How much would it cost to live in Antarctica?

How much would it cost to live in Antarctica?
Any valuable shit up there?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarctica
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i hear the ice is leaving so the supply is decreasing. if the demand stays the same the value of ice will increase

Don't buy, the cap is too large

I don't think you can live Antarctica. You could live in Svalbard, which is similar but on the opposite end of the Earth.

Start melting ice and using explosives to reduce the cap. Then start a crypto called AntarcticaCoin used to sell land. Keep destroying ice and eventually the (AC) will be extremely high in value relative to the amount of land there is to own.

what you mean I cant? its a sheet of ice, Ill just walk in there and set up a house
question is, how much do those blizzard houses cost?

No one can own land in Antarctica, some international treaty or something.

That's what they said about Seaworld or whatever the fuck that Old Oil thing is outside English Waters.

kek

With all these threads.... -__-

If you really wanted to, making a sovereign nation is really cheap in third world areas.

You just.... ya know, need guns. BUT! There's also the benefit of self regulating, "Currency of Choice - BTC" Could be the first nation.

Is this my chance to share my idea of using my crypto gains for fund a warlord state in the Balkans?

Lel

All you need is 1 nuke.

wait I just thought of something...

Why cant I just fucking live in the boat?

also: whos going to know Im there?

>Antartica
>up there

>The Arctic is to the north, Antartica is down south

Oh user...

>Antarctica
>up

How will you get fuel and other supplies?

>water
Im surrounded by ice
>food
hunt a seal
>fuel
Ill just bring a lot with me

ice caps are an anomaly

just the way you look at it
how do you know the map hasnt been upside down?

Fuck you

hey now are you saying that Antarctica is below other natioins?!?!? thats nazi thinking right there!!!! Next you will say science is real, biology matters and IQ averages across ethnic and racial groups exist! REEEEE!!!!! WHERE IS Muh SERBICE ANIMAL!

whatever it costs to get a science phd at a top university.
you could always try greenland tho

a lot of western powers have laws forbidding ships flagged in their country to journey south of 60 degrees south. and not only is it a crime to sail that far south but
>The latitudes south of this parallel are often referred to as the Screaming 60s due to the prevailing high-speed, westerly winds which can generate large waves in excess of 15 m (50 ft) and peak wind speeds over 145 km/h (90 mph)

> use btc as currency

and miss the opportunity to launch an altcoin

sounds fun, I like stormy weather

but what are the odds that they even catch me? is someone constantly patrolling the area?

because the axis of rotation that the Earth rotates around the sun is based on positive and negative magnetic fields
there's a reason that planets like Uranus are said to be tilted upside down.

i'm gonna tilt uranus upside down

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarctica
The main mineral resource known on the continent is coal. The Prince Charles Mountains contain significant deposits of iron ore. The most valuable resources of Antarctica lie offshore, namely the oil and natural gas fields found in the Ross Sea. coal, hydrocarbons, iron ore, platinum, copper, chromium, nickel, gold and other minerals have been found

Exploitation of all mineral resources is banned until 2048 by the Protocol on Environmental Protection to the Antarctic Treaty. The 1991 Protocol on Environmental Protection to the Antarctic Treaty also restricts a struggle for resources. In 1998, a compromise agreement was reached to place an indefinite ban on mining, to be reviewed in 2048, further limiting economic development and exploitation.

This board has always been more cruel and hilarious than /b/ could ever be