What are your thoughts on Assassin's Creed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vC7Lbn-qeag
youtube.com/watch?v=Myd33zH1NTc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I am excited because it looks like this game will focus on the civil war in egypt which means they will make five sequels about the end of the roman republic with at least one where you go to rome to kill Caesar. The only downside is that it's made by ubisoft and will feature the retarded "future" storyline with the animus and all this bullshit. The repetitive gameplay and hack writing won't do it any favors either.

WE

>The repetitive gameplay
The combat system is retarded this time. Literally chucking spears and jumping backwards, with bows that shoot satellite guided arrows

how the fuck are they wearing purple? wasn't that the single rarest color in the world at that point?

Wuz

>I was already expecting that for every Egyptian game now

>what are your thoughts on Assassin's Creed
I played them all up to Black Flag, then my pc proved itself too old to keep up with the franchise.
I liked them a lot, particularly the Ezio Auditore games, but they're nowhere near historically accurate enough to warrant discussing them here rather than >>/v/.

KONGZ

>KONGZ
On purpose?

>video games aren't historically accurate!

How to spot a college freshman/autist.

If the game won't let me assassinate Pompey Magnus after the little tutorial intro part I will be very disapointed.

I always wondered why they left out the drugs and hallucinatory (gay) sex parties from altair's story

>We used to be Kangz n shiet until devil white Rominz came and enslaved us

youtube.com/watch?v=vC7Lbn-qeag

I've never played one, is it any good.

A lot of ancient Egyptian soldiers were mercenaries. They're expected to dress to impress, just look at landsknechts.

I saw a trailer where it seems that you can work with Cleopatra or something but I remember that in AC2 it was said that a female assassin killed Cleopatra with a snake.

This one is set 15-20 (not quite sure) years before she dies.

SJW pushing their disgusting interracial agenda, dropped and boycotted. Hopefully I'm not alone in this.

I gave up on the series in the first game

There is a mission where you go to kill a high ranking Templar, I knocked him to the ground and instakilled him then when they reveal that its a female Templar he let's her go because apparently being a women means you don't die when you get spiked to the ground and you don't need to be punished for being evil

Thats what you get when you let fucking leafs create a video game.

Any sequel after brotherhood is trash

It's fucking normie shit

Wouldn't be the first time they retconned shit away to make it more marketable.
>george washington was a templar
>fast forward couple games
>george washington was a real american hero (and also kind of a dick towards natives)

>conveniently forgetting that by that point even if believe in we wuz shit egyptians had been greeks' bitches for centuries

Just waiting for Caesar to want to make Rome great again.

>Satan doesn't understand the white gene is greater.
>He doesn't understand the Jewish interracial agenda will only create more white people in the end run
>He hasn't taken the red pill, only a placebo that he believes is red pill

Good engine. Wish the games came with a good creation kit.

The first game is unironically the best. Ezio trilogy is vastly overrated.

Not necessarily but Altair is unironically the best and canonically is never hit once unlike that scrub Ezio.

Thing is vidya press is claiming ACO is great because it's historically accurate.

She looks more SE asian than greek in that pic.

>2017
>believing in anything that vidya related media says

Remember that whole industry is meant for shitting out baseless hype and masturbating to games that support your pet ideologies.

>The first game is unironically the best.
How? The missions buildup is literally the same chores repeated every tme, combat is has no real variation regardless of weapon used, assassination controls are just crude compared to successive games, and the same goes for climbing shit.
You can't even name the plot, since it was barely there in AC1, whereas Ezio's games were pretty strongly focused on the story.

>Vidya Press
Vidya Press said Andromeda had good graphics, no one but twelvies give a shit what they think

90% of the Ezio Trilogy is the same gameplay as AC I so what the fuck are you on about. Brotherhood and Revelations might add multiplayer but its still the same Batham style combat, scouting and exploring, side missions, and everything else.

>plot
The Assassins go after the Templars and vice-versa, while uncovering a conspiracy that spirals into a web of deception involving governors, generals, priests, and other major figures in the time frame and Altair eventually finds out his master is pulling the strings and trying to take the Apple of Eden.

It's fine, they look like the Egyptians depicted in tomb paintings not coal black negros.

I don't even like video games, but I think it looks pretty cool. I'm quite impressed they portrayed the ancient egyptians how they most likely would have looked like.

Not afrocentric or eurocentric.

youtube.com/watch?v=Myd33zH1NTc

I don't know, trailer sort of makes out everyone is a fuckhead

I'm slightly interested about it. But overall I'm kinda fed up with Ubi's shits, it's just same old wine in different bottles.

The games have problems but I still love them. The revolutionary Paris setting of Unity was fucking great - I loved to just run around in it.

Wasn't imperial purple not color purple but more like dark reddish?

>tfw no Silent Hunter VI with dynamic campaign

I never played an assassins creed game but the trailer I've seen looks pretty good. I don't understand what the whining about race and sjw pandering is about they look like actual egyptians.

Its an excellent look at how professives view history: a steady march of progress through conflict between clear good and evil.

