Can we talk about something that has never been talked about before

Can we talk about something that has never been talked about before

About how in the Vietnam war America invented a new kind of warefare, a warfare that I like to call comfy war

>the music
>the drugs
>the banter
>the war crimes
>the weapons and vehicles
>the uniforms
>napalm

Everything about it was just so aesthetically pleasing. Wars before that had just been miserable, but this war was just so comfy and fun like a lads on tour holiday with killing thrown in as a bonus and that was not the end of it, the same thing happened in Iraq and Afghan. Is comfy war here to stay?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i8K0sW8GX-4
youtube.com/watch?v=Iknh6sQtDnM
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_fire
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are you retarded?

Is this a joke, OP?

I would consider the Seminole War more if a comfy war than Nam man

Give me one reason why I'm wrong without using the words punji pits

Nah, you've just watched Viet Nam movies. Jungles sucks, especially when the weather is extremely hot and humid, you're in your uniform, you've got a 150pound backpack on your back, and you have marched for 5 hours already.
It sucks, it's boring, there's a chance that at any moment 30 Viet Congs will pop out and turn you into a tortured slave.
Don't romanticize it.

>Rains all the fucking time
>Trench foot as a result
>Never know if the smiling 6 year old is going to pull a grenade or tokarev and blow you away
>Ingesting toxic defoliants that will give you cancer in a few decades
>People back home think you're a baby murdering cunt
Truly comfy

>get to stand back and watch as the manlets trigger traps in holes
Sure was comfy

not gonna lie Vietnam always seem lit af there is a certain magic and mysticism to it missing from other wars

can't wait until Hollywood starts making Vietnam movies again

Jungles are the opposite of comfy, they're total hell.

>magic and mysticism
Blame Apocalypse Now and Platoon. It was a fucking dull war in real life.

The Soviet-Afghan war is 100x more comfier than Vietnam desu, either that or the Korean War if its US wars.

Better music too
youtube.com/watch?v=i8K0sW8GX-4
youtube.com/watch?v=Iknh6sQtDnM

I wouldn't say "comfy" but I can agree that it was an aesthetic war

>It sucks, it's boring, there's a chance that at any moment 30 Viet Congs will pop out and turn you into a tortured slave.
If I see my baby becomes a mutated mess of flesh and my wife gets burned to death by napalm I'm pretty sure I will torture each of those soldiers too
>can't wait until Hollywood starts making Vietnam movies again
And they can't force diversity in vietnam war movies, it's impossible

> they can't force diversity in vietnam war movies
Vietnam was full of coons, it's one of the reasons the average Vietnamese wasn't on board with America, it reminded them of the French Tirailleurs

I read that as "they can't force diversity because it was actually diverse"

>Trench foot
Technically it's jungle rot when it's warm water, although I'm sure the soldiers had issues with all kinds of water temperatures in Vietnam.

I remember this BBC documentary about WW1, there was this Brit veteran saying it was the best years of his life, that he never felt so alive. So yes, even the worst war can be seen as pleasant, stop being shy virgins.

Indeed, Afghanistan has a comfy vibe. It's often compared to Vietnam btw.

The desert might be bleak,bland and boring compared to western europe or the jungle, but its probably one of the best environments you could fight in.

>a new kind of warefare,
Navy SEALS developed from their WWII UDT style into their modern form.

I think you've been watching a bit too much MASH, OP

Go ask any vietnam vet if nam was comfy you fucking moron

>the music
You mean the popular music of the time? Because that's just the musical movement of the decade. That's like saying Grunge is a direct result from the gulf war.
>the drugs
This wasn't new. Berserkers likely used drugs to induce faux supernatural strength.
>the banter
You think soldiers didnt chat?
>the war crimes
People have always been killing cruelly, raping, etc.
>the weapons and vehicles
Okay I'll give you that, but Vietnam didn't have as much vehicle advancement as the first two WWs did. Pic related can be considered an advancement in military vehicles since horses are used as transportation, not weapons.
>the uniforms
WW1 and 2 were more Veeky Forums but I guess it's subjective
>napalm
The product known as Napalm was new but similar weapons (sticky fire) have exited for a long time. IIRC The Greeks invented a flammable liquid similar to Game of Throne's Wildfire.

