Problem, allies?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloster_Meteor
youtube.com/watch?v=JBnBSJ9bz3A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Whittle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swept_wing#Development
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Me_262#High-speed_research
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Always loved the paint job on these. Post more strange and experimental WW2 aircraft.

That depends, can you slow down enough in that plane to actually shoot someone?

This plane was supposed to be developed early in war.If Hitler waited 3 more years to start the storm,Germany would be much better.

>Engines spontaneously combust

>Gets shot down while attempting to land

>*melts*

>Shot down by a piston-engined fighter
Lmao, Jerries.

*runs out of fuel*
*some idiot orders to use it as a bomber*

The diaper shitting babies on here can't handle the power of German ingenuity and technological might of NS Germany.

They should have just continued producing Fw 190s and focused on securing fuel supplies and enough skilled pilots, but it was too late for this at that point anyway.

Not everything the Germans produced in WW2 was super advanced, the Allies were significantly superior in numerous fields. The Me 262 is certainly not the best example of German technological skill of WW2 when you have this being ready a few months later:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloster_Meteor

>buttflustered wehrb can't handle bants
I swear to God not even burgers get this angry when you make fun of their North American Shitstang

Imagine being this upset about someone making fun of a fucking plane

>no swept back wing
enjoy your wave drag homo

It worked just fine. Can you actually post without unneccesary insults?

My personal favorite, the Kyushu J7W "Shinden"

Actually a surprinsingly solid design, it was obviously intended to be a jet aircraft but since Japan didn't have an operational jet engine yet when it was developed they just strapped a radial engine to it. Even then it was faster than any allied propeller fighter.

These Me 262s weren't exactly strange and experimental, though. About 1,400 of these were built.

The Smithsonian actually recovered one of the prototypes, but it's in pieces now, the nose and cockpit section is on display while awaiting an eventual restoration.

>It worked just fine
You have no idea what happens in the transonic speed range do you? Or what a swept wing even does?

>You have no idea what happens in the transonic speed range do you? Or what a swept wing even does?
No I don't honestly, but I know the Meteor was widely used by many air forces around the world, why would they do that if it was a bad design?

also if I interpret your graph correctly the fact that the Meteors top speed was Mach 0.82 means that it would have no need for swept wings, or am I wrong with that assumption?

Best looking one

The Meteor adopted swept wings in the 1950s

Coal powered.

Eh?

>why would they do that if it was a bad design?
Not saying it's a fatal flaw, but pretty much any aircraft that goes anywhere near the speed of sound has swept back wings to reduce transonic effects. What it boils down to is that your Ghost Meteor won't be as fast as a Me 262 (if the available thrust is the same, i have no idea about that). Not sure how much of a game changer this is, but i think being able to fly faster isn't really a disadvantage.

The top speed of Mach 0,82 is a direct result of the aircraft design. It's not really a barrier yet but the drag increases enormously after a certain point

Right, I also read the Messerschmitt was faster. Thanks for the explanation!

>Need to be reengined after 15-25 hours at 80% thrust
This is a good idea

You're welcome. It basically boils down to that the projected speed is lower with a swept wing. This also means lower lift, so that's why you'll always find straight wings for low speed aircraft.
There's more to it so i'll leave it at that, but the sweep angle of the Meteor was something that immediately caught my attention.

That's because they had to use inferior metal alloys because of late war material shortages and was not the result of a bad design

could it work?

It flew, so yes. The question is whether it would be the right design for a fighter, which I guess it wasn't, since no nation adopted flying-wing fighter designs after the war (despite enough tests).

In recent years this type of design is used for bombers and UAVs (see B-2 or X-47B)

The Horten Ho 229? Why wouldn't it? two prototypes were built and they had experience with flying wings for over a decade
youtube.com/watch?v=JBnBSJ9bz3A

It's was designed to be a long range light bomber senpai

Interesting, didn't know that.

Problem, krauts?

based
>and he's still alive

Will be sad when he goes.

Is this Veeky Forums's version of BLACKED?

>technological might of NS Germany

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Whittle

Problem, Naziboos? The Nazis were not smart and never invented anything. Everything you think they made existed before the war.

Apparently the engines on this thing were so fragile they'd randomly catch fire in the middle of flight.

*shoots you down*

>not understanding the technological superiority of horse-drawn carts over technologically backwards combustion engine powered autocars

Bet that you niggers still use guns instead of more advanced weaponry like pointy sticks and sharpened rocks.

>sharpened rocks
>he doesn't use his fingernails
Look at this absolute fucking steppe-nigger savage

I still see you all have super full diapers that can't handle the truth about NS Germany. You'd be filling those huggies diapers of yours to the brim if you encountered the Germans.

That jet was outclassed in every way by the P-51K's entering service.

>You'd be filling those huggies diapers of yours to the brim if you encountered the Germans.
For your information I'm wearing Rearz Safari, not huggies.

How the fuck was a backwards nation like Japan so competitive in aircraft design?

Of course you would be telling us what you are wearing you diaper wearing fetish faggot. No matter, diaper shitter, it's obvious that diaper of yours still full over the fact that you are scared of the truth.

It's actually cause I had oatmeal, not of the truth

it blows my mind that a guy who flew mustangs in anger tweets about it.

it's like finding out that some hoary old kraut tank driver makes money by advising games companies on how to make their sims more realistic

Me 262's swept wings had nothing to do with aerodynamics, they were there so the engines didn't put the center of gravity too far forward,

>top speed: 700km/h

You don't want to slow down. When you're fast you might not hit as reliably as your firing window gets smaller, but you're also pretty much invulnerable. Me262s when they were shot down at all they were usually shot down during take-offs or landings. Or they were destroyed they were on the ground that is.

Not him, but almost every 1 engine fighter in WW2 had more losses on the ground than they did in the air. And if you're trying to fend off bombing raids, whcih was the usual case in 1944, you do indeed need to shoot things down. Zipping around and not stopping those A-36s (or whatever) and not getting blown away yourself won't help those guys on the ground very much.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swept_wing#Development
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Me_262#High-speed_research

They were aware of the effects of sweep in transonic flow before the war even started, but it looks like they didn't research it properly untill they actually had aircraft capable of such speeds, which is somewhat understandable i guess.
And even if the sweep angle initially wasn't aerodynamically motivated (i can't find solid sources for one case or the other) the advantages were still there. It was faster than any allied aircraft by a large margin