Does America have a culture?

Does America have a culture?

>friendly ask an american if he has culture
>he proceeds to mention european cultures

Increasing taxes to pay off debt and increasing debt to fund welfare for the poor.

>this thread... again
>ask how we define "culture"
>get ignored while thread gets 300+ replies arguing yes/no

It has thousands of cultures

Do you have any more of these old map/picture things? They're super comfy.

The culture is capitalism.

America's whole appeal is it's a puree of diced up cultures from all over. It's literally the reason people come here

This

People come here to make money. America is a business. That is all. Very few people actually immersed themselves in culture that was distinctly America beyond average consumerism that you can already find exported all over the world (for example sports, music, ect)

Ours is a culture of rugged independence and self-sufficiency, convenience and haste. We want it all, and we want it now. If we can't have it, we will work to get it. We scorn those who do not get what they want, those who do not have what we want or have.
It is a culture that glorifies the wealthy and despises the poor, where the humble, homely man is to be stepped on to prop up the deceitful, greedy man.
Ours is a culture of surfaces, where appearance is paramount to success. If it stinks, if it's dirty, if it's unfashionably gaudy, it's trash and we must distance ourself from it.
This is the common culture mandated by Hollywood.
There is a rural culture that accepts the homely and the humble, but it is increasingly being destroyed by drugs and Hollywood culture. It can be as tolerant and accepting as the other culture, but in a limited way.
True, good old Americana is dead. Died in the 80s. The New Americana is what I've outlined at the top - fuck you neighbor, I got mine.

No

>Ours is a culture of rugged independence and self-sufficiency
US is iceland now?

Yes. It is a mish mash of many different immigrant groups spread very thickly over a slim anglo-saxon base that varries, sometimes wildly, from region to region.

Yes, it has black culture in the south characterized by soul and gospel music as well as "soul food", not to mention the blues. This culture is entirely American.

Cajun culture in Lousiana, although obviously French in origin, is unique and most definitely American.

Of course, "American culture" is not simply one monolithic, all-encompassing set of traditions, customs and etc. America has traditionally been viewed as a melting pot of cultures, as evidenced by the assimilation of Irish and Italian immigrants, although beginning in the 60s this has instead shifted torwards diversity and pluralism of many immigrant and indigenous cultures. (A salad bowl rather than a melting pot.)

This does not mean, however, that an immigrant coming to America won't be integrated. Although this immigrant won't be actively pressured to abandon their culture like they were a century ago, its not unlikely that they will make efforts to become a "true american."

And im sure you all might not take it seriously but hip hop culture which has been popular among the american youth for decades regardless of background is also distinctly american.

And dont think im some type of liberal shilling for muh diversity and the youth. Im just trying to show that america isnt an empty, soulless, cultureless country.

>And im sure you all might not take it seriously but hip hop culture which has been popular among the american youth for decades regardless of background is also distinctly american.
Same with rock and roll and country music. They are the three pillars of american musical tradition, all stemming from the same root. Sure, other cultures put their own spin on it and then we take that and spin it again but it's all uniquely American in origin - no other country has had its music exported and widely enjoyed as ours.

I don't know but I could perhaps make some comparisons with what I've observed from browsing through Google Maps street level views of Canada.
Less fencing in of properties there. Condo/apartment buildings have can be directly across a street with two story detached homes, again with no fencing surrounding it. State park entrances don't look like checkpoints into Birkenau.
It seems people in America struggle hard to be able to hold onto assets that appear mainly for show and the appearance of seclusion or exclusivity are what is promoted by the real estate industry and developers. Americans are also more given to their lawns. These days however the reliance on cars and large parking lots are trying to be undone in major metropolitan areas whereas Canada would have a longer way to go for that but they also likely have less traffic. American localities also seem to have more of this with ridiculously long driveway entrances into buildings which seem mostly for show and makes hell for people who walk.
Canada seems like the melding of rural and suburban North American culture with some commie modernist architecture.

*buildings can be directly across

>African tribes that communicate by clicking their tongues are considered a culture
>The most powerful country in the world isn't

Why are euros so cruel?

Go away schlomo

MTV

No one gives a shit about how big your military is, Hank.

>If we can't have it, we will work to get it.
More like
>if I can't have it, that's fine I don't deserve it anyway and I'm not about to risk having my drip-feed cut off by fighting for it. It's not like I could win anyway