Move aside, Holy Roman Empire

Move aside, Holy Roman Empire

What the fuck

The Princely States

It's... beautiful

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*vomits profusely

How does this sort of thing even happen? Why didn't any of the bigger realms just engulf the smaller ones?

>A princely state (also called a native state or Indian state) was a state within the former British Indian Empire where a native Indian prince held rule on behalf of the British rather than them holding direct control over the state. In reality the British still controlled the state as they had control over the local ruler. Such states could not have relations with other states without British approval.

Either I find this beautiful or disgusting. I'm not sure which.

Embrace the gore

Divide and conquer

spoken like a true eternal anglo

Even the geographic map of India looks like poo.

I've always wondered about maps like this, see if you can't help me out —

Find that most southern splotch of blue, labled "Kodinar", surrounded by the red labeled "Junagadh".

Got it?

Now look at that eastern intrusion of red like a peninsula into the blue.

Got that?

Now look at the northern border of the red/blue line, and the middle there, where there is a tiny blip of red pushing into the blue.
Now why the fuck is that, that particular, minute blip there. Who can possibly verify that and explain it's existence. How can anyone other than the map maker be completely certain that that little blip is supposed to be there, how can we know that the map maker just decided to say, fuck it, little blip here, no one will know the difference anyway.

How can we know? And do we really even care?

It's not ancient history, it's from 1947
Also all of them were managed by the Western India Agency of the British Empire

>Find that most southern splotch of blue, labled "Kodinar", surrounded by the red labeled "Junagadh".

>Got it?

>Now look at that eastern intrusion of red like a peninsula into the blue.

>Got that?

>Now look at the northern border of the red/blue line, and the middle there, where there is a tiny blip of red pushing into the blue.
>Now why the fuck is that, that particular, minute blip there. Who can possibly verify that and explain it's existence.

Just draw it on a map dude, I have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm talking about this you dimlo, that little bump of red on the top, poking in the blue.

What I'm asking is: show me one person alive besides the map maker who has any idea what that is there. My second point is: how the fuck does the map maker even know it's really supposed to be there, what if he just had a vague idea and scribbles the rest.

I'm sure there are old British and Indian documents that mention it.

It's probably one of those things where the lines were drawn according to landmarks. Chieftain Red says his area extends out to this tree and this rock, but Chieftain Blue says his own area extends out to this pond that's smack in the middle of the tree and the rock. So we get wavy lines to snake between them, and squigglies when there's a few of these in a row.

Indian independence was a mistake
This is border gor but it's so beautiful at the same time

>Find that most southern splotch of blue, labled "Kodinar"
It's purple you brainlet.

More like an eyelet? As in colorblind?

Meanwhile Cutch is seating there comfyand big