Can someone explain North Korea to me? Is really that bad or is just another american bullshit?

Can someone explain North Korea to me? Is really that bad or is just another american bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SzTC31JA7DY
youtube.com/watch?v=umO1Sl8HApE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoeryong_concentration_camp#cite_note-nkdb-1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Dong-hyuk
robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2015/06/09/the-north-korea-is-dark-at-night-lie/
independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/north-korea-its-not-a-problem-that-country-goes-dark-at-night-10033200.html
washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/07/26/why-is-putin-backing-north-korea-to-build-up-russia-as-a-great-power/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Definitly a bit of both. The media makes this boogeyman of it and scares how scary and bad """communism""" is, it's still not a nice place to live though, poor as fuck and ran by a dictator that doesn't give a shit.

This. The "whackiness" of the place is a media exagerration. In reality it's not much more than an economically underdeveloped police state. I think it wouldn't receive the amount of attention it does if it wasn't for the enormous contrast between it and Japan and South Korea

>American media is responsible for North Korea being the shit hole it actually is.
No.

The official religion, Juche, is a hell of a drug.

The saddest part is that rather than attempt to correct the misinformation and try to defend their ideology, they play into it because it boosts tourism. I mean what does that tell you about our society?
Do you have no reading comprehension?

>The official religion
It's not a religion retard, it's "the official state ideology"

>it's still not a nice place to live though
Aside "poverty", which is debatable (ithere is poverty everywhere), what makes this country a bad place to live? From what I see there's no road traffic, no ads everywhere, no gypsies, and so on... Seems good to me.

I mean memes aside if you replaced asians with whites and rebrand it a bit /pol/ would support it.

Posting in a teenager thread.

That almost sounds like you're complaining about your country there, user.

North Korea is an old, sick dog that no one wants to adopt. It's in the best interest of everyone involved that North Korea stay an isolated shithole. Everyone except North Korea, of course.

What makes North Korea bad is a combination of an overly aggressive police state controlling everything / isolating their citizens from the rest of the world and their complete inability to take care of the basic needs of these same people they're tyrannically controlling. If it was one or the other they might be OK, but it's both.

Do you?

Not really complaining, but comparing yes.
I always wondered why everyone says "boo this country is shit" while all I see looks better than where I live...

their south korean counterparts are on average a few inches taller which indicates lack of nutrition, I doubt the videos of kids starving in the fields are media propaganda. Also only some families have things we take for granted like computers, and access to the world wide web.

This image is north korea in a nutshell

>their south korean counterparts are on average a few inches taller which indicates lack of nutrition
Their life expectancy would be a better indicator, the size is mostly due to what you eat, not how much you eat.

>the videos of kids starving in the fields
I honestly didn't see that. Link?

>computers, and access to the world wide web
I'm old enough to remember the life without computer. I don't see how it could be considered bad to not have them.

>inches
Fuck off
>I doubt the videos of kids starving in the fields are media propaganda
Post those videos then.
>Also only some families have things we take for granted like computers, and access to the world wide web.
Guess what, that's the case for most of the world's population. Of course an American wouldn't realise that.

>things we take for granted like computers, and access to the world wide web
You do NOT put a comma before "and" you RETARD!

youtube.com/watch?v=SzTC31JA7DY

Nope, sounds like complaining still. Enjoy your time in the gulag you treasonous piece of shit.

It's totally valid to use a comma before and brainlette

Ah yes, homeless people don't exist elsewhere.
If you run to another country without a citizenship, a job or any sort of plan this will happen, how is this NKorea's fault? If anything it shows how SKorea fails to tackle the homeless problem.

>Criticize the government and you die
>Frequent famines
>Mandatory military service
>Incredibly limited media, foreign imports are banned and if you are caught with them you go to the gulag
>Literal concentration camps containing over a million people (under a 3-generation rule so if your grandad talked shit about the government I hope you enjoy spending your entire life there)
>Grossly unequal distribution of wealth
>Can't leave the country or travel internally without permission
>Low standard of living even if you're a loyal citizen
>Technological decline and stagnation
>3rd world tier provision of education, healthcare etc unless you are part of the elite
>The elite is constantly subject to arbitrary purges
>Huge meth problem due to widespread availability
>12 hour+ work days with almost no days off (everyone "volunteers" to work through them)
B-b-b-but there are no niggers haha I wish I could be a literal slave ;^DDDDD

It's bad because of American bullshit. They relied on the USSR and PRC but always strived to be autarkic, after the USSR fell and Deng Xiaoping reformed China the state lost all of it's foreign backers. The US imposed sanctions on them just to spite them as a former Soviet ally. If they agreed to have a Mcdonalds in Pyongyang like Cuba and Vietnam they'd be best friends now.

