Mods are asleep, post sexy maps

mods are asleep, post sexy maps

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=czF8okZRyPc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i love language maps

What's with the Turkish bits in Greece? Thrace I get, but the mainland bits look odd.

map of known roman villas in britain

youtube.com/watch?v=czF8okZRyPc

Albanians, Bulgars and Gypsies

>Alsace-Lorraine, Switzerland, and Austria speak German
>aren't part of Germany
hopefully WW3 will right this grave injustice

>Sorbia is part of Germany
>Descendants of Slavs in current Germany are indoctrinated into being German
Hopefully WW3 would correct this mistake and remove Germany and German language from the face of Earth.

>descendants of Germanified Gallo-Romans are STILL under the boot of the Eternal Kraut

Hopefully WW3 will correct this mistake.

>romeboo thinks his giant blob covering the Mediterranean looks good somehow

It has nothing to do with J2. It may look or sound logical, but it's bullshit.

Based Vicky II

This map gives regional languages way too big ares; Breton is barely spoken outside the tip of Brittany anymore, Catalan was never spoken outside of Roussillon, Lorraine doesnt speak German/Alsatian...

This one's always fun to look at. It's especially interesting how one can see the frontier of Slavic settlement.

God Tier

Majority of names ending with ow/ov, owa/ova, owo/ovo, in, ina, ino, au, itz, itza, itze or having wend/vind root are of Slavic origin.

Yes, that's what I was alluding to.

What am I looking at?

Slavic settlement (+surrounding groups) in 7th/8th century.
Legend:
East Slavs
West Slavs
South Slavs
Balts
Finno-Ugrians
Turks
Germanic people
Romanic nations
other nations

Border of the kingdom of Samo in 7th century
Borders of other states in 7th/8th century

names of Slavic tribes
names of other tribes

Legend for this one:
Slavs
Balts
Finno-Ugrians
Turks
Territories abandoned during nomadic invasions
Territories, settled by different nations or tribes
Several Slavic tribes in the same territory
Territories under Kievan control in 10th century

>Slovaks existing before 1000 AD
Brainlet maps

I don't think any names of the Proto-Slovak tribes are known.

Slovenes. Alternatively Nitravians.

Interesting stuff when you consider it was the north-east and Prussian Germans that had the biggest beef with the Slavs.

slavs are the biggest self-haters

Are they well known for it? I figured it must have been a compensation thing that became cultural for them.

Slavs despite the memes are very intelligent and too self-aware and that's enough to cause depression and suicidal thoughts.

There is also a victim complex and inferiority complex towards West because of Communism, so.

That's just some /int/-tier bullshit. Yes, there was more animosity between descendants of the Germanised Slavs and their Slavic neighbours but that doesnt mean the same phenomenon can be transplanted over the whole non-Germanised ethno-linguistic group. It was the assimilated people and their descendants who had an inferiority complex and compensated by lashing out and it's something that can still be seen to this day, for example among the Carinthian Austrians.

Going for Italy and Spain was a mistake. The Ostrogoths were massive Romanboos, they should have gone for a diplomatic take over, marriage and military alliance.

It's a shit map: neither Ukrainian nor Belorussian are spoken in Russia. I mean, Belorussian is barely spoken in Belorussia itself, and most of Eastern Ukraine speaks Russian natively. Same for Karelian, it's spoken in Russia, but it's a minority language in the area. The Transcarpathian region of Ukraine is depicted as speaking Romanian, while it has Ukrainian majority and significant Hungarian minority, with Romanian barely present.

Also, the map depicts Galician and Catalan but thinks Occitan and Sicilian don't exist for some reason.

what?

It's a culture map from a mod for Europa Universalis 3 or some other Paradox game, not really fitting for a thread like this.

Yeah but wtf is Prussian (Creek) or Thüringian (Albanian)

I don't know, I presume the cultures in the parentheses are the ones getting replaced from vanilla.

They forgot Hannother tho.

Implyin alsace speak german anymore . There's no regional language anymore except for old people and larper

Too bad the guy who made these stopped making them years ago. They aren't the prettiest out there, but they are free as in freedom and cover a lot of time and space.

>There is also a victim complex and inferiority complex towards West because of Communism

I guess it depends where you're from, over here in Serbia nobody really has an inferiority complex towards the West regarding Communism, at least not in itself. Then again, Yugoslavia was Communism-light for the most part.

>central America 1500 -> 1600

Jesus.

Anyone got good maps of the Sassanids or the Parthians?

hnnnng

awesome thread guys

>Romash
>In all of Friuli and a good chunk of Veneto
Yeah okay.

>talks about removing the Germans
>posts map where only one of the Germanic nations has been destroyed
>it's not even Austria

If you really hated the kraut menace, you would destroy Austria, The Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, and about a third of Switzerland.

I L L U S T R A T E