1 Timothy 6:6-10

1 Timothy 6:6-10
>But godliness with contentment is great gain.
>For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
>And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
>But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
>For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=08_KByUwH6c
youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

amen

Me and my friends had a big discussion on religion the other day. We kind of concluded that even if it's not true, it often teaches good morals to follow regardless. 'Cept for maybe Islam I guess.

I'm not in love with money. I'm pursuing an engineering degree because I know I'm capable of it and to make my parents proud. I'm getting into crypto (with the chump change I have) out of boredom/interest. Maybe I'll be able to buy my parents a real home. Who knows.

Biblepay is good project which rewards orphans...

>We kind of concluded that even if it's not true, it often teaches good morals to follow regardless.

Even the Bible says that it's pointless if it's not true.

>Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?
>And why stand we in jeopardy every hour?
>I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
>If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.
>Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
>Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

Now you can say "well it has stories in it that are hard to believe" at which point I'd say yeah, that's kind of the point. The Bible stresses the centrality of faith in the Christian worldview.
Hebrews 11:1
>Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Romans 8:24
>For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

When I make these moon gains, you bet I'll be donating to the Lord

Ecclesiastes 11:1-6

(Invest)
Invest your money in foreign trade, and one of these days you will make a profit.

(diversify your assets)
Put your investments in several places - many places even - because you never know what kind of bad luck you are going to have in this world.

(hold long term)
No matter which direction a tree falls, it will lie where it fell. When the clouds are full, it rains.

( get started as soon as possible)
If you wait until the wind and the weather are just right, you will never plant anything and never harvest anything.

(there's no sure way, just hope and pray)
God made everything, and you can no more understand what he does than you understand how new life begins in the womb of a pregnant woman.

(always keep an eye on your assets)
Do your planting in the morning and in the evening, too. You never know whether it will all grow well or whether one planting will do better than the other.

I haven't looked into the Bible in over 15 years. Looking at it now, it seems they were just jealous of what the rich people had, and tried to talk it down to make themselves feel better.
Remind anyone else of nocoiners???

I am doing it with the hopes of earning enough to buy a flat. Then I will rent out the flat, and the income from this will help me care for my family. If I am lucky I can earn enough this way in order to also work in my passion and hopefully earn money doing it.

Those aren't actual Bible quotes.

do you even read the Bible? In a world where you can verify something in 2 clicks you chose to shitpost

read

The Bible references money and possessions 2,350 times. That’s a lot. It’s more than Jesus talked about love, and more than He talked about heaven and hell combined.

Did you actually read the Bible or was it only in Sunday school.

>Even the Bible says that it's pointless if it's not true.

That's exactly what I thought.

But my friends said if we knew we only had

Kek

>do you even read the Bible? In a world where you can verify something in 2 clicks you chose to shitpost

Sorry sweetie that isn't the real Bible.

youtube.com/watch?v=08_KByUwH6c

There goes the idiot who pushes KJV as the real bible.

Are you really that dumb to believe KJV is the only legit translation? Do you even read history or linguistics. I'm not gonna even start one with your kind of people.

>Are you really that dumb to believe KJV is the only legit translation?

No, there are plenty of other good translations. The problem is that they're in other languages. For English speakers, the King James Bible is the only suitable bible for usage in English. All of your copyrighted, gender-neutral Catholic Babel bibles are perversions of God's word.

youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ

Most important:
Deuteronomy 22:8
When thou buildest a new house, then thou shalt make a battlement for thy roof, that thou bring not blood upon thine house, if any man fall from thence.

Not sure what that has to do with anything but at least it's the real bible.

the love of money is the root of all evil

your investing in crypto with the hopes of making enough to buy a house.... sounds like you covet money

>For the love of money is the root of all evil
Nice oversimplification Jesus.

Pretty sure that was St. Paul though.