Fuck, I made a terrible impulse buy. Shouldn't have bought cheap replica armor on ebay...

Fuck, I made a terrible impulse buy. Shouldn't have bought cheap replica armor on ebay. They were all made by indians and it looks awful.

Are there any sites that sell replica armor that looks more historically accurate?

Other urls found in this thread:

kultofathena.com/armor-full.asp
mytholon.com/en/armour/plate-armour/armour-sets/10440/kaspar-armour-set-browned-with-blank-bordering
swordforum.com/forums/showthread.php?108463-Impressive-size-of-Zweihander-(two-handed-sword-or-greatsword)-vs-swordman
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>and it looks awful.
pics?

That's it, it looked even worse when I first got it until I bought another helmet and plate to try and salvage it but it still looks off

looks like shit. why would you ever buy cheap replica stuff? you know exactly what you're going to get

Well at least you have a pretty bad ass decoration for Halloween.

>Throw it down a rocky hill a few times
>Leave it out in the rain to rust
>Put skeleton in it
>Prop it up on the front porch holding a bowl of candy
>Coolest house on the street

how much did it cost? Just wondering what the ballpark for "cheap" is

$400 plus $150 for the other burgonet helm/plate

you stupid asshole

hope it falls on you

Where do you live? There are hundreds of armourers that can make you an historically accurate suit.

Is this a meme or just one guy spamming his stupidity across al boards? I remember the same exact pics on /k/.

Yeah I know, I've also been trying to search and found a guy who can build me this instead for $800 but it doesn't look that much better either.

That was my thread on /k/ too but they don't know where to buy any other replica armor either. I'm hoping /his can help better instead so I can get something more decent.

Lel, well you can at least attack it with a sword or spear for testing like thegnthrand

That's probably closer to what a late 14th/early 15th century armour would look like.

You may want to try Get Dressed for Battle or Marshall Historical. They do off the peg one size fits all armour that is OK. It looks a lot more like armour than what's been posted and the size/fit factor isn't an issue if you don't intend to wear it. Should be able to get most of a suit and still be in budget, though shipping costs may add up.

>the one on the left

Are you the user who asked if I remember correctly on Veeky Forums if he should buy those armors? And everyone warned you that they would look like shit but you insisted on wasting your money on them? Well I guess the joke is on you.

You're shit outta luck as far as good armour goes. The only place i've heard of is Fabrica Cacti and I don't even know how or where you can place an order, since the site is still not working.

Are you the fucker than was warned to not do it be Veeky Forums and you did it anyway? You deserve what you got.

The one on the right doesn't look so bad

It looks cheap as fuck, with those brass decorations than seem glued or the badly adjusted parts.

Lmao they look like Halloween costumes

You could've bought a chain shirt, leggings, helmet, tabard and belt for that price. For shame user.

I really wanted plate armor. There just weren't any other choices I could find that were cheap. Even Kult of Athena's armor selection was atrocious, I'd be even more pissed if I spent more than $1000 for this.

kultofathena.com/armor-full.asp

Also I found another website selling cheap armor called "Kaspar". Is this based on something historically accurate? They didn't have armor for the legs or arms?

mytholon.com/en/armour/plate-armour/armour-sets/10440/kaspar-armour-set-browned-with-blank-bordering

>impulse buying armor

I'm friends with some reenactors and they spent literally years researching and modifying their selections, and in the end a decent harness won't cost you any less than $3000, especially if you get them in SCA combat grade.

Find an era you're interested in, go to the library and research the proportions and materials and undergarments you want. Don't just find an interesting profile and mix and match your shit.

Even a medium-quality piece of armor will outlast you. Get something that won't be embarrassing in 20 years. Choose an era and location so you have a reference point.

SCA armor isn't historically accurate though. They mix up a lot of historically anachronistic pieces together.

I mean in terms of steel gauge and safety.

And saying "SCA is anachronistic" is redundant.

Shouldve gone pikeman then

looks fairly accurate for polish hussar or some other light cav aromur

It's as accurate as you want it to be. It's generally thicker than real armor, but this is a good thing because it means it doesn't get damaged as easily.

Is this the same armor? It looks really similar but this one has full plate armor for the arms and legs too

swordforum.com/forums/showthread.php?108463-Impressive-size-of-Zweihander-(two-handed-sword-or-greatsword)-vs-swordman

>Get something that won't be embarrassing in 20 years

think that's already out the window here

>>Are there any sites that sell replica armor that looks more historically accurate?

nigga you cant fucking buy it online, you need to be measured for it and get it fitted, this is the Veeky Forums nerd version of those fat girls who buy "designer" imitation dresses off ebay and end up wearing a misshapen sack on prom night

Munitions armour was and is a thing. Not every harness was a bespoke, tailored, custom model.

if I was dropping serious coin on a full blown suit of armor in 2017 I'd want to see it irl and make sure it'll fit me comfortably, not try my luck and buy it blind online with some low res pictures as the only guide like the fool of an OP did, and look at the shit he got. If you aren't treating it like buying a tailored suit you probably just want it for a costume or decoration, which is fine, but if you want to wear it and get use out of it, or want it to look good, the few $500+ suits hawked on ebay aren't worth it.

>Not every harness was a bespoke, tailored, custom model

if you are buying it for yourself why wouldn't you get it made to suit you? At least try the fucking thing on before you buy it.

Because fitted armour was expensive and a off the peg suit that fits OK instead of fits perfectly, is still better than no suit at all.

OP clearly wants something to sit in the corner on a stand. Fit isnt that important.

You dun goofed nigger.

I was in that thread telling you not to get chinese shit. Jesus man why did you do it?

This is why you smith your own armor or find a local smith to do it