It should be noted, the South Koreans stepped in to help them at this point, or at least, tried to. The US stopped that. Pic related is Kim Jong Il meeting the South Korean president before the US told them to stop being friends.

So now Norks have zero allies, and the US is actively getting the South to hate them. So what do they do? They start researching nukes, because it looks like the US is going to go to war with them. They left the treaty of non proliferation on nukes in 2003. The same year the US invaded Iraq and deposed it's leader. For most of it's existence the norks didn't even pursue nukes, but after the US started "le war on terrorism" and named every country it happened to dislike part of the "axis of evil" they tried to get nukes to defend themselves.

And now "The North Koreans are attacking again!", no. President Trump has promised to bring about hellfire like you wouldn't believe, promised to fuck them up, essentially. This is them saying they're perfectly capable of nuking Tokyo if Trump tries anything. They're showing that it's not wise to try to destroy them, they won't go down without a fight.

And before anyone says "waah if you like norks so much go back you fucking commie!", nah. Their domestic policy is entirely seperate to this, I'm just explaining their foreign policy.

Having said that, the US has hard labour, the US has executions for crimes, the constitution even bans slavery "except as punishment for a crime", you can argue for and against the death penalty and hard labour all you want, but you can't say they're not the same as the US.

> how is this NKorea's fault? If anything it shows how SKorea fails to tackle the homeless problem.
I'm not sure I understand. This was filmed inside North Korea.

Was it?

Wow man, is Kim your boyfriend? North korea could be better if they go full Deng Xiaoping, but they (or I mean he) still embrace that autistic juche ideology.

>treasonous
Calm down Park Sung Ping, I'm not a gook, I don't care about your political compulsion.

They have gypsies too? fug
I mean, I expected something else, I heard about a famine in the 90s, this is just your random homeless.

>Usa is literally North Korea

hahahahahahha

I never said that, captain burger, I said the US has executions as punishment for crime and hard labour. What the hell do you think chain gangs are?

I'm just saying the "political concentration labour camps" are simply prisons with hard labour, like the US has.

>Huge meth problem due to widespread availability
SIGN ME UP!

Theme thread
youtube.com/watch?v=umO1Sl8HApE

Dude I don't even american, besides those "political concentration labour camps" have also not only prisoners but their families too, you now, just like america.

>The "whackiness" of the place is a media exagerration.
The whackiness comes from there retarded propaganda

kek

>3rd world tier provision of education, healthcare etc unless you are part of the elite
>3rd world tier provision of education, healthcare etc
>3rd world tier provision
>3rd world tier
>3rd world
ughm... ...sweaty..?

So North Korea is marked green for third world. What are you saying?

>le whole family is arrested meme
The sole claim for that is one guy who literally admitted to lying.
>In his official biography Escape from Camp 14 by Blaine Harden, Shin Dong-hyuk claimed that he was born in the camp and lived there until escaping in his early twenties. In 2015, Shin recanted some of this story.[14] Shin told Harden that he had changed some dates and locations and incorporated some "fictive elements" into his account. Harden outlined these revisions in a new foreword, but did not revise the entire book.

That it is a third world country, it never claimed to have first world standards for anything because it's never been or claimed to be a first world nation.

So that in combination with other factors makes it a pretty shitty place to live. At least if I was living in Sierra Leone I would have the choice to leave the country.

Korea was almost unified in 1950 before the UN invaded for no reason.

No one ever claimed it was a good place to live, no one wants to live in the third world.

Man that is /pol/ tier of denial

>Prisoners are mostly people who criticized the government,[1]:131–132 people deemed politically unreliable (such as South Korean prisoners of war, Christians, returnees from Japan)[13] or purged senior party members.[1]:134–136 Based on the guilt-by-association principle (Korean: 연좌제, yeonjwaje) they are often imprisoned together with the whole family including children and the elderly, and including any children born in the camp.[10] All prisoners are detained until they die; they are never released.[1]:187–188

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoeryong_concentration_camp#cite_note-nkdb-1

But not worry. If this and literally any source is propaganda for you, you can continue defending that authoritarian shithole as long as you can, I don't give a shit what you say either.

