What is the power of protest?

What is the power of protest?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fK1MwhEDjHg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

To prove a point and to demonstrate strength.

Hi I'm Gandhi and if Britain doesn't get the hell out of India I'm going to starve myself in public.

Wow, that worked?

It's about the equivalent of the the mass times the acceleration of the protest.

The "peaceful" civil rights movements of the 60s were upheld by violent race riots and communist revolutionaries kidnapping heiresses. "Non violent resistance" is the biggest psyop the neo liberal ruling order ever pulled.

I wish that faggot made videos for at least entire G20

So basically to show numbers that would be willing to respond violently if ignored?

did he diededed?

hi I'm the India national army and we're the other part of the Indian independence movement that nobody likes to talk about because we were backed by the Japanese

Those soldiers should be bayoneted that leftist degenerate and they should have arrested all of those hippie scum that were protesting the war.

Edgy.

Who hurt you?

There is no protest that ever achieved anything tangible.

Nope, just stating what those soldiers should have done to that hippie protester.
These leftist freaks is what hurts me. Why didn't the U.S. Army place these freaks in a gas chamber or in a camp and keep them there until the commies got crushed.

This, Fuck America and Fuck American values #MAGA #HITLERDINDUNUFFIN

I really hope you outgrow this phase when by the time you're 16.

That's force, not power.
In kinetics, power is energy over time.

He isn't wrong.

Nope I'm no high schooler, I'm being the honest to god real adult here, we should have arrested them and put them in camps or probably just gassed them all so we wouldn't deal with this Marxist nonsense today.

Good thing people like you have no saying in real life.

Maybe he's just shitposting.

It's honestly hard to tell with these /pol/ types.

Nope, I'm being for real commie.
/pol/ knows what's up except I think they should be more pro-Israel and more pro-America because if wasn't for Israel, they'd be nuked by the Arabs. But back to my point, this is all hypothetical but I think we should have had those pigs bayoneted and then skewered by the commie pigs they were.

Holy shit those hips.

It's part of the pants' cut, you mong.

This is some weak bait.

you show that you're willing to gather together a bunch of people for a cause
with enough people it can be taken as a serious threat to the government that you may be willing to escalate things into a full-blown riot

Freedom of speech ? Pshhh, so much unamerican !

Makes as much sense to kill protesters to change the commie intelligentsia, as to round up a random street jew and gas them to fight the global bankers and bolshevists.

You dumb fuck, you can't even do right wing death squads right.

Doesn't exist, at any previous era that man would have been detained or shot. What you're seeing is the power of propaganda and the public eye.

Based Azad Hind
>the Japanese
More like the Germans. Based Chandra Bose was a friend of Hitler's and the Axis.

You can make your opponents show their worst side

>tfw no time machine
>tfw no time machine to take some pepper spray so I could hose her smug face down
>tfw I can't go back in time to detonate a nuke during Woodstock.

would a mass tax evasion work as a protest

which often entails doing that yourself

When you are preaching un-American views and preaching hate against American and working with the enemy, you deserve to be butchered like a pig. I don't even consider leftists to be human, so you'd be killing pigs. Maybe have a BBQ and make some bacon out the leftist hippies.

You seem upset

>t. internet "fascist"

So this is what it's come to now? A fascist advocating for eating their enemies? BBQing leftists?

Nope just being an American patriot.
>Leftists=/=human
Nope, they aren't human so its not cannibalism.

fuck off shill

You're forgetting media and propaganda droning out and radicalized voices.

It's literally the power to annoy.

If the people in power are easily annoyed enough, they'll compromise a little just to shut up those assholes that are taking time out of their schedules.

If the people in power have more patience than the protestors, the protestors have nothing left if they wish to remain non-violent. They just have to go home or give up or try to be martyrs.

>un-American views
what exactly is an un-American view?

>shill

>What is the power of protest?

Symbolic myth building after the victory of a political faction. If that faction doesn't win, its meaningless. Plenty of major protests that were valueless.

>media and propaganda droning out and radicalized voices.
That's part of the neolib psyop the other user was talking about.

>what exactly is an un-American view?
Any view that I don't like, commienazi faggot.

Real answer: Protesting is fine provided its done in the form of a strike.

i.e. workers strike, bring country to a halt and thus force the government to negotiate with the strikers. The government can use force but that generally turns public sentiment against them and increases support for the strikers.

It's an effective, non-violent tool.

For whatever reason however protesting nowadays is mostly about "spreading-awareness" and at best achieves literally nothing and at worst results in riots, busted up neighborhoods and turns public sentiment against the very thing they are trying to achieve.

what can you do if your group has no power or people can just ignore you straight up?

Like in many scenarios peaceful protests just end up being ineffective.

Attach yourself to a more politically relevant group

Not that easy user.

In my opinion all protesters should be gassed. And I don't mean tear gassed.

Who's the group?

qt in the middle

BBBRRAAAAPPP

>What is the power of protest?

youtube.com/watch?v=fK1MwhEDjHg

Here's your (you)

>implying he isn't some tired shitposter