Why won't Brits give it back?

Why won't Brits give it back?

Because now it's their property.

they are the most evil """"people"""" that have ever existed

Perfidy
They also kept the Defender of the Faith Title, despite being Heretics

have you ever seen British ''''''''''art'''''''''''?

Yes? Is there a problem?

Why should they? Greece is shit.

come and fucking take it back you fuckin cunts

As if Greece can afford to pay for the proper care and attention the Marbles deserve.

Because the retards would just break them.

These

>povvo country lets the art created by their superior forebearers fall into ruin.

>civilised country takes custodian of said art so civilisation can appreciate and learn from it.

>povvo country slams table and demands it back.

sorry georgios. they belong to the world now.

Because British people are a bunch of inbred retarded island dwellers who can't make things on their own.

>t. Pierre

Because Arabs do not respect for any culture not even their own culture and will smash it to bits the moment the muslim brotherhood declares it HAREM and idolatry.

The non-meme answer is that Erdogan is being a literal neo-Ottoman and any historical work sent to Greece could be in great danger.

Wish a nigga would, desu. Any excuse to give Turkey a taste of Hellfire

>t. Nigel

Also, Greeks are lazy retards who don't pay taxes and would sell all that marble if it meant they could retire at 50.

Because if they return them (and I agree that they should be returned because they simply don't belong there) every other country would want their's back.

I disagree with Elgin's actions, but a) they were perfectly legal so feelz will achieve nothing, and b) surely freeing Greece from the Ottoman yoke compensates somewhat?

>also Elgin was a Scot you braindead fucktards

Is this the one by the "It's art because I say it is" bitch? There was some documentary about beauty in art where this bitch showed up. Pissed me right the fuck off

because the countries this art hails from lack enough responsibility to be entrusted with the stewardship of the works in question

Scottish are Brits you fucking mongoloid.

britshits are thiefs

>pirates
>"colonization"

they even wanted continental clay from the french, can you imagine that

At the Acropolis museum in Athens they actually have a full scale plaster replica of the entire 525 foot long frieze, and there's a big sign that says in a whole bunch of languages "this gallery is where Greece's stolen artifacts will be displayed once they are returned by the UK"

it's so easy to turn this backwards

>impoverished country just gotten independent, from barbaric islamic rule

>bunch of marauders come to loot the place historic artifacts and run back to parade them

>after the country get a grasp of itself it's rightful demands are met with smug dismissal

>get a grasp of itself.
Greece has gone bankrupt twice since Ottoman independence, and was kicked out of the last currency union it was in.
They aren't quite there yet.

Top bants

They don't have any of their own

>they even wanted continental clay back from the french

ftfy

Let's be fair, most of the stuff the British have is far safer with them than it is going back to their original countries.

Because white people they have no culture and can only show what brown people made.
#truth

>stolen

Personal anecdote:
> Brother's friend is Egyptian
> invites family to spend some days in Cairo
> safety concerns aside (post- Muslim Brotherhood, but still relatively unstable), we decide to go
> one day, go to Egyptian museum
> tanks surrounding the place, seems well protected
> enter
> absolutely horrified
> historical artifacts just kind of standing around
> other people casually touching them
> sarcophagi were unceremoniously opened (and I'm pretty sure it wasn't all because grave robbers)
> mummies just standing lying there, some with limbs missing
> place was dirty, litter everywhere, no cameras

Honestly, I'm kind of happy European countries kept these things. They can be taken care for better than in their home countries. Yeah, it's patronizing, but at least some average Joe can't just rip himself off a chunk of history and carry it home with him to waste away. If the things in the Pergamon museum, for example, had stayed where they used to be, I have no doubt in my mind that they wouldn't be with us anymore.