-rebellion is severely punished almost everywhere
-happened once
-pretty common until recently, countries that don't have it seriously think to implement it
-true, wrong, fake
-fake
-lol, welcome on this planet
-true
-lol again, it's like that everywhere
-don't know
-don't know
-now this should be mandatory
-cool!
-yeah this is Asia, have you seen the office drones in SK?

>Lame troll

>the source is the commitee for human rights in north korea
>THEIR source is shin don-hyuk
Bravo, western yankee pig dog wypipo.

>I think it wouldn't receive the amount of attention it does if it wasn't for the enormous contrast between it and Japan and South Korea

That and the fact that they have nukes.

>lame post

>shin don-hyuk

I supose you have a reason to hate this guy, don't you?

SeeHe literally lied about it, how many more of these memes are made up bullshit by paid off "defectors"?

t. Kim Jung Il

Huh, I always thought it was 2nd world for some reason. You're right though

Sad!

Exaggerations they themselves love to play up

t. DPRKIDF

I really hope us creating this meme didn't cause that man to be killed.

>this people redpilled about the media bullshit

I love that board.

>paid off "defectors"?

so you think that man (and every defector) put his life in risk and his family to tell lies about your shitty regime for profit, in your logic any defector is a deniable source, so I guess we need to conform with the often contradictory and biased official report of kim regime, right?

Lad, he HIMSELF said he added "fictive elements" into his book. Nobody else is saying this, he himself said it.

It's gone up and down. The worst period was during the 1990s after the fall of the Soviet Union. It is during this time that most defections occur. The standard of living has been much lower than any neighboring country for some time and the people are well aware of this, but the regime has enough control and is able to provide enough basic needs to prevent widespread disorder.

>Shin explained he did not tell the full story because he wished to hide "that my mother and brother were executed because of my report," saying "the most important reason why I could not reveal all of the truth was because of my family." He went on to say "All I did until last September was discuss the camps as they were, but once the video was released [of his father], the nastiness of North Korea infuriated me. Then I realized I should not hold anything back."[3]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Dong-hyuk

Lad, "fictive elements" do not equal "kept stuff out", saying dragons exist is ficticious, not saying dogs exist is keeping stuff out. He added fake stuff.

>He added fake stuff.

Like what based user

mufuggin entire family mufuggin third cousin twice removed dp'd by a pair of hungarian acrobats

Stay mad faggot

>Communism is good, REAL communism just hasn't been tried yet!

Hmm.. seem like Kim regime is really very fair after all, you convince me based user, glory to kim and Juche.

[One North Korean won have been deposited in your account]

wtf i love invading sovereign countries to fund our military industrial complex now

>implying I care

Keep memeing, meme man

>America turns country into fuckpuppet
>it turns out okay
>country is devoid of American influence
>it turns out shit

MUH SOVEREIGNTY

Thank fuck our media don't lie to us.

This as well.
North Korea is a horrendous dictatorship but the regime hasn't managed to suck away their humanity. North Koreans laugh, they play, they have kids, they have dreams and aspirations like everyone else. Its a hostage crisis run by evil men at the top who aren't crazy or irrational, just evil and tyrannical.

You can't say these kids look unhappy seriously.
*long live the Juche*

I know I enjoy my snow coffee.

Not really......
"Reactionary racism and national chauvinism which were used by the imperialists as ideological instruments of aggression and domination have been rejected by progressive humanity... Our nation-first idea which is thoroughly opposed to reactionary racism, national chauvinism and cosmopolitanism not only values the the good traits of different nations but also respects the independence of other nations.

The excellence of our nation that we emphasise has nothing in common with with racism or national chauvinism. We do not assert that Korean's biological constitution is more developed than those of other races. Defining the superiority of a nation according to biological or ethnic characeristics is the practice of reactionary bourgeois 'ethnology".
-Kim Il Sung, 1989 "Let Us Highly Display the Korean-Nation First Spirit"

It was doing ok when the soviets were still around because they got direct funding, but once that collapsed everything went to hell much like Mongolia, except Mongolia also isn't run by a dictatorship so it's just poor instead of poor and all the other problems.

