Go to Veeky Forums wanting to discuss ethnic and linguistic migrations during the late paleolithic...

>go to Veeky Forums wanting to discuss ethnic and linguistic migrations during the late paleolithic, neolithic and metal age
>it's all nothing but /pol/tards and libtards arguing about WW2

WW2 threads should automatically be transferred to /k/. It's the most overdone topic in existence.

>be me
>go on Veeky Forums
>expect history of all eras
>instead see WW2 getting spammed
>not even WW1 is mentioned on here which is closely related to WW2 subject matter
>see wehrboos and sovietboos who look like they're suspiciously from /k/ autistically arguing about weapon systems while progressives and libtards join in and mention subtle political shit, this triggers /pol/ who also joins in and consequently ruin everything
>meanwhile /int/posters are making country-specific posts which also triggers both political people and the /k/ people even more
>it's an incredibly large clusterfuck like the HRE
>Veeky Forumstorians are caught in the middle of it all
>they can't even control their own board, much like the emperor of the HRE
When did you realise Veeky Forums was the HRE personified all along?

>go to Veeky Forums expecting rational discussion of controversial topics
>every other post is a triggered redditor spouting le pol boogeyman

Nobody cares, pseud. History is for idiots.

>metal age
You mean the 80's?

>expecting a history board with no specific time period to not be dominated by WW2 discussion

>history is for idiots

Half the threads devolve into arguing about the Byzantines and how Turks ruined it all.

>IF I DISLIKE A POST THEN ITS A MEME

>makes a shitthread to complain about all the shitthreads

You are doing God's Work, user.

Nothing will change though. Not even the mods care anymore. I mean I could suggest having gens which only then its acceptable to post about it. Or maybe even have designated pages for big topics. But they wont happen.
I just wanted to fucking chill and talk in comfy threads about the American Civil war and learn more but no that cant happen because every single time it has to devolve between the "heh sorry kiddo"-ers constantly bringing up slavery just to trigger the dixietards that ALWAYS bite that shit up. FUCKING STOP
I stopped reading and learning about the civil war and CSA because I just coudlnt be bothered with the discussion and I`m more on to WW1 now. And I mean I like the memes I think we need more as a board, but the bait is shit and needs to stop. /pol needs to stay on /pol and the mods need to take a tougher stance on this. Or just any fucking stance. I`ve seen boards go to shit before but this is ridicolous. Theres no fucking discussion, I barely see threads for beginner people trying to learn more or follow an interest. Its ALL about WW2, how could x have won?, did x deserve this?, *insert name of a country with one of the vowels replaced by an asterisk*.
This board is fucking sinking.

>ignoring the large thread made by a guy doing his thesis on WWI
It's breddy gud m8, check it out.

>saying X is for idiots
>on a board literally called X (and Y to a lesser extent)
>not a meme

>rational discussion of controversial topics
You mean the same shit we've had threads over for years where the OP is just looking for someone to agree with by shitposting any person who disagrees with the exact same ideology that is echoed on /pol/ all day long? And you're surprised people call you a poltard on your fifth Africa thread of the hour? Take you 'controversial topics' anywhere you else, you are the type of person ruining this board

>I EXPECT MY VAGUE, UNSUPPORTED, OBVIOUSLY RETARDED OPINION TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

same user, there is no refuge online for our types. People automatically treat this site like a joke, you can't expect them to treat the subjects wanted to be discussed seriously. I've been thinking of making a Chan of my own with differ in boards for different branches of the humanities

>Go on Veeky Forums looking for a certain topic of discussion
>don't find it
>instead of creating a thread to discuss that topic, create a thread complaining about how there is no thread for this topic
Life is suffering isn't it

Well I mean I`m fine with people joking about history, and thats kind of what gets me through the boring parts of reading it etc. but to joke about something you have to know a little about it and not just constantly making the same tired jokes.

Really can't reinforce the fact that all of this would be fixed if you just bring &humanities back to Veeky Forums

>Wants to talk about ancient migrations

So what do you think of the sea peoples

>how dare somebody criticize muh board
>ITS RETARDED BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE TO RECONSIDER MY BELIEFS WAH

&
HUMANITIES

That's because anons want to come here and be spoon fed knowledge, rather than take the time to dig through academic papers, books and maps themselves. They don't want to discuss, they want to be taught through easily digestible green text so they can post about it elsewhere and feel like an authority, or spout their memes and History channel-tier knowledge and feel like they're intellectuals.

I really feel like "Be the change you want to see," has never been more applicable than it is here on Veeky Forums. But in true Veeky Forums form, most user's will only piss and moan about it. These threads are becoming
>tfw no gf
And
>I wanna an hero /b/ wat do
Level of lazy posting.

I think the problem is that the majority of posters on Veeky Forums haven't even taken a history course besides the mandatory ones in high school. Teleology is rampant on Veeky Forums and basic critical thought taught in introductory history courses at college like how to properly shift through and avoid bias in sources, relating events and people to each other instead of looking at them in a vacuum, and being able to study people and events without judging them with your modern ideals is pretty much absent on Veeky Forums. Also the majority of posters on Veeky Forums don't actually care about the study of history and the past, but just want to use history to justify their beliefs and ideology and shit on ideologies they don't like

>critical thought
>taught in glorified STEMsperg courses
>bias is bad because it means i cant seem like le cool cold science man
History is for idiots, once again confirmed

It's a little sad, honestly, because early Veeky Forums is where I really learned to appreciate history and got me into a few elective history classes at my university. I've never understood the desire to interject personal beliefs and political stances into history, be it from here or from some dumb 19 year old in one of my courses, and using it as a means to push your own ideological agenda is literally a topic for /pol/, I don't see why people come here to do it. I guess the (you)s are too valuable.