And of course Christians and capitalists are on the evil side. The game play is OK but the writing is such contrived political bullshit,

Yes, *obviously* the basic concept is the same throughout the series, but there was an enormous jump in both polish and variety between AC1 and the Ezio games.
AC1 basically had you repeat the same exact three missions before each assassination, and all assassinations were basically just jump off a roof and stab that guy.
The Ezio games had a greater variety of objectives, and you could usually choose how stealthy you wanted to be. Not to mention that you had a lot more variety in how to stab people beyond jumping off a roof. And you actually could feel a some differences between the various weapons in open combat: using a spear felt different than using a sword or hidden blades.

>plot
Get a grip man, AC1 had basically two characters: Altair and the old dude, who was only good for a few minutes of bland exposition while you stand idle in his office. There were almost no sidecharacters and the targets had all of 30 seconds of screentimes. The game felt like Altair's routine, an assassin's SOL.
The Ezio games looked like GTA plot wise in comparison. The games felt like an adventure (with mediocre videogame tier storytelling, but still).

Kong = King in Norwegian Language

It was indeed since you had to get it from Sardinia which took years to reach with boats. A merchant that brought back purple would often be made a king as a reward.

Kong = an actual west african empire. Would have been funny because they actually WERE kongz and shit.

>actually having a game set in West Africa with Black protagonist, ,Black antagonist, largely black NPC's and a scattering of Portuguese, French, Spanish, Italian, British and Arab characters here and there.
Nah, they are way too cliche and uncreative to do it. They'll never realize people would prefer that to the "we wuz kangz" nonsense.

i've never played any ass creed and thank god i never will

The first two were good.

>having a game set in West Africa
Too dangerous. Why risk having people call them racist for not depicting pre-colonial african nations as real life Wakanda when they can just use Egypt? Best you're gonna see is some Ethiopian based dlc mission or sidegame.

>AC1
>basically two characters
Wrong.

Cant wait till central Africa starts pumping out their own AAA games in the future.

>Cleopatra
>white

This is what they portray Caesar and Cleopatra in a play.

God, /pol/ is retarded.

Normie trash series for retards and historical illiterates.

Is this you or are you memeing?

Might be the first time I ever buy an AssCreed game. The fact that it keeps reminding me that I'm in the matrix when I'm trying to be immersed in the setting irks me though.

From a purely historical perspective, it really isn't very accurate at all. Depictions of historical events are butchered by the incessant need to shoehorn Templar-Assassin dichotomy into everything, no matter how complex the factors and motivations behind them were (e.g. the French Revolution, which wasn't merely a dualistic struggle between royalists and republicans).

Historical personalities are also completely bowdlerised or flat-out fabricated. One of the most egregious cases IMO is the villainizing of David Brewster simply because he disagreed with Darwin on evolution. This completely ignores the reality that the contention was very minor (he disagreed with Darwin's concept of a 'common ancestor' on religious grounds), he was a brilliant physicist whose work created modern experimental optics, and he was a founder of the British Science Association, thus doing more to popularise science than most of his peers.

who are the evil capitalists and christians in this?

kek

exact same situation, and this

historically it will be loosely based on the era and ubi will take the liberty to do whatever the fuck they want

gameplay wise it will be a rehash like usual

It's fun for the parkour in historically recreated cities (even though they do get quite a bit of shit wrong) and seeing what historical figure they'll shove into their nonsensical batshit story. Black Flag and Brotherhood>II>I>III>Revelations and I haven't played the rest. I'll rent this one, it's a cool setting.

Not fan of kingz n shiet, but at least this one will be deprived of Britscums
We had them in:

-AC3
-Black Fag
-Rouge
-Syndicate

That's a bit too much, there are thousands of more interesting stuff than 18th century Brits or Victorian London
I swear American cultural dominance has lead to an unbearable overrating of British history

All the Romans will have British accents though. You know it to be true.

I don't give a shit about the English speaking world's autistic accent obsession, I play my language's version of games (although I wont play this one)

I must admit i'm an AC fanboy. It's one of my guilty pleasures, i know the games are little more than repetitive consumerist buybaits but god i love playing them

Really excited about Origins
Ubisoft is French Canadian after all, i can't blame them.

Why is the Egyptian Pharoahess a negro?

Wasn't the protagonist of Rouge an Irishmen?

Irishmen are basically British
And anyway, overrated redcoats were still in the game, for the 3rd time

>Irishmen are basically British
Try telling that to an Irish without getting your teeth spilled on the floor

It's a shitty game series made by a shitty company with shitty mechanics and has never had any attempt at being historical and always puts fun and fantastical history to the front.

And that's fine, i just don't care for it. And neither should you.

If it was claiming to be a historical educational video game, then you can get pissed.

But at least the Egyptians are brown.

Prince of Persia will always be superior.

They literally where Pharaohs until the Romans ended the Pharaohs though...

>a bunch of larpers get butthurt when they're reminded that they're just larpers

You sure showed him.

the first game was phenomenal. Not strictly historical, sure, but they got the balance of realism/fiction just right with that one. Probably the best historical action game out there I know of. The sequels are total garbage.

Oh I thought I heard the old Man say
Leave Her, Johnny, leave Her
Tomorrow Ye will get Your Pay
Now it's time for Us to leave Her

Leave Her, Johnny, leave Her
Oh leave Her, Johnny, leave Her
For Tomorrow is long and the Winds don't blow
And it's Time for Us to leave Her