So

So...

does Veeky Forums have any gold and silver? Seems like a pretty good idea tbqh fampai

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Database_download#Where_do_I_get_it.3F
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I panned for gold flakes at a fair one time as a kid

i have a monsterbox of 2008 american silver eagles, one 100 ounce bar from a canadian mint, and some generic one ounce buffalos..

I feel very meh about it, gold and silver markets are boring af & not really the hedge im looking for in case currency or societal collapse. I'd spend my money on land before gold/silver.

I thought about doing it just because it looks cool. Decided to buy more ltc and iota instead

>societal collapse
>anyone caring about who owns what
if you think society will collapse, which (((they))) wont let happen, you better invest in some weapons

I just bought my first ever metals this past week. 21 ounces of Silver... Hoping I'm not a loser at everything in life....

Nice number, demon.

Been long gold futures since 1290. 10x leverage its been a good ride and it is about to moon.

I bought and sold gold in the 2000s.

There was a year where eBay gave you 30% off any Buy Now purchase up to a savings of like $300 or something.

So I bought three 1oz gold coins for 30% under market value. Sold them during golds ATH.

I miss finding deals like that online.

Can you give an extra quick rundown on how you trade futures? Where?

Interactive Brokers

Lie on the application about having traded them before and having good knowledge

They work like stocks but with huge margin lending built in

Get the nonprofessional data from cme so you can get live quotes

Look up the contract specs on cme group to know when the last trade date is and the multiplier on the price ticker

Always make sure to check the margin reqs before you trade

Do not go over 50% margin req unless you are a super chad

>currency of societal collapse
I never understood that logic. If society collapses they'll want useful objects that'll help them survive. Not lumps of metal. Think water filters and seed banks

Also, what's the risk of getting fake gold?

Thank you!

you can't stockpile a meaningful amount of goods that will be priceless in a cataclysmic situation unless you've got a huge tract of land/storage space, and there's a decent chance that people will cling to some old world values and agreed to trade in gold especially considering how durable it is

Information and knowledge is more valuable than gold and necessary for the revival of society.

You can fit the entirety of Wikipedia on a single thumb drive. you could download it today. Right now even!!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Database_download#Where_do_I_get_it.3F

trips don't lie do they...?

just about everything is more important than gold if society collpases for sure, especially medical expertise, but I'm trying to say that if you're some kind of doomsday prepper with disposable income then some gold is better than no gold.

1650 oz ag 5 oz au
You will know when society starts to collapse because these two items will not be for sale.

yeah, but nobody's going to break into your home, hold a gun to your head and say WHERE'S THE WIKIPEDIA!
I'm just thinking in terms of buy low/sell high. In a global crisis gold retains it's value at best, while necessities sky rocket in value and can be used to keep yourself alive to boot.

Because gold is easier than bartering in items, and most people will still accept it as valuable. What if you've got enough water filters to last a lifetime, and you're trying to sell seeds. The person you're trading with is desperate for your seeds, they offer you gold or more water filters? You'll take the god damn gold not 1000 water filters.

I feel this is really going to take off when the crypto bubble dies.

Especially silver.

I'd say /biz threads are 97% crypto 1% gold silver 1% stocks 1%business ideas.

If one third of this bubble flows to investment demand of gold and especially silver this is going to boom.

this is good news

The only thing that keeps me from investing in gold/silver (other than it being a waste of money with insignificant returns) is the schizophrenic faggot that keeps making condescending psychotic posts on this board.

I buy gold and silver here and there. Nice to have some on hand. Good for savings since interest is low and inflation will eat it up. Plus I cash out my crypto gains into gold/silver to turn into fiat.

Great for savings because I have to get off my ass and drive to turn it into fiat so I have to plan and think about my needs ahead of time. Plus I would prefer to leave my family a giant safe of gold rather than a bank account when I go to avoid my estate getting taxed.

where do you cash out your crytpo for metals? i feel like there's a good chance you could get fucked over but ive never looked into it so i can't really say

Of course i got some physical gold and silver, only a fool wouldn't have any in their portfolio.

you can buy with bitcoin at jmbullion

Provident metals also accepts Bitcoin

do you think that they give the record of all of their bitcoin sales over to the government? im just trying to consider all possible avenues of possibly getting fucked over

Interesting. Thanks fellas.

All orders over 10,000 are reported I'm not sure about specifically bit coin orders

what do you think about making different accounts and ordering ~$9000 with them? it may log it based on the address tho

From what I understand other than your state sales tax the seller is responsible for the tax of precious metal you will be taxed at the time when you sell it, if you're going to try and outsmart the government you should probably do a better job than making different accounts and ordering from the same address yes

Gold 3x overpriced now