Why is pride considered to be the deadliest sin?

Why is pride considered to be the deadliest sin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xi0Ff3-nz8A
youtube.com/watch?v=T2c8VC2EenE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because the church wanted to keep kings in check

It's the sin most associated with Lucifer and his fall from grace.

Pride makes you least likely to recognize your fault and repent.

Gotta make sure the good goys are kept in check.

Also all the other sins make you commit offense to your fellow man but Pride leads to offense against God.

It leads to your own destruction.

And if you think about it, what are you, what do you have, what can you do, that was not given to you by God?

It's considered the sin that makes you commit more other sins. The capital sins are not important because they're worst by themselves but because they're the sins more prone to make you to commit other sins.

It's the most damaging vice to your soul.
A proud man gives himself no room for growth, he thinks his current knowledge is sufficient. When faced with a troublesome situation, instead of having the humility to admit that his inability to resolve it is because he is inexperienced and needs to learn something new, he will look for external causes, something to put the blame on. He doesn't try to improve, he is reluctant of stepping into unknown territory.
It is the most subtle of the capital sins, the easiest vice to develop, and absolutely the most devastating.

You can't spell sin without I.

Because the church wanted subservient peasants.

Daily reminder there's nothing wrong with greed, pride and envy, regardless of what christcucks say. Without those traits, humans would be living in caves.

Because it isnt
Homosexuality and blackness are

This
tempered pride and greed are traits of every great leader of men

So vice is progression, and virtue is conservatism?

The feeling of accomplishment you get when you complete a difficult task is not the sin of pride.
Things like refusal to accept responsibility when you fail in order to save face is pride.

Because it's the gate to the other sins, hence, the original one.

Because you can not commit other sins without pride
A truly humble man would follow the Will of God completely

Pride before fall.

It's the most dangerous. A powerful man, motivated by any other vice, is predictable and even useful, but one motivated by pride is erratic and truculent.

>Why is pride considered to be the deadliest sin?
Because by its very nature it blinds you from your faults.
A slothful man might acknowledge his sloth as harmful even if he won't bother fixing it.
Admitting that your pride might be harmful however requires humility, its opposite.
Another issue is that pride is generally associated with mostly positive traits like confidence and awareness of one's worth, whereas in reality both can appear in humble men while a prideful man may lack both.

Because it might end up with defiance of the church

1) In Christian theology it caused all the initial problems.
2) Pride prevents repentance.

It is, quite frankly, autism of the soul.

Pride is the origin of the other deadly 6

Because a proud person will never, ever admit his faults. He is simply incapable of self-criticism.

Luke 14:11 For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

Because god(s) is/are superhuman and mortals are maggots to them.

youtube.com/watch?v=xi0Ff3-nz8A

>Truly I tell you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”

It is extremely easy for people's pride to delude them, making them think that they can mentally check off the Christian box and automatically enter heaven because they deserve it.

>9To some who trusted in their own righteousness and viewed others with contempt, He also told this parable: 10“Two men went up to the temple to pray. One was a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like the other men—swindlers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and pay tithes of all that I receive.’

>13But the tax collector stood at a distance, unwilling even to lift up his eyes to heaven. Instead, he beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner!’ 14I tell you, this man, rather than the Pharisee, went home justified. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Look what happened to Nazi Germany.

Pride makes you unable to repent.

>Look what happened to Nazi Germany.

> the one who is of the earth belongs to the earth and speaks about earthly things. The one who comes from heaven is above all. He testifies to what he has seen and heard, yet no one accepts his testimony. Whoever has accepted his testimony has certified[n] this, that God is true. - John 3:31-33

youtube.com/watch?v=T2c8VC2EenE

Does this mean Temperance is the greatest virtue, because it keeps all sins in check?

More like a method of making a person's whose life is satisfactory to continue to pray and submit; to continue to grovel like the unfortunate.