Taxes and problems storing cryptos piss me off

I'm a crypto bull but what the fuck? There's no safe, reliable way to store cryptos unless you're a computer nerd, and even then it sucks

>store on exchanges

Get hacked or the exchange runs off, or the sec cracks down on the exchange

>store on wallets on your computer

Your computer dies or you forget/lose private keys and you're fucked

>muh hardware wallet

What if you hold 15+ different coins? What a royal pain in the fucking dick.

Then there's taxes. Say you make even just $50k in a year and want to cash some out to pay bills or wipe out debt. So you need fiat, let's say you take 20k out over the year. Now the fucking IRS comes for you. The only way around this bullshit is to either pay taxes like a good goy, or go through some shit like local Bitcoin, but even then you're paying bills with fiat in the end. Fuck. Why can't it be easier? Picking the right coins, sizing your risk, knowing good entry/exit points is all hard enough, not to mention the massive volatility that we put up with. At least with stocks you don't have to worry about the nyse running off with your shares, and you sleep soundly knowing no one will likely hack your account. But I want upside. Fuckkkk

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxation_as_theft
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=#&ved=0ahUKEwi88dfH3YPWAhXq1IMKHbcLDSYQwqsBCFgwBA&usg=AFQjCNF1sHlk2z9QIx28jtvfnGP_UlkifA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Live in Europe where no1 cares about crypto.

go some fiscal paradise create a company and bank account hire yourself pay yourself thats it its actually pretty easy and you get to travel i dont know why you faggots complain all the time when is easy as fuck

In what world is that easy? Traveling to a different country, opening up a bank account, etc is costly, time consuming and retarded.

it wont cost more than 1k faggot which is nothing if you have more 100k compared to paying 30% of everything to the fucking goverment if you wanna be a good goi and pay them so they can waste your money aiding refugees go ahead faggot

anyone holding $10k of BTC will have $1M of bitcoin in 5 years

costs you no more than $5k to go to switzerland or tax haven of your choice in 5 years to set up a tax free bank account

buy $100k of BTC, put it on a hardware wallet, put the keys in 2-3 separate safety deposit boxes, then pick where in the world you want to retire in 5 years

ezpz

>he doesn't even have a quadruple redundancy backup solution for his coins

>muh 15+ wallets
Same problem if you choose 15 different types of investment vehicles. Worse actually because Joe Average usually goes through a broker or his bank to buy shit. Massive overhead.

>NYSE running off with your shares
That's like saying the miners are running off with your shares. Again, Joe Average trades via a broker. You have the same risk if your broker folds. Especially if he sold you a structured product or a fund of his own making.

What? I can buy 50 stocks and see them all easily in one brokerage account. You can't do this in crypto without taking on massive exchange risk.

I can even get exposure to 500+ in one etf easily

If my broker goes bust I don't lose anything. When's the last time a broker went under and people lost shares of stock? Also there's recourse if a broker just straight scams people

You guys all sound retarded. I'm not a boomer, or a no coiner. I have thousands invested in coins and hold at exchanges because it's easiest for now and the money isn't life changing, but if things keep going up then it will be. No easy solutions for the basics is retarded. I'm not lazy but I also don't want to waste time and effort going overseas and opening a fucking foreign bank account or starting an llc just to cash out.

You also still owe taxes if the IRS somehow finds out, so you could waste all that effort for nothing. Might just be best to pay the bullshit taxes, idk. I think taxation is theft so not really sure wtf I'll end up doing.

Maybe in a few years an easy solution will arrive.

well im glad not being an americuck i am literally 2 hours away from switzerland not in a plane just driving

> I think taxation is theft

why the fuck is this repeated everywhere? what kind of alternative do you even propose?

>why the fuck is this repeated everywhere?
It's a fairly popular viewpoint, user.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxation_as_theft

Bunch of """libertarian""" niggers think that gibs are free while their Mom brings them tendies on public roads.

It just sucks seeing that you have to give $12 of your 40k to uncle same.

Must suck even work for high earning wage cucks,though.

At least I don't have to do any real work.

backup privates keys on icloud notes app
with the note also encrypted

Double encryption
Simple to setup
I love apple

mindboggling

Don't worry, it's a dying meme.

Taxation is obviously a vital social function and one of the foundations of civilisation. Libretariansm will hopefully be added to the DSM in a few years so that it's sufferers can get the help they need.

Count yourself lucky. It's fucking 33% in Ireland... I'm gonna get a TenX and dodge that shit

A tax haven would ideally not have extradition with the USA, otherwise you'd just get deported when the USA asks for a slice of your sweet crypto gains

How about an alternative that is simple for the average person and not something they have to spend tens of hours and hire professionals for?

>store

You realize you just need the private key.... Right?

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=#&ved=0ahUKEwi88dfH3YPWAhXq1IMKHbcLDSYQwqsBCFgwBA&usg=AFQjCNF1sHlk2z9QIx28jtvfnGP_UlkifA

so you mean a revamp, not removal of tax entirely?

why are you making a different argument?

Tfw Euro with over 100k invested in crypto