>Vietnam war nostalgia fagging
>thinking war is "comfy"

Well, OP, you know WWII soldiers had sexy pinup girls on their walls, listened to cool 40s music and had cool uniforms.
WWI even had cool cavalry, awesome gas masks, cool tanks and military marches. And the mustaches.
Who cares about blow to bits or seeing civilians butchered, right?

That's where you're wrong, it's pretty common among veterans (even the wounded) to claim their war was cool. Good memories, pride etc is what you'd hear the most if you ask them.

I work with Viet vets, all they ever do is say the government were cunts and the draft was a shit idea because it threw a whole bunch of kids who didn't want to be there into the army

Turns out it's called Greek Fire and it was used by the Byzantine Empire

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_fire

My great grandfather and my grandfather were veterans of 4 wars, and I never heard anything but laughters and tears of nostalgy during their veteran meetings.

>Vietnamese were more mad that there were black Americans there than they were about the fact Americans were invading

Imagine being so pathogically obsessed with blacks you think like this

MASH was set in Korea though

>Vietnam War
>"it ain't me" by CCR starts playing

Fortunate Son you pleb

>Vietnam war
>comfy
>when trench warfrare exists

Is there anything comfier than hanging out with your entire neighborhood oldboys (because you all got shipped together) in a trench during a gas attack?
Listening to wild beats on your gramophone, boiling tea in a pot, inhaling dank gasses, waving at huns hanging out on the other side of A E S T H E T I C no man's land.

>How to spot the Retardditor immigrant

You need to go back.

Better be bait

that war was such a shitfest m8, not comfy at all

Fond memories sure, but "comfy"?

No.

you are clinically insane
romanticizing Nam is a stretch but we can at least blame movies for that. but romanticizing fucking trench war?
how do you even manage that?

Comfy thread and of scientific value

I think he's being facetious

>what is propaganda
>implying this aestheticisation of war hasn't existed forwver
>what is the illiad

That's nothing compared to how hilariously comfy the 30 year war was
>Baroque music
>High on religious zealousness
>Started because people couldn't handle the bants
>40% of all Germans dead LOL
>Weapons with actual feeling to them
>Coolest uniforms ever
>Schwedentrunk

Life sure was wonderful back then, too bad we don't have wars all the time, really sucks not being able to take part in them

Just look at the uniforms my dude.
They combine sharpness and sexiness of 19th century with a more practical modern outlook. Not too strict and not too chic, pure comfy.
And gasmasks are the nicest thing anyone ever invented, the longer you wear them the warmer you get, perfect for late night card games.

hmmyess
spiffy

Comfy AF
Imagine the feeling of absolute freedom and total bliss, when each minute of life is the most beautiful gift, when hiding in the bush, trembling with fear, is a full part of your life. Ah, I was born far too late, this timeline is deadly boring.

Is this bait? Allied soldiers didn't even get to eat warm food in the trenches until mid 1917

You are like a little baby
>Flamenco music on the radio as you rape nuns
>Drunk on delicious Ribera del Duero vino tinto
>Eating jamón ibérico that you stole from a bishop you murdered, dope af
>Chilling with the American lads and fucking an Anarchist qt while whispering Marxist tractates into her ear
>Raping Republican women with your Moorish bros
>Started because of deepseated divisions in society that went back hundreds of years and still persist to this day
>Totally cheeky massacres committed on both sides, LOL
>AESTHETIC art produced from the dank bombing of Guernica

comfiest war

?
What makes you think that? Of course they had warm food.

Nicely memed, soldiers enjoyed quality handmade food from portable ovens.

I know a few of them who say that in public but will tell you they had a lot of fun in private.

I think the biggest factor in making an event traumatic is society deciding you should feel traumatized by it. Soldiers dont necessarily suffer all the very worst or feel as shocked by deaths and danger around them to the point of psychological damage.

It was an analogy about Vietnam, user.

>post in a Vietnam thread
>it ain't me starts playing

If there ever was a "comfy war" it would definitely be the Gulf War