/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

"Market is closed Monday" edition

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Cryptoshills not welcome

Previous thead

Other urls found in this thread:

bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm
reuters.com/article/us-usa-funds-republican/new-etf-plans-to-make-america-great-again-idUSKCN1BB35D
biopharmcatalyst.com/calendars/fda-calendar
barrons.com/articles/shorting-uvxy-and-turning-a-profit-is-really-really-hard-1504105190
investing.com/news/economy-news/jobs-report-not-gloomy-enough-to-change-fed-rate-hike-path-524796?utm_source=Desktop Notifications&utm_medium=referral
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for putting myself on suicide watch for buying UVXY last night

Jobs numbers came out, UVXY fucked me for like 2%.

Dollar getting wrecked up the ass, boyos. Time to get in on those precious metal dips. If data keeps coming like this over the next few months leading to December, the Fed is going to be hard pressed to raise rates. Bad for the dollar, good for the metals.

I don't recommend taking any precious metal positions right now, better to let the volatility settle first.

my body is ready

Jobs report for anybody interested.

bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

Oct. 6th is when the next report comes out.

Wait a minute....Why is gold dropping? Interesting.

Bump for bagholders everywhere.

>UVXY
Was up 10% than realized that I dont like gains so decided to buy UVXY.

I'll put it down to a mixture of technical analysis and gold already being quite elevated, let's what burger-markets do.

You guys mind selling to me for a nice discount? Preferably below the 52 week low

Is it true boys?

can you shill your fucking shitcoin elsewhere faggot
fucking spammer

I sold mine at like 8 o'clock. I'll pick it back up to hold over the weekend.

Bought it at 29.17 im nit a cuck to buy 30+

Its gonna rebound by mid next week. Gonna HOLD. Will by more if it hits below 28.

>haven't been to /rgt/ in a week because my cuckshed in Beaumont flooded
How have you guys been?

That fucking sucks, man.

It's ok. I built it on the cheap with my own tools so I know I can fix it. My parents got flooded too and I feel sorry for them. A lot of work on that house my dad did just got fucked.
All in all we got lucky with only a few inches. People a couple of towns over have water to the rooftops.

Last night.... I need to stop being a poor and get on RH Gold.

Sep 5 was the deadline that they have to give a plan to the SEC. Pretty sure this is the one.

>JUST

When Shills** keep getting it right. I've been watching this shit for 2 weeks now. And it blows up the today.

**Excluding those Greek Shipping Fags

Don't you have Flood Insurance?

EMES looks like they're turning upward.

Yeah MNKD shill made me a boatload even with me selling days early from that massive bull run it had.

I'm not really seeing any hot picks right now though, today may be boring since long weekend my dudes

I sold 700 shares of APVO for a loss on Tuesday. I would've literally made like $700-800 if I held

>Energy and Energy Accessories

I'm not touch energy/oil companies anymore after CHK fucked me over. Oil is the past anyways.

Thanks to whom ever told me to get RTNB
Got it at 1.60 sold off at 2.16

Its still at about 1.90 now

Am I only able to buy whole number amounts of stocks?

Your welcome. Though, it's like playing Russian Roulette. I've had great days with this and been shot in the head other days.

First time being home to trading, you NEETS listen to something or watch Bloomberg?

Its a pump and dump stock. Semi-weekly cycle.

>sold 700 shares of APVO for a loss
>Sold for a Loss
>Loss

You can't take loses if you don't sell my dude.

MAGA S&P index fund coming out next week.
reuters.com/article/us-usa-funds-republican/new-etf-plans-to-make-america-great-again-idUSKCN1BB35D
Could make some easy money off the pop from Trumpanzees buying in

UVXY

On the way up, why didn't I buy the Dip at 28.36 to lower by avg holding price.

How do you guys know if a stock will rise or fall just from the news?

True, but most of the time in the past I made back what I lost and then some by dumping bad stocks

Can't believe I let you fucks convince me not to reload APVO at 1.2.

Cost me fucking thousands.

Is there any merit to buying stocks over $10 as opposed to those under?

Currently in NMM, SWN, and TNP long term.

