HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/math/comments/6vu0ty/new_research_shows_the_babylonians_not_the_greeks/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wh*Toid BTFO

how long before "babylonians wuz black n shiet we invented da maths" starts up?

HOW WILL THE EDOMITES RECOVER??????

mediterranean scum btfo

Right after "Babylonians Wuz white n shiet" starts up

Austin Powers has been a great archaeologist for the past decade, baybay.

reddit.com/r/math/comments/6vu0ty/new_research_shows_the_babylonians_not_the_greeks/

Nope. I knew Veeky Forums were brainlets.

Once again showing that:
Veeky Forums = quantity
Reddit = quality

Is this the anglo's true form?

Lmfao
Reddit:
>AFAIK the Babylonians and the Egyptians only knew a little about trigonometry. The Greeks made it more rigorous, as you say, but they also developed it much further. Though I assume it's possible that one or more of these civilizations made significant mathematical discoveries that were lost.
I'd take this article with a huge handful of salt. The paper->press release->pop science article process seems to have introduced some exaggerations, I don't think either of the authors of the paper specialize in the history of maths, and one of them (Wildberger) is somewhat infamous. He espouses an unusual version of finitism (the rejection of any infinite mathematical objects) and says some pretty strange things in his attempts to justify and promote it.

>Veeky Forums
>wh*Toid BTFO

I don't even like reddit, but this is just embarressing.

Wow, I made a mess of that.

>this x guy did this before so argument discarded!
Hmm...

nothing here pinpoints what is wrong with calling it trigonometry, they just say "wilderberg is a crankpot", I am sure he is, but why

He believes numbers aren't infinite, and therefore everything to do with infinite numbers should just be discarded. It's a really strange idea to hold in mathematics.

No proof = not math.
t. Euclid.

Not surprising really. Babylonians are genetically most similar to Mesopotamian Persians or Assyrians which if you track the lineage to today are basically white people whereas Greeks were always Sub-human Balkan tier. Not surprising at all

WE WUZ

Hmmmm

Well, we know the Greeks got the basis for their mathematics from the Egyptians, so now we know who they learnt it from.
We can either acknowledge each civilisation's contribution to mathematics or just bitch and moan about how they rest of humanity stole everything from the first caveman to snap a stick in half and realise that now he has two sticks.

Veeky Forums really was a mistake.

Should be renamed /LARP/

I don't think it was ever controversial that the Babylonians were very mathmatically and astronomically advanced.

HOL UP, HOL UP, HOL UP, SO U FINNA SAY DAT WE WUZ BABYLONIANS N SHIEET ?!

that's /int/
but when you really think about it, this place really is just /int/ without ethno-lingual generals

Greeks proved it. Babylonians just speculated and didn't show their work.

It's the equivalent of guessing that the earth revolves around without proving it.