when they become useful to humanity, user, their value isn't intrinsic to the commodity itself, we create it. cryptocurrencies are about to become very useful to humanity, because they offer a more efficient way to do business than can be achieved by gold or money.

by the way.. did you know we already priced next year's meltdown of the stock market into our insurance models?

Do i tell him guys?

good read user

>we already priced next year's meltdown of the stock market into our insurance model

sauce?

>Goldman Sachs was pumping thousands of IPO's of people
>Goldman Sachs now getting into crypto
We're going to see a real bubble soon.

Nah, let the butthurt grow. It will blossom into a beautiful pink Wojack.

>adsorb

>removing intermediaries from money transmission on a global scale
>removing human error and corruption from all administrative list-keeping on a global scale
>creation of trust-less immutable ledgers which have never before been possible
>creation of digital scarcity which has never before been possible

>no use

>implying (((they))) arent already balls deep and in control

>>removing intermediaries from money transmission on a global scale

Lightning networks don't remove any intermediaries.

And blockchain cannot scale without a Lightning Network (off chai transaction). Dumb dum dum dumb dumb

>>removing human error and corruption from all administrative list-keeping on a global scale

Can't be implemented because of the oracle problem, fucking stupid

>>creation of digital scarcity which has never before been possible

Who the fuck cares if some numbers are scarce.

i know nothing about economics
was about to post a thread asking about something I heard on peter schiff's podcast with joe rogan and i see all these happening threads
can someone explain like I'm 5?

when tcp/ip was first invented and people were transmitting a few bytes of text no one imagined that we would be live streaming videos into millions of homes. the technology will continue to evolve and in a couple of decades people won't understand how we ever lived without blockchain and crypto.

Clever indeed. It isn't actually absorbing the wealth since people can still pull it back out.