My most successful bet so far has been NMM, but all three are still near all time lows, with very low debt. Its not too late to buy.

Chill my man

What if it ended up crashing? These cheap stocks can go either way
>"I can't believe I let you fucks convince me to buy more APVO. Cost me fucking thousands"

Mean

Fuck it just get in now. The job numbers killed the bull some how.

Bloomberg is great. Vonnie Quinn is my Bloomberg waifu.

Depends on what type of stock:

Pharma/Bio Stocks: Wait for FDA news, check out sites like biopharmcatalyst.com/calendars/fda-calendar
You can also subscribe to get FDA announcement news by email.

Velocity Stocks: Watch Trump's Tweets and other Goblin Gains like Kim Jong-un (NK) and Yellen (FED). You can also make money on either good or bad news.

As always "Wise men can hear profit in the wind."

Get in PI now

Oh dang, it just spiked a little. I'll watch and wait for a good entry, thanks user.

Also AKCA has been taking a beating, may be a good time to get some shares

CEI is doing a thing again

CEI is a gamble and probably a day trade for most anons

Money made is money made. Doesn't matter how it's done. Personally I holding for the big payout. My average is .17

Anyone know of an actual reputable stock worth buying long-term? Tired of the endless penny stock scams shilled in here.

HIMX still going up

and it's gonna keep going leading up to the Apple event on September 12th

I agree completely, I just don't want anons holding and getting rekt. That's a damn good average, you didn't sell at that spike?

does that site have a live feed of Bloomberg?

Im currently watching CNBC, don't have Bloom.

Pick any stock in the S&P 500. Just know that there is no such thing as guranteed money. Also keep in mind these stocks, not the pennyshits, will be hit the hardest when the correction happens.

ADMS AKCA OTIC

Another great buying point for DRYS

>falling for the insurance Jew
No. My shack wasn't worth insuring. It was just for a time till I got back on my feet after months unwanted neetdom. My mom canceled the flood insurance a couple of years ago because she wanted to save $300 a year. She should be shot desu.

I just bought $300 of NMM. How fucked am I? Will I get fucked by (((reverse splits))) like DRYS and TOPs?

Your entry is probably around now desu, I got in around 30 and I'm holding at least until $40

I took some profit (1/3 of my position) on that 21st run up.

Here's an interesting read regarding volatility.

barrons.com/articles/shorting-uvxy-and-turning-a-profit-is-really-really-hard-1504105190

I'm going to sit long in UVXY and if I lose have my money, I will triple the position.

Who is this on CNBC?

UVXY will recover, gonna be 30+.
Any recommendations? I have $60 collecting dust.

Interesting

>Pick any stock in the S&P 500

Brilliant. I'll go throw a dart.

>ADMS
Buy high sell low, right?

Any real reason to buy these?

I don't have Bloomberg on the TV. I imagine that it's the same or very similar. It has interviews and economic reports.

why did OTIC never bounce?

investing.com/news/economy-news/jobs-report-not-gloomy-enough-to-change-fed-rate-hike-path-524796?utm_source=Desktop Notifications&utm_medium=referral

Article explains why the fed may still go ahead with a rate hike in December. August tends to be a bad in terms of job data, did not know that.

Market currently doesn't seem to think it'll happen though.

Don't do this senpai. Look at all the stockholm syndrome bagholders on stocktwits.

I'd rather buy UVXY when there's actually a happening and take a small profit hit versus constantly averaging down every week

>Barrons: To Read the Full Story, Subscribe or Sign In

Paste full article friendo.

Anyone Trading around for the last Government (Semi) Shut Down? How to make gains on it?

Fuck that bimbo. Post the qt brunette who shills for Bitcoin at every chance she gets. Or the asian qt. Best CNBC girls.

I got in when it dipped back slightly after that spike I commented on. Thanks user, I really do appreciate it. Next time something comes up on my radar I'll be posting it here

Smart, you are not the average user that lurks these threads I see

Speaking of Bloomberg... Just saw PANW on there. Nice gainz for a stock that's $130+. Up almost $5 today. New price targets at $180.

