Why are you not a solipsist?

Why are you not a solipsist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a6wmDBz8H_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because, you mere figment of my own dreams, I choose not to imagine myself as one.

Because I'm not real, I'm just a figment of your imagination

Because even if solipsism were true, it is still far more simpler to explain the world without being solipsist.

Does solipsism claim that I created my own world too, or merely that I am the only real person in it?

Don't think its that coherent man.

Heidegger crushed it anyway

Bait

>logic, the only thing that can be rational in a solipsistic world, is bait

It's a philosophical dead end.

Logic is not rational. Rationality is not rationality. Rationality does not exist.

What does exist then?

>simplicity is good
Atheist reductionism is a disease.
Occam was a fucking idiot. Take him out of the textbooks like the 'confederate heroes' are being taken out of the ground.

because I enjoy many physical phenomena and would not enjoy them as much if I believed they did not exist. I currently enjoy interacting with the world, and if I convinced myself it was fake I would be sad.
If it's true my world is fake, nothing I can do will change that, and if it's not true, but I believe it to be true, I harm myself and alienate others.

tl;dr pascals wager but without theology

I don't even understand the concept of something that I don't experience myself existing.

suffering

But if its not real why do you suffer? Any emotional pain is caused by your own belief in the construct and physical pain is an uncomfortable delusion

how can suffering exist without joy?

i just said it exists not that its real. "real" is a vague word if you deconstruct it enough

joy contains suffering too. suffering doesnt contain joy

but how can you know you are suffering, if all you do is suffer? If there is nothing but suffering, how can you distinguish that emotion?

by intensity

If all you have is shades of pain, why haven't you killed yourself?

I haven't killed myself because there are things that make me happy, memories of past happy times, and the knowledge that current unhappiness is not permanent. But if your entire existence has been only varying sorrows, you should probably either kill yourself or reframe your mind to experience less suffering as happiness

>If all you have is shes of pain, why haven't you killed yourself?
natural instinct, fear of pain
also suffering might be too intense of a word when talking about very small degrees of it. im also not saying temporary happiness doesnt exist

>what does exist?
>suffering

I thought you meant that happiness does not exist. or was that not you?

>what does exist?
>black
does that mean i said white doesn't exist?
is black the absence of white or white the absence of black?

let me expand then
>Logic is not rational. Rationality is not rationality. Rationality does not exist.
>What does exist then?
>suffering

I understood this to mean that
was asking that if rationality does not exist, are you saying nothing exists, and your reply
I interpreted as a complete list of everything that exists.

If that's not what you meant, then can you expand and tell me what else also exists?

Not him but its basically impossible to argue that both qualia and daesin don't exist

I'm not the guy who said
>Logic is not rational. Rationality is not rationality. Rationality does not exist.
not sure what he meant by it

oh. I feel silly now. I was basically arguing the same point
is making.

>Why are you not a solipsist?

I seem to be a deity. The likelihood of that occurring is pretty slim - being a mortal human who is also a god. Finding out this fact about my life has made me reconsider solipsism.

youtube.com/watch?v=a6wmDBz8H_Q

> Because even if solipsism were true, it is still far more simpler to explain the world without being solipsist

This is my problem.

Occam's razor is actually proven mathematically my friend

Before I knew about it myself, when I was 10, I thought of solipsism.

Everyone did dude

>maths
>proving anything

>maths
>not directly applicable to logic
Slow down before you go full retard

Because I'm not a fucking brainlet

Because my 'self' can be examined in all its components and seen that it is in none of those components. My thoughts alone are not me, same with my body and desires,etc. I am an aggregation of all these and any "essential self" is found nowhere. I would be solipsist if I existed objectively, but I do not.

>mathematics
Irrelevant meme garbage
>proof
Nonexistent garbage

I see you have drunk the anti-rationality koolaid, feel free to rid society from one of its ills by offing yourself

>Its all in your head xD

Dumbest theory ever

>rationality is good becuz i sed so
>LE KILL URSELF FUKIN DEGENERATE XDDD
Legalist cancer. Society is what must kill itself.

I'm not 5yo anymore

you're tainting logic by trying to use it but literally denying it at the same time. Just fuck off.

Stop sanctifying an irrelevant meme you stupid pagan

Solipsism is scary

Unfortunately for you, being retarded isn't something you can just stop doing.