There's not much to be done aside from what I said earlier. If people want serious discourse about topics, then they're going to have to study them and then start the conversation, nobody is going to do it for them.
Why are you here exactly? I'm legitimately curious.

You constantly interject personal and political beliefs into history, you fucking idiot.
I'm here because you idiots need to be smacked down.

Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy :^)

Honestly I never thought about why people come here, what drives peoples interest, and I guess thats where all the problems come from.
I mean I always consider why I like history and I think its part heritage, learning about what happened in the past to get closer to the present. Part...its hard to explain but i mean it is hi-Story there is kind of an enjoyment in learning about it. To the point I dont look or try to avoid the outcomes of events when Im reading about them if I can, basically spoilers. and most recently I like the lessons. I think theres something to be learnt from history even on a personel level. I`ve made a lot of mistakes in my life and I could have prevented a fuck ton of them if I had just taken a closer look at history.
I mean maybe thats an autistic reason but heh, I dont go around posting much anyways unless its a question or something I have a source on,

>lol i dont do that because im not aware XDD only people who DISAGREEE WITH MEEE do that

Getting settled in under the covers yet?

>Create a history board
>>&humanities
>Becomes a shift between /pol2/, /leftypol2/ and memes incarnate

What did gookmoot mean by this?

Don't forget
>purge Veeky Forums of any &humanities to come here, making Veeky Forums a slow as fuck board

>Killing Veeky Forums
>This is a "bad" thing

Veeky Forums has always been a slow board. Also, making it literature-only improved the board quality exponentially.

it is history for normies, like medicine is science for normies

And it made any posting about humanities worse since now any idiot can bait Veeky Forums with a vague question instead of basing the thread discussion around a certain text.

>Also, making it literature-only improved the board quality exponentially.
That is just like your opinion man. Ever since Veeky Forums was created, Veeky Forums seemed to have some concussion or detachment from its previous iteration, in that its board culture has declined. At least in my opinion

>board culture has declined

Have you guys ever been sort of surprised by the birth of culture in a vacuum, like it happens on the internet? I keep being amazed by it. Imagine the day when we can have actual history, books and studies into a completely new kind of inherently anarchistic culture.

Have you ever been on Veeky Forums before Veeky Forums was created? It was a shitpost centre just as Veeky Forums is now. Maybe 30% of threads were literature-related, the rest was completely unrelated shit that had nothing to do with anything, much like humanities now.

Honestly thinking about it, you think that a board where a big shared interest is millitary history, that we would be capable if not excelling at repusling raids and co-ordinating ourselves.
I mean I`ve never witnessed a board get raided and then pretty much settled by them, and there not be more people bitching about it, Fucking /lgbt handled /pol better than us. This is basically just /re-assuremyalreadyfirmbeliefinsaidpoliticalideology now.
What an arse of a time to be a /his mainer.

Oh sure I do remember the christfagging infestation and other cancer. But vague baitty &humanities threads were at least cleaned up by janitors or shut down by memes and any humanities posting and shitposting at least could be anchored on something

/lgbt/ had, and still has, some pretty aggressive mods and jannies. We do not. They're not as bad as everyone says they are I believe, it's that most b8 threads go unreported. I've been steadily reporting /pol/ and other b8 threads and it seems to work some of the time. We just need to get better and ignoring and reporting, and doing what
Said, and starting actual threads about history.

Start reading actual historical books (we need weekly Veeky Forums reading threads where we read and analyze together a certain book)

Make well thought out historical threads

Ignore, report and hide /pol/

voila, see how board quality rises

>voila, see how board quality rises
Barely

Sure, I mean I stopped reporting threads a while back because I didnt think they were doing anything. Guess I`ll restart.
I think a big hurdle is the fact that it is history. Its hard to distinguish it since we dont have a hardline rule that all mods have to listen too, meaning its up to the person to decide.

Good idea but getting the threads active will be a bit difficult. Just because a good thread exists doesnt mean people will use it. I thought about maybe trying a like beginner thread for new people, with questions like what to read, if theres a historical figure their looking for etc. like a question that doesnt deserve their own thread thread. But good idea =/= popular thread.

I mean, it's easy to spot a bait thread, history or not. And while shitposting will always be the number one activity on Veeky Forums as a whole, if we want any sort of improvement to the board we'll have to make real threads and be active in them.
Apathy and defeatism is the real enemy here. Rolling over and dying is the worst thing to do, and it's what has happened.

Hell, even /k/ had Let's Read threads, and they were fantastic, we should be able to do them with some success. Of course, they were good because the books were horrible (World War Z, and some book written by William Lind, look him up) but I'm sure we could find some hilariously bad "history" book we could pick apart and laugh at as a collective. Man I miss the Lindsanity threads.

QTDDTOT threads are good in theory, but rarely anyone that can answer said questions shows up to give answers, and I feel like the questions themselves would be too niche and specific for that to work. Just my opinion of course, but those threads on /k/ generally suck.

This, but unironically, history forums are always full of pseuds dumping entry level history in a search for a pat on the head.
It's especially cringeworthy when it comes to games.

Yeah the only decent ones I`ve seen are on /fa and thats just because of the subject.
That was my point how it probably wouldnt work at all. I agree with you though.

Nothing worse than the 'Veeky Forums approved gaymes' thread that pops up every few days. Play video games all you want, but stop pretending you're smart, or learning history, by wewuzzing Romans invading Gauls (your actual 'ancestors').

>go to Veeky Forums wanting to discuss WW2
>it's all nothing but /pol/tards and libtards arguing about ethnic and linguistic migrations during the late paleolithic, neolithic and metal age

welcome

I'm not over anything. There are big lies.