Why didn't you just become a doctor, Veeky Forums?

Why didn't you just become a doctor, Veeky Forums?

too much work for too little money

Shit wagecuck

I am.

> masturbate, study, get A's in school
> 400k debt
> 200k salary
Life is so easy.

LOL I actually AM becoming a doctor. Second year of Medical School here. I also buy Crypto though. Why not do both?

That's work

cos when i had to think about money the most i was the edgy teenager who wanted to do something i'd enjoy in life. so ended up working in vfx. could be worse

I'm not a very bright person. So I'm a business major instead.

I'm not good enough to want to save people and I'm not bad enough to want to kill them.

because my dad is one and his working hours when i was younger put me off

This.

I'm a doctor.

Lol me too.

Because in Italy being a doctor doesn't mean you are rich, it's just paid more than average. Plus, hospitals in Italy are fucking awful looking structures and working there your whole life would be fucking depressing

Italy sucks then.

>being an Italian doctor

cause i hate humans and i am edgy as fuck

>he has a highschool diploma
get the fuck off my board and never return

Yet Italians live just as long as people in places where doctors and hospitals are a thieving mafia sticking pharma company cock like in Australia and the US.

Really makes you think.

In the USA all doctors have pretty comfy incomes... Most are not rich, but certainly middle upper class.

Being a doctor sounds pretty miserable between all the stress and the hours.

It seems like the only sure path to an upper middle class income and hot gfs for an autist

I've actually met some Doctors that are chad as fuck. I'm not sure what to feel about smart chads.

CPA

dealing with sick people all day

no thanks

Yeah we are a first world country so we happen to have a healthcare. Plus it’s free and really good. But being a doctor must be fucking depressing

because the chance of getting a green card is much higher if I go to business school instead

Saving people's lives

Anyone who has even been proper ill for any length of time will love doctors

or they will hate doctors

Imagine being a doctor in the usa and having to help niggers. What a mess.

This cuck hahaha
Accounting is shit trier pay and for betas

Okay they may hate many up until they find the one that cures them, provided what they suffer from is curable. Speaking from experience

typical Veeky Forums

go back to

My friend is a urologist and hes pretty fucked with debt. He says being a doctor is not like what we think it is. The expensive shit they buy is for tax purposes and they have to study for like 10 years and more if they are board certified. Also the biggest thing is debt

>don't like helping people
It's as simple as that.

How do I do good on finals?

Im in uni right now doing premed, and I cant fucking keep my grades up because

>be me
>start semester
>get B+/A- in all my classes
>final time comes
>study like crazy, visit office hours with professor, try everything, take caffeine
>get C- on finals like everytime
>final grade crashes to like a B-

holyt fuck the only thing I havent tried yet is adderal before tests. Where can I get adderal easily?

Surprising amount of doctors in this thread.

To answer your question, I have been for 4 years now. It's a pretty stressful job, I don't recommend it.

what specialty? I want to specialize in whatever has the least hours, idc if its shittier pay

PA program here, got 1 year to go out of 2, just clinical's to do. Didn't want to do the 4 years and then the rest of the shit. Doing crypto also!

How hard was it to get into p.a school honest answer please

GPA was 3.78 undergrad. I applied to like 7, schools, spent a few k in applications. I'm from chicago, so I applied to all the ones in IL and then ones in OH (I dont fucking know why I didn't try any other state). I got 2 interviews out of 4 schools in IL (SIU and Midwestern), they denied me and other schools just rejected straight up. OH I got 2 interviews out of 3 schools, got accepted to the one I like and cancelled interview for other.

Then you need the medical work hours to, I had like 2 years of CNA work. Best thing to do is apply to a shit ton of schools that take a descent GPA and dont take the GRE into to much of a consideration (I was like 50% tile).

TLDR: Hard

for you

you can google your illness and find what medicine you need, but you have to go to some fuckhead to write you the prescription and pay them way too much money.

Every med-school student I've met is some 110 IQ faggot that thinks theyre hot shit because of how much money they are going to make. There a thin facade of pretending they want to help people, but they would never go to another country and take a pay cut. really shitty crowd.

Go back to >>>/africa/

I don't agree with how simply you boiled down the role of doctors, a lot of medicine is complex and you don't wanna try to manage the shit yourself with no knowledge of physiology, especially if you're dosing your own pharmaceuticals or combining them. You won't last long.

I agree with what you said about the average med student, a lot of Drs/med students in my country (AUS) are in it for the prestige (Some of the med graduates from my uni hire limos for their ceremonies) and pay and couldn't gaf about actually going over and above for people. They become little more than literally sound to text for the medical academic literature. Lack critical thinking skills or the drive to think critical because they don't care about anything more than the pay. People figure they're smart enough and do it just because and that's NOT who you want looking after your health.

I have Lyme disease from a tick bite in a country that doesn't recognise its existence here. To your point about about prescribing your own meds based on your research, I had to do that with a herbal protocol, googled and read until I came upon a protocol that has changed my life and totally removed most of the most debilitating symptoms - Was hospitalised for a week due to my heart, had to drop out of uni because it fucked me up so bad.

In the year leading up to me finding a doc willing to treat me, I was passed along from doc to doc spouting the usual bullshit and telling me it was all in my head. The health practitioner regulation authority here bans doctors who treat it. FINALLY found two doctors who were willing to stick their necks out and treat me for it. They obviously don't care about the money and genuinely want to help people. They need to learn to screen for people like this in medical programmes.

most doctors are fucking retarded

these fucks get paid 400k a year to misdiagnose my cancer for an entire year when I knew more about it than them from 5minutes on google

Dude that's crazy. You okay?

hmm thanks for the story user