This confuses and angers the mongol

>this confuses and angers the mongol

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Baghdad_(1258)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mongols had encountered fortifications before, just not a multitude of fortifications that hold nothing valuable and exist solely to fuck with an invading army.

>oh look, its a fort
>but the money and food aren't in it
>they are instead down the river in the empty village
>oh well, lets go there and take it

HA HA DIRTY MONGOLS GET REKT

>empty village
>people wouldn't have taken food and valuables with them

Except there wouldn't be valuables in a small village either. Wealth in Europe beyond food and animals would be in major cities which were surrounded by hundreds of smaller forts.

>oh shit!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Baghdad_(1258)

>peasants allowed in the castle
If that happened, they'd just starve in a month. Only the important people were allowed in.

Medieval Europe was ridiculously decentralized. The noble's money would be 100s off miles away with the church, relatives and Italian/Jewish bankers while the peasants would take their buckwheat and goats to the hills, most of it was already hidden from their landlord and local bandits in caches anyway.

The Mongols simply could not comprehend this strange land and let it be.

>walls made out of mud bricks

>throws diseased heads over the walls
Game over, s*dentary.

they wouldn't go into the castle, they would flee to other villages/cities

>this confuses and angers the mongol

>this confuses and angers the romans

I like trees.

>this DOESNT confuse or anger the German

Ardennes. Hahaha

Are there any good books/videos on this topic? Inb4 pseuds complaining about videos.

What the fuck are you talking about? The Mongols left because the Khan died.

This is the appropriate answer. This is indeed why they didn't find success in their initial stabs into Europe.

Though one of them would have gotten around to it sooner or later. Europe got around to conquering almost everyone in their time too.

Ermemermrmrmrr sort of

They left that season of campaigning because the Khan died. Another Khan might easily have decided to go Europe instead of another direction.

Bear in mind that this forest would look different in Antiquity. It was much more dense and marshy back then.

You do realize that the Mongols had encountered extensive fortifications across Asia and the ME during their conquests right?

Wait, are you suggesting they actually managed to cross the Wall of China?

>sieging a city is the same as sieging a castle
Top fucking kek.

The romans' way to deal with a forest usually was to cut it down.
Caesar for example literally had a path cut into gallic sacred woods to avoid being ambushed and shit. And by "path" I mean a space large enough for columns to march in while leaving enough open space in the flanks to make ambushes impossible.

The issue with Teutoburg wasn't the forest, it was being led into an ambush by a treacherous guide while the general was under the impression he was marching through a peaceful region.

Why the fuck would you want to siege a worthless castle anyway? Let the retards sit behind their walls while the mongols pillage the cities and surroundings.

Always the same argument.
You siege castles to avoid getting your rear raided to annihilation and to actually have a path to run supply lines through.
Imagine sitting down to siege a city, sending out foraging parties (who get attacked) because you're not receiving supplies (because they're getting attacked). That's why you siege the castles.

Nice meme. The news coincided with the end of the campaign season and a defeat near Vienna, the Mongols never attempted an invasion, just probing raids which again yielded little, were increasingly risky and petered out in the late 13th century.

Again due to decentralization. Eurorps believe the renaissance was a time of centralization, compared to the rest of the world's giant caliphates and such it was still a patchwork of princelings, notably the clusterfuck that was the Holy Roman Empire. It would allow various conquistadors, pirates and explorers to use their own initiative while still ostensibly being part of the same polity.

Here's how the Mongols counter:
>Gunpowder
>Artillery
>Siege Engineers
>Biological Warfare
>Destroying villages and infrastructure
There's a reason why the raiding force the Mongols sent BTFO Eastern Europe in near all conflicts

>Mongols attack european country with at least 20,000 men, literally the invasion force they usually use
>Call it raiding force

>Mongols would've destroyed Europe if not for muh Khan dies
>They literally attack and fail to conquer it and pull back
>I-t's because X is a fucking shithole!
>Check out my ebin wikipedia screencap of a city getting sieged! I bet my refusal to understand how castles are built and differ from middle eastern cities and how warfare works in Catholic world showed you!

And my favourite
>It's a raiding party!
>Disregarding how "raiding party" doesn't mean "destroy and take everything and pull back" but simply any force travelling on enemy territory

Arabs conquered vast regions such as Iran, Africa and Syria using "raiding parties", that's how their military worked.

>mongols attack the land
>you try to attack but mongols defeat your knights
>hole up inside a tiny 10x10 castle
>mongols ignore it and take all the lifestock/rape women/kill men
>mongols leave afterwards
>claim we won and drove the mongols
Life of a European

they would tow canons and whatever else they need if they want that place

They has encountered fortifications, but had they encountered them in the numbers that would be found in Europe?

Pic related is the castles in a remote part, of a remote country.

*destroys the entire mongol horde*

>I have no idea what castles are actually for: The Post

For about five minutes, maybe.

>raid village
>set up camp
>Europeans sally out of castle and fuck you up while you're sleeping
>AAAAH SAVE ME GENGHIS

Nothing like castles, and nothing as numerous.

What is up with the nu make obsession with mongols?

Wales isn't really that representative because the English built a very high amount of large castles to pacify it after a lot of revolts.

I've noticed that. Particularly with the dothraki in GoT beating armoured pikemen with scythes and light horse. Unbelievable.

mongolboos have been around since the days Veeky Forums was just an occasional thread on /int/, it's not a new phenom

Except the next Great Khan wasn't elected for the next 5 years because the Borjigin princes were unable to attend all at once. And when Guyuk was elected the Great Khan, he had a really strong rivalry with Batu, who ruled the western lands including Rus'. He recalled Subutai from the west, started undermining Batu's authority with the Rus' princes and appointing his own officials in place of those appointed by Batu.

In the end Guyuk died 2 years later, probably by a plot between Batu and the Toluids. The Toluids were descended from the Christian Kerait princess Sorghaghtani Beki and were reluctant to attack Christian nations, preferring to fight Muslims and the Chinese.