The New York Times reported Monday that one day trader managed to turn $500,000 into $12 million over five years by shorting a leveraged VIX exchange-traded fund like the ProShares Ultra VIX Short-Term Futures (UVXY).

The story combined with the fact that the CBOE Volatility Index or the VIX has been at historic lows for most of this year might make shorting VIX ETFs an enticing investment strategy, but it's very, very difficult to get it right. Macro Risk Advisors derivatives strategist Pravit Chintawongvanich crunched the numbers and confirmed that it is indeed possible for a simple short strategy to achieve those returns, but requires an iron stomach. In a note published today, he wrote:

Just for kicks, we wanted to see if it would really be possible for someone trading a simple strategy of shorting UVXY (with extremely high leverage) could have achieved these returns over the past 5 years, ignoring the borrow cost on UVXY shares. We are NOT in any way recommending this strategy, this is purely for illustrative purposes (and laughs)! The exact details of the rules are unimportant (since we aren’t pitching this as a viable strategy) – we simply simulated always shorting UVXY with a certain % of one’s money and shorting more when the VIX spiked. The point is that yes, it was possible, but only by taking extreme amounts of leverage and suffering multiple high (60%+) drawdowns. Also, notice how most of the money was made in the past year!
Most importantly, this strategy would not have survived 2008 and in fact it was mostly wiped out long before 2008 even happened. Even looking at 2011, we can see that the strategy would have suffered a 90%+ drawdown. This shows how the past 5 years have been a uniquely good time for shorting volatility, causing these strategies to have a misleadingly high Sharpe ratio. But that high Sharpe conceals the actual danger of running a negative convexity strategy with excessively high leverage.

>past 5 years have been a uniquely good time for shorting volatility

Quantitative easing, low interest rates, and the market listening for the whispers of tax reform are all playing their role. Volatility will return, just try to make sure you shorters don't lose a large amount of what you've gained after all this time.

$50 a decent amount to try this out with? I've never traded before o3o

I started with $100 to get comfy and learn as I go

BUY DRYS

>APV-

Oh.

Prediction on at ATVI. COD and destiny coming out next week

There's still time to book a trip to moon user.

Why do you think it will moon? Seems risky

Any memes today lads?

>He's not in SYN

>penny stock biotech

foot locker

It's already up 40% in the past couple weeks. There's not much more upside unless they come up with something.

This was due to the European Central Bank making an announcement after they saw US job data. It caused the euro to drop relative to the dollar. This caused the dollar index, which was initially dropping, to slightly recover, which caused gold to stop spiking.

Warning to UVXY lads- that shit is a slow, painful death. I lost a lot on it during election season last year, even more when the market shot up after Trump won. Sadly I was betting on his win but didnt realize it would tank volatility.

Nowadays for volatility, I only play XIV after a spike with enough reserves in safer stocks/cash to average down plenty of times if necessary. Thats how I made my losses back, slow gains and xiv every dip. It will work until the bull market ends

WRPT

>Muh Its Going to be Another Rally Day
>Muh UVXY bagholders on Suicide Watch

20 min til noon and XIV is stalling, only up 0.56 today while up 2.52 yesterday. UVXY is the future get on.

There's not going to be a pop unless Trump or Kimmy do something

Alibaba is about to catch up to Amazon's Market Cap. How is this possible? Is it a Chinese Pump and Dump? Can Jack be trusted?

Market Cap:
Baba- 433.86B
Amzn- 470.73B

Shares Outstanding:
Baba- 2.53B (KEK)
Amzn- 480.38M

Also Pic KEK

I hear you, but 10 is really the floor for the VIX, it can go lower, but not that much. UVXY will spike by mid next week like clock work, and then we can ride XIV down again.

So I got the app all set up, insta-approved and deposited my $50 in there. Where do I go from here? I'm utterly clueless right now but hoping to learn as I go.

>can Jack be trusted
Alibaba is huge in China and Russia. Aliexpress is slowly taking on in the west too.

Papa Jack has that deep pride/ work ethic too

Will UVXY hit 30? Or will it go down more?

Buy stocks

>GBR

faggot

>BZUN

On the way up, finally I can break even on that Shitty Chinese version of SHOP.

>HPE