Something you have to understand that the people there are not brainwashed like the media likes you to believe. They're hostages, of course they say they believe this stuff when on camera because they know what'll happen if they dont't.

Source? If not you are full of shit.

>no roads
>no cars
>no money to build roads or buy cars
>state wouldn't even allow these things if they were possible
>hurr look no road traffic

>the source of the image is a blog

robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2015/06/09/the-north-korea-is-dark-at-night-lie/

>A photo taken from space and showing a pitch black North Korea next to a brightly lit South Korea is one of the most famous images of the country. And the country’s ruling regime has responded to the picture, hitting out at critics of the state.
>An editorial in the state-run newspaper, the Rodong Sinmun, claims that the country is not weakened by its lack of electricity and that other countries could soon find themselves in the same situation.

independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/north-korea-its-not-a-problem-that-country-goes-dark-at-night-10033200.html

Americans just can't handle that the hamburger was invented by Kim Jong-Il

>nork video shows westerners like "snow coffeee" and shooting each other for fun
What are iced coffeee and paintball?

Is that blog legit? Is that North Korea looks like a night? Is it bullshit?

That is such a false black and white dichotomy. You can oppose American imperialism and the MIC and still oppose North Korea and its shithole country. I don't support invading the DPRK btw.

It's apparently admitting that North Korea has national blackouts, but arguing that they don't occur every single night. This is based on one undated image.

>>no roads
>>no cars
I saw a video of someone driving in Pyongyang. There are roads and cars.

Which image? The common meme pic we see or the image from that "blog"? Either way is it bullshit?

well I don't like ad hominems but I would have my doubts when the author blog is a literal member of Communist Party USA and auto nominated revolutionary and "Liberal race realist".

I view them as a victim of circumstance. They're a third world country with a single nominal ally (who recently stopped 75% of their coal imports, North Korea's largest exported good), are being sanctioned to shit by the entire world ever since the end of the cold war, and now started a nuke program to defend themselves after the US invaded Afghanistan and Iraq. Since they started that the US has also invaded Libya, is actively deploying their military to Syria, it constantly sabre rattling with Iran, how the hell else are they supposed to run their country? People say "muh chinese style reforms", but the PRC was only able to do that after it had gained international recognition and friends like Nixon, North Koreans have been isolated by the entire world. And before you say "it's their own fault", no, it isn't, they didn't pursue nukes or missles until the US needlessly invaded Iraq for oil.

I can guarantee had coal been anywhere near as valuable as oil they'd have got "freedomed" in the early noughties.

I had recently read any article about Russia possibly replacing North Korea as their main ally. I think that's very unlikely because Russia's geopolitical interest with Korea is "Don't fuck up the status quo" and the fact that while its possible they are secretly pro-DPRK, they are out in the open annoyed with Pyongyang's nuclear weapons so I don't know what's going to happen with that. Moscow and Beijing ideologically hasn't been able to influence North Korea in anyway for decades now.

>can't into oxford comma

Yeah, that doesn't sound at all plausible for the reason you've listed. Who wrote this article? Was it by some guardian armchair geopolitical analyst?

On your birthday the state gives you a bowl of white rice. That's a treat there.

>get a single bowl of rice for your birthday
If this were anywhere near true they'd all be dead, every single one of them. You can't survive on a bowl of rice a year. What do you think they eat when it's not their birthday? Lead? Asbestos?

>"Washington Post"
washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/07/26/why-is-putin-backing-north-korea-to-build-up-russia-as-a-great-power/

Thats beautiful
The North Korean art / propaganda seems very interesting to me. I hope it can be preserved and studied in the future

>doesn't give a shit
Erm, you don't know the differences between dictators lad. Nork dictators actally give a shit about the country and spend their whole day running it. They're not your typical Arab/African doughface who has billions in foreign bank accounts, sits ass in palaces all day and is ready to floor the country at any moment.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! You believe the MSM bullshit on North Korea?!! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
My sides!!!!
Yeah lets demonize a country that doesn't have a Rothschild central bank and a country with balls to stand up against the NWO and America. How evil!!!!!! oooooh socialism is sooooo bad guise because muh freedumbs and muh market.